Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

By shortened rounds you mean 8 games instead of 9?

I don’t see how it makes a difference

Definitely doesn’t help to even out the fixture but doesn’t make it much worse

I think if we were still struggling to sell tickets we’d love the idea

IMO the biggest room for improvement they could make is use round 0 to really highlight community football in the northern states, the important work the academies do. Could add an all stars academy game of NSW v Queensland for junior players too.

Basically, spotlight the northern states and make it a big deal, don't just do it because rugby league didn't have many games scheduled.

This game today is the epitome of modern footy. Both teams are EXTREMELY reluctant to kick long to a contest unless it's going inside 20-25. We're seeing so much more corridor use from both teams. Both teams have kicked inaccurately and yet we've still had an above average 89 points for the half. Good to see. These are promising developments for the code from a strategic sense and pleasingly it's being driven by the top sides.

But how many did he take in he forward 50? Not having a go just wondering. My impression is he seems to led up well to the wing and really attacks the ball. It’s when he is close to goal that he seems to try the Mickey Mouse pushed in the back move.

Not many. The point I’m trying to make though is there aren’t many magical forwards who pluck contested marks for fun and never miss a set shot, etc.

Of course it would be great if he took 5 contested marks inside 50 but I think context is lost when criticising players like Joe. He’s just played the best season we’ve had from a key forward in a very long time

If we were in Ports position today we would have folded before half time when the Tigers had momentum. I wish our boys had that kind of mental strength and resilience on the road in those situations.

If we were in Ports position today we would have folded before half time when the Tigers had momentum. I wish our boys had that kind of mental strength and resilience on the road in those situations.

Yeah I can’t think of a single example from a high pressure game away from home where a team kicked out to a big lead and we ran it down away from home.

That loss against Melbourne in the semi final was heartbreaking and watching Carlton rinse us in the prelim last year broke me.

Port are just built differently and have never been flogged in pressure situations. They handled the Gabba last year with grace.

Yeah I can’t think of a single example from a high pressure game away from home where a team kicked out to a big lead and we ran it down away from home.

That loss against Melbourne in the semi final was heartbreaking and watching Carlton rinse us in the prelim last year broke me.

Port are just built differently and have never been flogged in pressure situations. They handled the Gabba last year with grace.

The most accurate representation of this board I've seen. History is being rewritten one post at a time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The most accurate representation of this board I've seen. History is being rewritten one post at a time.

I’m also mentally broken from a grand final loss by less than a goal to Collingwood followed by a 0-2 start and an ACL to kiddy but let’s not start pretending Port Adelaide are the kings of not choking in pressure situations.

Give it two more weeks of bad results and people will be saying Leppa was a better coach than Fagan.

I’m also mentally broken from a grand final loss by less than a goal to Collingwood followed by a 0-2 start and an ACL to kiddy but let’s not start pretending Port Adelaide are the kings of not choking in pressure situations.

Give it two more weeks of bad results and people will be saying Leppa was a better coach than Fagan.
2014-2016 Brisbane would clearly beat 2019-2024 Brisbane

More goal review drama this time costing the tigers?
Ridiculous that despite the goal umpire not calling for his 20th review today when all were clear goals that the Tigers player that touches the ball and the goal ump doesn’t call a review and the video referee okays it 🙄

Perfect summary of where my brain is at, I’m ironically #Fagesout of course but some serious silliness happening.

No need to engage in hyperbole to accurately point out how disappointing the first two games were.

Last edited:
Seriously bad take. :drunk:

I was clearly talking long term and as you said most are injured. I wasn’t saying West Coast would perform better than Hawthorn this weekend. Although both have been pathetic

Still maintain West Coast have more pieces of a premiership puzzle than the hawks

But nah one weekends performance and Gaff playing 2s is the perfect representation of a list

Remove this Banner Ad

Back