AFLW North Melbourne Football Club AFLW - Season 2023 [GF: North vs Brisbane @ Ikon Park, Sunday 3 December @ 2:30pm - NM 27 - 44 BL]

Remove this Banner Ad

How AFLW clubs can add to their lists this month

Anybody got any names we could look at as potential list fillers?

And is it possible that we may look at bringing back a player like Granville or McCarthy, especially if Wall decides not to return?
So 1 week left to fill the final list spot and still no word

McCarthy is the type of player we should be targeting more KPF depth and someone to replace Shierlaw next year

Your club's best 21: Who's in, who's out, who's new

Your club's best 21: Who's in, who's out, who's new​

Gemma Bastiani has compiled her predicted starting 21 for each team ahead of the 2024 season
By Gemma Bastiani

north-melbourne.jpg

B: Jas Ferguson, Sarah Wright
HB: Emma Kearney, Libby Birch, Erika O'Shea
C: Taylah Gatt, Mia King, Lulu Pullar
HF: Jenna Bruton, Kate Shierlaw, Alice O'Loughlin
F: Emma King, Tahlia Randall
FOLL: Kim Rennie, Jas Garner, Ash Riddell
I/C: Isabella Eddey, Nicole Bresnehan, Amy Smith, Vikki Wall, Niamh Martin
Depth: Lucy Burke, Tess Craven, Elizabeth McGrath, Zoe Savarirayan, Eliza Shannon, Ella Slocombe, Georgia Stubs, Ruby Tripodi
Note: North Melbourne has one list spot left to fill

The assumption that Vikki Wall will return to AFLW this year will see her slot back into North Melbourne's attack, while the recruitment of dual premiership player Libby Birch unfortunately squeezes Eliza Shannon out of the backline. Tess Craven will be unlucky to miss out, despite a strong finals series, given the impact of Taylah Gatt and Lulu Pullar, while both Bella Eddey and Jenna Bruton can also reliably play the role. Ruby Tripodi and Zoe Savarirayan offer forward depth, while draftee Ella Slocombe is likely to need a strong forward presence if she is to break into the side, given the strength of the Kangaroos' midfield.
IzFikP3p.jpg

Vikki Wall celebrates a goal during North Melbourne's clash against Collingwood in round nine, S7, 2022. Picture: AFL Photos
Is it still an assumption Vicki will be back or is it definate?

Is it still an assumption Vicki will be back or is it definate?
She says she is returning next season, but I don't think it's confirmed at this stage and may not be until after the Olympics.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m very happy with this selection…..welcome to Arden street Bláithín Bogue… nice Irish connection the club is building…can’t wait to see her zooming on the felid like the others…💚🤍💙
Like that booming kick and attack from the video….
Side note good luck to the commentary teams…. 😂👏
Bla-heen Bogue 😍

I’m very happy with this selection…..welcome to Arden street Bláithín Bogue… nice Irish connection the club is building…can’t wait to see her zooming on the felid like the others…💚🤍💙
Kellie Underwood is just going to confuse her with someone else anyway so problem solved.

Kellie Underwood is just going to confuse her with someone else anyway so problem solved.
Alistair Nicholson pronounced Niamh Martin "Ni-Arm" in one of the finals matches last season, I think he more than anyone will struggle with the Irish names.

I’m guessing we’ll hear a bit of name butchering with some Neem (Niamh) and Blaffin/Blayfinn’s (Bláithín). One of the commentators kept saying Neem Martin 😳
Mrs Kraks:
"So, what will the Australian commentators call her? Blath-ann?"
Kraks:
"Brian Taylor could literally call her anything"

Looks like she can kick with both feet as well, which is a bit of rare talent in the AFLW, if she can do that with an AFL ball she could be very dangerous up front.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back