NON-Pies 2015 NAB Challenge Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

How long is too long when it comes to referring to a player as an "ex-(insert club here)?"

Example, commentators who still refer to Cameron Wood as the ex-magpie. "Wood, the ex-magpie takes a strong grab." "Tutt, the ex-bulldog does well."

It almost sounds amateurish. Like can they really not just call Cameron Wood by his name now?

Maybe its just that the Pies weren't involved, but I thought that was a really crap game of football to watch. I thought the standard of last nights game was much better

Well the Blues skills where Shocking

Maybe its just that the Pies weren't involved, but I thought that was a really crap game of football to watch. I thought the standard of last nights game was much better

It was. Our game had more even teams (with ours very slightly closer to 100%), whereas it was basically firsts v seconds with Carlton and wce. The youth of neither side really stood out though...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't wish an ACL injury upon anyone but if E Mac has gone down then that makes Clokeys life a lot easier. Mckenzie is close to the best Full Back in the league.
yeah exactly, and the eagles are one of thoise teams that will be around the mark with us challneging for the finals, would be like us losing cloke.
They are very low on good backmen with glass retiring.

I hope we're a bit tighter on Brisbane than St.Kilda have been lol. Their forwards are playing deep, and their half forwards are playing high, Brisbane are just going long into the space and letting guys like Green and Zorko do what they like.

Is it just me or was that fairly average footy considering both sides had reasonably strong teams named?
Saints vs Lions? or Richmond vs Dogs?
Lions fielded a very strong team vs a team of young saints and barley got it done! I'm confident about round 1!

Brisbane struggled against the Saints with an almost full strength team, they have nothing on either end of the ground yet people think they're a chance for finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back