Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

sigh

Another Geelong coach killing performance coming up?

Why oh why must it always be us?!
Being us is a burden. So much responsibility.

'Very little damage on the scan' for Rozee according to Ken Hinkley. I was initially of the opinion that if the scans are clear and he's trained well then play on. Damage on the scan for mine is when the Coach needs to step in and protect the player from themselves.

He's a fast twitch athlete who needs that burst of pace to be at his best. Not sure about that decision from Ken & Port.

Good to see Hinkley own the mistake in playing Rozee, but when you're the captain surely you also have to take some responsibilty when putting your hand up to play

It's interesting to listen to Hinkley say that Rozee did everything during the week to suggest he was right such as top speed running & kicking 60m. But have to ask if they only tested Rozee when he fresh with not wanting to put too much stress on the hamstring or if they also put him through his paces when he maybe was a bit more fatigued to see how it was going

It's all good to see he could reach top speed & kick 60m at the start of the training session, because we know fatigue has an impact in matches so surely that's something they should have factored into their decision

Good to see Hinkley own the mistake in playing Rozee, but when you're the captain surely you also have to take some responsibilty when putting your hand up to play

It's interesting to listen to Hinkley say that Rozee did everything during the week to suggest he was right such as top speed running & kicking 60m. But have to ask if they only tested Rozee when he fresh with not wanting to put too much stress on the hamstring or if they also put him through his paces when he maybe was a bit more fatigued to see how it was going

It's all good to see he could reach top speed & kick 60m at the start of the training session, because we know fatigue has an impact in matches so surely that's something they should have factored into their decision

Yep. I'm sure Dangerfield would love to push on and play in some situations, or return "early" (when probably medically cleared to do so) but he understands it is his responsibility to err on the side of caution rather than "brave" recklessness. It's a shared responsibility between players, medical staff (primarily) and coach/MC.

Port board is rather funny some are hoping we do a "186" on them next week

Can understand it tbf and I do feel a bit for them. I like Ken but he has had long enough and just hasn't quite been able to get them good enough. Koche needs to be pissed off also. Club is about to stagnate then fall hard without change and could be in for some pain regardless after recent debatable list management decisions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back