2nds North Adelaide vs Port Adelaide - Round 18 @ Prospect

Remove this Banner Ad

Saturday 26th of August: Maggies at 2:10pm, Academy at 11:30am.

On radio here: http://sanfl.com.au/radio/

Or watch online here for $15: https://premier.sportsubs.com.au/sa...?productcategoryid=2&productsubcategoryid=599

Maggies Changes:
IN: Broadbent, T.Gray, Sharrad, R.Young
OUT: White (AFL Emergency), Monfries (Managed), Summerton (Illness), Lobbe (?)

Maggies Side:
F: Palmer - Eddy - Krakouer
HF: Ah Chee - Ladhams - Impey
C: Drew - Atley - Irra
HB: Broadbent - Austin - Toumpas
B: Lienert - Hombsch - Hewett
R: Trengove - Sharrad - A.Young
INT: Snelling - T.Gray - R.Young
EMERG: Rudloff - Proude

Academy Changes:
IN: Chen, Bell, Cooper, Drummond, Wanganeen
OUT: T.Gray, Sharrad, R.Young (All SANFL), Reynolds (Knee), Morgan (Omitted)

Academy Side:
F: Miller - Harris - Wanganeen
HF: Bell - Zavrl - Roads
C: Baron - Cooper - Hawkins
HB: Mahney - Davidson - Hampton
B: Ginever - Corcoran - Rudloff
R: Ross - Biemans - Proude
INT FROM: Drummond - Coxon - Chen

Will be a very quiet thread this week due to poor scheduling by the SANFL putting the game on the same day as the AFL game vs Gold Coast.

The Maggies are currently 2nd on the ladder and a win or loss doesn't matter this week. We'll be playing Sturt in the first week of finals at Adelaide Oval. Brett Eddy has a 3 goal lead in the Ken Farmer after kicking 5 last week.
Untitled.jpg

The Academy side have top spot + finals locked up and are 3 games clear after their 140 point win over Norwoods reserves. We'll have a bye in the first week of finals. Tyler Harris leads the reserves goal kicking by 3 after kicking 3 goals last week. Robbie Young moves up to 4th spot after kicking 5 goals.
Untitled1.jpg

Prediction: Port Adelaide by 60 points.

Last edited:
Dam the one weekend I'm in Adelaide and the game is the same day as the Power play:mad:

I suspect we can't blame the sanfools this time as this weeks AFL games were only scheduled recently.
I believe the fools did just schedule this weekends games. They thought about playing them all on Sunday but that would interfere with the die, or should that be blow, hards watching their beloved boys on tv.

Dam the one weekend I'm in Adelaide and the game is the same day as the Power play:mad:

I suspect we can't blame the sanfools this time as this weeks AFL games were only scheduled recently.
I will be staying with my Sister & B in L .. Catch the train at Noarlunga Centre to Adelaide then bus to North Adelaide game.
Bus back to Adelaide to watch the Power thrash the Suns, then train back to Noarlunga Centre.
Good day out .. :D

I will be staying with my Sister & B in L .. Catch the train at Noarlunga Centre to Adelaide then bus to North Adelaide game.
Bus back to Adelaide to watch the Power thrash the Suns, then train back to Noarlunga Centre.
Good effort I might see you on the train home then.;)
Staying with parents down south. I've got a family thing on in the morning then I'm getting dropped off in the city. So will be train home to Noarlunga. I'll be taking my 6 year old daughter for the first time without her mum so toilets etc. will be fun.

Frampton out for the season with a shoulder injury, He's on the long term injury list so does that open up a spot in the Power for Lienert?

Broadbent, Pittard, Houston and Sam Gray all will be assessed. If fit Broadbent and Pittard will probs play SANFL, Houston and Sam Gray AFL.

Jonas is suspended so someone will get called up. Also there will be an AFL emergency (Maybe Krakouer?) held back this week.

Also in some Academy news Luke Reynolds may have done his knee so if he's listed as an out when teams come out we'll know that he's probably done for the year.
I like the idea of resting a few players this week. Wingard, Pittard & Houston, plus Frampton and Jonas out, for 2 reasons. 1, we are getting the Power side cherry ripe for a September tilt and 2, we'll be giving a few of the Maggies listed players a game in advance of the finals.

I think the 4 Magpies listed players most likely to get included in the finals at the moment are Summerton, Sharrad, T Gray and R Young. With Rudloff next in line.

Yep don't get the angst about the scheduling. Great day of footy and for the 1st time since I can't remember i'll be at Prospect early
to see and thank our Academy team on an outstanding season. Obviously then watch our Magpies before heading into town.
RossFC you don't list Lienert in the Magpies do you know something. Btw any news on Luke Reynolds who could barely walk last week?

On behalf of all posters who follow our Magpies closely i'd like to thank you RossFC on your weekly work OP'ing our threads.
It doesn't go un-noticed and i'm sure is read and appreciated by many.
BIG :thumbsu:

Saturday 26th of August: Maggies at 2:10pm, Academy at 11:30am.

On radio here: http://sanfl.com.au/radio/

Or watch online here for $15: https://premier.sportsubs.com.au/sa...?productcategoryid=2&productsubcategoryid=599

Teams should be out tomorrow night.

Predicted Maggies Side:
F: Ladhams - Eddy - Monfries
HF: Palmer - Trengove - Impey
C: Drew - Atley - Summerton (C)
HB: Pittard - Austin - Toumpas
B: Broadbent - Hombsch - Irra
R: Lobbe - Ah Chee - A.Young
INT: Snelling - Hewett - White
EMERG: T.Gray - Sharrad

Predicted Academy Side:
F: Miller - Reynolds - R.Young
HF: Harris - Zavrl - Roads
C: Baron - Sharrad - T.Gray
HB: Hawkins - Davidson - Hampton
INT FROM: Mahney - Morgan - Coxon

Will be a very quiet thread this week due to poor scheduling by the SANFL putting the game on the same day as the AFL game vs Gold Coast.

Frampton out for the season with a shoulder injury, He's on the long term injury list so does that open up a spot in the Power for Lienert?

Broadbent, Pittard, Houston and Sam Gray all will be assessed. If fit Broadbent and Pittard will probs play SANFL, Houston and Sam Gray AFL.

Jonas is suspended so someone will get called up. Also there will be an AFL emergency (Maybe Krakouer?) held back this week.

Also in some Academy news Luke Reynolds may have done his knee so if he's listed as an out when teams come out we'll know that he's probably done for the year.

The Maggies are currently 2nd on the ladder and a win or loss doesn't matter this week. We'll be playing Sturt in the first week of finals at Adelaide Oval. Brett Eddy has a 3 goal lead in the Ken Farmer after kicking 5 last week.
View attachment 406894

The Academy side have top spot + finals locked up and are 3 games clear after their 140 point win over Norwoods reserves. We'll have a bye in the first week of finals. Tyler Harris leads the reserves goal kicking by 3 after kicking 3 goals last week. Robbie Young moves up to 4th spot after kicking 5 goals.
View attachment 406897

Prediction: Port Adelaide by 60 points.

will we see Toumpas in teal next year?

how is he developing?

will we see Toumpas in teal next year?

how is he developing?
Delisting for mine. We've got him filling in at the back flank/back pocket instead of playing on the wing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We were talking delistings on the outer at the South game.

Toumpas is 100℅ gone.

I had Neade and Krak on there but I think Neade will survive.
Neade still has another year left on his deal.

That's what will save Lobbe too.

Who would you have on your list of delisting then?

Monfries, White, Toumpas, Snelling, Hewett. Krakouer might be unlucky too.

Lobbe, Ah Chee, Neade and Aaron Young might be on the trade table, Trengove might leave as a free agent.

Monfries, White, Toumpas, Snelling, Hewett. Krakouer might be unlucky too.

Lobbe, Ah Chee, Neade and Aaron Young might be on the trade table, Trengove might leave as a free agent.

I think Snelling will survive, so is swap him and Krak over (for me that is) I think Monfries white and Hewitt are gone (though I got bagged for saying Hewitt will be gone)

If Ross's team above is correct that's 6 blokes over 100 games and 3 over 50.

That sides salary cap payments might be equal to the whole 8 SANFL sides added together. :):D

I think Pittard will play in the A grade and Bonner drop down to his slot on the HBF.

If Ross's team above is correct that's 6 blokes over 100 games and 3 over 50.

That sides salary cap payments might be equal to the whole 8 SANFL sides added together. :):D

I think Pittard will play in the A grade and Bonner drop down to his slot on the HBF.
Trengove and Lobbe alone take up Norwood, Sturt, the Eagles and Glenelgs caps.

Maggies Changes:
IN: Broadbent, T.Gray, Sharrad, R.Young, T.Gray
OUT: White (AFL Emergency), Monfries (Managed), Summerton (Illness), Lobbe (?)

Maggies Side:
F: Palmer - Eddy - Krakouer
HF: Ah Chee - Ladhams - Impey
C: Drew - Atley - Irra
HB: Broadbent - Austin - Toumpas
B: Lienert - Hombsch - Hewett
R: Trengove - Sharrad - A.Young
INT: Snelling - T.Gray - R.Young
EMERG: Rudloff - Proude

Academy Changes:
IN: Chen, Bell, Cooper, Drummond, Wanganeen
OUT: T.Gray, Sharrad, R.Young (All SANFL), Reynolds (Knee), Morgan (Omitted)

Academy Side:
F: Miller - Harris - Wanganeen
HF: Bell - Zavrl - Roads
C: Baron - Cooper - Hawkins
HB: Mahney - Davidson - Hampton
INT FROM: Drummond - Coxon - Chen

Last edited:
White qualifies for finals if he plays this week.
So now White won't play finals then? That's doubly stupid, one because he would be handy for the SANFL side in finals and two because he shouldn't be even near the AFL side.

So now White won't play finals then? That's doubly stupid, one because he would be handy for the SANFL side in finals and two because he shouldn't be even near the AFL side.

Yeah it makes no sense to not play White just so he can qualify - someone with twitter should tweet the club and get an explanation. I reckon they might not have crunched the numbers...
RossFC

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back