Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

it is a great weekend. hoepfully after this deal ends WA gets the next gather round. With the new opening round in QLD and NSW looking likley to be a feature. this gather round is good way of getting the AFL into the communities rather than just in the city. More regional games is a good idea.
The opening round this year was to take the game to the non Aussie rules states.
The two WA teams have got nothing out of that round or anything thing from the gather round, If anything , it has separated them from the rest of the competition. Making things harder for them than it usually is.

The opening round this year was to take the game to the non Aussie rules states.
The two WA teams have got nothing out of that round or anything thing from the gather round, If anything , it has separated them from the rest of the competition. Making things harder for them than it usually is.
the teams are not meant to get anything out of these events as such. it is for the game it self and the community. which is why the plan is for WA and SA to rotate hosting the Gather round in future.

Mods what can we do to get rid of the picture of the guys penis as the thread title? It’s disgusting and I’m surprised it hasn’t been removed yet by you? It’s been up since this morning . I’m logging on via the Bigfooty app and it’s all I see when clicking on the non Freo discussion 2024 thread? It’s actually pr0n and not acceptable to be honest on a site like this?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I'll email the app people.

If you have this problem, email support@tapatalk.com and they might get to it quicker.
Yeah sorry mate, didn’t know it was there. Ping me or Chief straight away next time something like that comes up. Let us know when the app peeps have resolved it
What Chief & Snuff said.

Dodgy app is dodgy.

the teams are not meant to get anything out of these events as such. it is for the game it self and the community. which is why the plan is for WA and SA to rotate hosting the Gather round in future.
The rotate plan is not a plan, it is something the media and the Boys Club throw out there from time to time.
We will see after SA have finished their stint as to whether it is changeable.

The rotate plan is not a plan, it is something the media and the Boys Club throw out there from time to time.
We will see after SA have finished their stint as to whether it is changeable.
yes the future will reveal all...

I like that our boys had a genuine 'rest' and are flying there now. WCEs stayed in Melbourne for the week "to bond", but maybe it gave Reid an opportunity to speak to his family and other clubs. He might not leave lol

I must be weird, I think Crows a genuine sniff. Dees midfield could be the difference, so I'm still tipping Melbourne

Adelaide are a one man team. Tex had a fantastic season last year and they were good. He has been dogshit to start this season and they have been dogshit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Steven May is elite.

If the club has made no changes, why should they get a hand out? I'm OK if it's board, coach, head recruiter. But in WC's situation, they have continued with the same people. It reeks that they are comfortable with their position. If they are not, the first option shouldn't be AFL handout. It should be internal change (whatever that is). Simpson hasn't forgotten how to coach, so I think it should be higher up (just like I thought it should be higher up when RL got sacked). But if Nisbett is running the club, with Simpson coaching what have WC tried to do to get themselves out of this mess?
My understanding is they've changed their GM (in process), captain, list manager and S&C. But I haven't been paying a lot of attention to what they do. Their coach at the very least won't have his contract renewed. All clearly necessary.

I'm not in favour of giving them or anyone else handouts apart from expansion clubs*, just shooting the breeze about how they could best go about getting themselves up and running again.

Throwing a coach in the deep in is something I don't like to see however, especially a rookie coach.

* I also don't support F/Ss or the majority of the academy stuff. Ours included.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back