AFLW North Melbourne Football Club AFLW - Season 2023 [GF: North vs Brisbane @ Ikon Park, Sunday 3 December @ 2:30pm - NM 27 - 44 BL]

Remove this Banner Ad

Ella Slocombe
Pronunciation: Slow-kem
State: Western Australia
State League Club: Claremont
Community Club: Claremont
Date of Birth: 06/12/05
Height: 165cm
Nominated Draft State: National (all states)

Small midfielder whose bursts from the middle of the ground were eye-catching for Western Australia during the National Championships. Was among her state’s best players against South Australia and Victoria Country, averaging 15 disposals across her three games. A premiership player with Claremont in her 17th year last season, she played a further six matches this season and averaged 14 disposals. Both her power and endurance were impressive during testing at the Draft Combine. Her running vertical jump of 68cm placed her in the top-10 performers nationally and her 7:52 seconds for the 2km time trial was the quickest of players who tested in Western Australia.

Passed on our last pick.
would love to see us pick up granville again with the last list spot over the preseason, would also love to know if we were blindsided by considine retiring and giving us an extra pick

im not sure when the vflw season starts but can only imagine the thinking is to wait for that and see who impresses across that league early to fill the last spot

but if it starts later then the deadline to fill it (not sure when the deadline is) im not sure what our plan is or if we have one

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What was your prior username?

Or have you only just started posting haven’t noticed you til recent

Wright on Davidson cost us 2 goals thankfully birch in will allow us to never have a mismatch like that again
No, I won't be sharing that with you. In fact, I'm done interacting with you. Life is too short.

Hmm ok so likely before round 1 vflw season starts

Not much will change between now and then

Would have just picked now
We're averaging 1 rookie signing a year.

I think even the magic 8 ball might have an inkling about what we're looking to do with our last list spot.

We're averaging 1 rookie signing a year.

I think even the magic 8 ball might have an inkling about what we're looking to do with our last list spot.
Enlighten me who is this rookie you think we will take? I’m assuming you are referring to another new Irish player (do you have any names to look out for?)

On top of bringing back wall

Enlighten me who is this rookie you think we will take? I’m assuming you are referring to another new Irish player (do you have any names to look out for?)

On top of bringing back wall
I can't imagine what the next coup will be.

Back in March 2022, I said in a Richmond thread that the reigning LGFA Player of the Year was about to sign for an AFLW team. Given the Tigers were yet to jump aboard the Irish train, I figured they must've been the front runners. "I believe every club that misses out [on Vikki Wall] will end up kicking themselves" is what I said.

2-3 months later, it would be revealed every other club was a mile behind us in pursuit of her signature!

Claire ransom would be a top 10 pick but we get to take her with whatever pick we want
There’s apparently a chance according to Sarah black the best tassie player Claire Ransom nominates gc due to Cam Joyce being her allies coach lol

We need to be getting these tassie players to only nom us
Update: Managed 2 games for GC before being delisted.

I can't imagine what the next coup will be.

Back in March 2022, I said in a Richmond thread that the reigning LGFA Player of the Year was about to sign for an AFLW team. Given the Tigers were yet to jump aboard the Irish train, I figured they must've been the front runners. "I believe every club that misses out [on Vikki Wall] will end up kicking themselves" is what I said.

2-3 months later, it would be revealed every other club was a mile behind us in pursuit of her signature!

Update: Managed 2 games for GC before being delisted.
so no names you are across that we should keep an eye for this time

and lol at you going out of your way to bump that
she's back on a list so lets see how she goes, she was on the inactive list this season

so no names you are across that we should keep an eye for this time

and lol at you going out of your way to bump that
she's back on a list so lets see how she goes, she was on the inactive list this season
Righto well I'll just come out with it. I believe--and this isn't a joke--we are seriously considering signing Gemma Wright (twin sister of Sarah) with the last list spot.

Carlton 2019 VFLW B&F winner. Hasn't played since going on Geelong's inactive list in 2020, and therefore eligible as a rookie now. Let's get her on our list and see how she goes.

Irish rookies was the topic

Which is what Wall was
"We're averaging 1 rookie signing a year." Not 1 Irish rookie.
"The SSP and rookie signing period go from Feb 5 to March 1." Not Irish rookie signing period.

I brought up Wall as an example of a past rookie signing coup, who just happened to be Irish. And now I've given you a heads up about our potential next rookie signing coup, who just happens to be related to a current player.

Both players returning to footy next year for North Melbourne would be huge, but still a few boxes to tick off first as I understand it.

Righto well I'll just come out with it. I believe--and this isn't a joke--we are seriously considering signing Gemma Wright (twin sister of Sarah) with the last list spot.

Carlton 2019 VFLW B&F winner. Hasn't played since going on Geelong's inactive list in 2020, and therefore eligible as a rookie now. Let's get her on our list and see how she goes.
Oh god that's delightful.

don draper faint GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back