AFLW North Melbourne Football Club AFLW - Season 2023 [GF: North vs Brisbane @ Ikon Park, Sunday 3 December @ 2:30pm - NM 27 - 44 BL]

Remove this Banner Ad

if i look at our list balance we are lacking a developing key forward (which McCarthy was for us) that will replace shierlaw in 12 months and/or be able to step in if she gets injured

if there's an athletic kpf irish type we could take a punt on that would be ideal to fill the final list spot, getting Wall back as the medium forward will help also going forward

Last edited:
Skills don't look too bad.

Is the football they are using in junior women's footy bigger than the AFLW ball?

Senior WAFL womens is size 4 footys (including AFLW)

Juniors it depends on the age group as it progresses up in size until they start using the size 4

State footy is a size 4.

Turns out even real men like Slammin' Sammy Wright from Katamatite can fall victim to the woke mind virus and find themselves swept in the socio-political construct that is women's footy that was foisted on the club by a small clique of unrepresentative inner city elites.

Turns out even real men like Slammin' Sammy Wright from Katamatite can fall victim to the woke mind virus and find themselves swept in the socio-political construct that is women's footy that was foisted on the club by a small clique of unrepresentative inner city elites.
Don’t forget our former hard man skipper Jack was an assistant as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wright.jpeg

Black doesn't really suit him.

Wonder how interested the Pies players will be in Slamming Sam’s interception on the wing story?
I tried it on my wife today - could see her eyes glaze over very early on in the retelling.

Your club's most underrated player

north-melbourne.jpg

Tess Craven​

Craven might not have played a starring role, but she was an important piece of the Kangaroos' puzzle that bore their first Grand Final appearance. Thanks to her expert positioning and disciplined role, Craven was often the one challenging opposition kicks out of defence, regularly against taller and stronger opposition players. Her average of 7.8 disposals, 2.3 intercepts and 1.6 score involvements might not be numbers that jump off the page, but Craven was exactly what the Roos needed throughout the season.
RMzYrXvp.jpg

Tess Craven in action during the 2023 Grand Final between North Melbourne and Brisbane at Ikon Park. Picture: AFL Photos

Tess was not the first player that came to mind when thinking of undervalued players, but I did think she had a very good finals series.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back