Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm getting out of dodge if I'm Bont - what a nothing effort from the rest of their midfielders.
Didn’t think Bont was great either tonight seemed a bit uninterested in the contest. Maybe carrying something or maybe Bevo starting to lose players?

Still think Dogs would be good with a decent coach. Bevo is useless & have no idea how he still has a job.

Twats in the media say JL is under pressure yet perennial underachievers like him & Hinkley seem impervious.

What sort of moron would leave a decent player like Lobb in the 2’s & someone who could be AA as a defender like Naughton down forward without even trying the alternative? Especially when they can’t defend.
He won a flag and got them to 2 GFs.

It's better then Ken Hinkley at Port Adelaide.

I think Bevo would be better off at another club time for a fresh start elsewhere.

Just saw footage of Libba falling over (collapsing is a bit extreme) after a large hit by Stringer. Delayed about 10 seconds after the hit & not one trainer or doctor went out to him at the time.
WTF is that all about?
As a supporter but more importantly as a parent I would be absolutely livid that his welfare wasn’t checked either on field or bring him off & check off field. He wouldn’t come off on his own, he’s not that player.
Theres not a lot of positivity coming out of that club at the moment & in the current climate of concern with player welfare, particularly with a player like Libba who has a history of combative injuries, not to get out there once aware is crap.

Edit to this, Bevo said he fell over because of an ankle tweak. I don’t want him anywhere near our players, there is no way he fell over because of an ankle & he’s trying to downplay it so he can play next week.

He's better than Hughes. At least as good defensively and a better decision maker and better skills.

Would absolutely take, especially as a FA but even as a trade.

Only thing is we'd need to find another role for Chappy as the backline would be getting crowded. Which is fine if the wing thing is legit.
Chapman needs to prove his availability first.

I wouldn't refuse the opportunity to recruit someone simply on the basis that one day Chapman may be fit enough to play 22 games.

Hopefully Chapman does get over his string of injuries and we would have a good problem to solve.

Last edited:
Just saw footage of Libba falling over (collapsing is a bit extreme) after a large hit by Stringer. Delayed about 10 seconds after the hit & not one trainer or doctor went out to him at the time.
WTF is that all about?
As a supporter but more importantly as a parent I would be absolutely livid that his welfare wasn’t checked either on field or bring him off & check off field. He wouldn’t come off on his own, he’s not that player.
Theres not a lot of positivity coming out of that club at the moment & in the current climate of concern with player welfare, particularly with a player like Libba who has a history of combative injuries, not to get out there once aware is crap.

Edit to this, Bevo said he fell over because of an ankle tweak. I don’t want him anywhere near our players, there is no way he fell over because of an ankle & he’s trying to downplay it so he can play next week.
I'm on the same page as you.

The only caveat being that I know they are being super cautious with Aiden O'Driscoll - I'm still absolutely stunned they have managed to keep the details of his concussion under wraps however.

But part of me thinks that in a competitive environment they'd much rather be cautious with a 18 year old than a crucial player.

This is why the mandatory concussion time off is such an awful idea - clubs will now hide things. See the 2 Port players last year who weren't even assessed, see Jacob Weitering a few years ago with an 'eye injury'. Apparently Joel Selwood hasn't been concussed more than a few times according to Geelong - he suffered 'head knocks'.

The worst part about the mandatory time off is if they were following recommendations it would be approximately 4 weeks not 2 - so it's just a half assed measure to point back on from a litigation perspective.

Sam Taylor could be out for a while that concussion looks really bad. Worner hasn't returned yet from a similar one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Taylor looked a lot worse than standard concussion.
Slo-mo'ed it when it happened. When he hit the ground, you could see he already had a massive cut across the full length of his jaw. Possible broken jaw and definitely unconscious before he even hit the ground. Truly horrible.

Last edited:
Slo-mo'ed it when it happened. When he hit the ground, you could see he already had a massive cut across the full length of his jaw. Possible broken jaw and definitely unconscious before he even hit the ground. Truly horrible.
Yes looked very bad.

A real shame for him because he was in AA form.

Hopefully he gets through it ok.

Didn’t think Bont was great either tonight seemed a bit uninterested in the contest. Maybe carrying something or maybe Bevo starting to lose players?

Durham beat him, but surely someone in that (pretty stacked) midfield steps up and takes responsibility?

Reminded me of our bad old days when a hard tag on Fyfe or Hill would see us fall to bits.

Max King is truly s**t. Saints would be better off dropping him.

Saints are pretty trash
Can’t see them going anywhere for another 5-10 years

Remove this Banner Ad

Back