North Melbourne V Western Bulldogs 1:10 p.m. Ethiad Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Footy has changed for the worst, though l don't like players being knocked out, it was more an accident more than anything.

It may 'save' the AFL in 20 years though when they can prove in lawsuits they took ample precaution in attempting to prevent concussions. I don't like it, can see the reasons for it, don't like Wells off to the MRP (he will at least be looked at, and most likely cited), but can see it being likely. Agree with you though.

It may 'save' the AFL in 20 years though when they can prove in lawsuits they took ample precaution in attempting to prevent concussions. I don't like it, can see the reasons for it, don't like Wells off to the MRP (he will at least be looked at, and most likely cited), but can see it being likely. Agree with you though.
True and l think long-term it will encourage more mothers and parents to enrol their kids in AFL in QLD and NSW and hopefully grow the game.

Footy has changed for the worst, though l don't like players being knocked out, it was more an accident more than anything.

Yes I agree, and im sure most people do, but he could have tackled and he will go because they have made accidents suspend able and purposeful dog acts not..... So yep it's changed and it sucks

Wells will go.

Punch to Higgins gut - intentional (off the ball), low impact, body contact.
Bump - Reckless, medium impact, head.

They're just what I would say, but there's no way he's not going.
I think he's a chance to get off - the love tap may well be ruled "not forceful enough" while the bump may be downgraded to unintentional.

What's his record like? Good record, early plea etc for one incident - just cop a few carryover points and play next week.

I think he's a chance to get off - the love tap may well be ruled "not forceful enough" while the bump may be downgraded to unintentional.

What's his record like? Good record, early plea etc for one incident - just cop a few carryover points and play next week.
Good record i'm pretty sure. Don't remember him ever having any problems with this sort of stuff.

Who knows with the MRP though. Could be anything.

Good record i'm pretty sure. Don't remember him ever having any problems with this sort of stuff.

Who knows with the MRP though. Could be anything.
The bolded part is probably the most important facet of the entire discussion.

I don't know why you and other Brisbane supporters are so vindictive, especially towards us. When anything good is written about the Bulldogs "Oh but why are people saying they are ahead of us? we beat them" or anything about the rising star "Taylor should win it because other players are all hype" and now apparently we get too much attention when we win.

Just sit up there in your tropical bubble and stop complaining.

Lions are moving past the Bullflogs at a rapid rate.

Lions are moving past the Bullflogs at a rapid rate.

You shouldn't even be behind us given the stages of development of the respective lists. We're both teams back on the way up. Thing is Brisbane have been down for a while

Too good today, Dogs barely fired a shot.

Bit concerning they are still such a poor side after all these years.

Not really, go back over our list in 2011. We went for trades for Huddo, Hall, Welsh etc and left a gap when they retired trying to get a flag. There was some average drafting too. Furthermore the expansion sides got access to a bulk of the best kids.

We were never going to shoot back up straight away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair comment.

Bulldogs will be fine, ball use will get much better over the years, once the current young crop play another 50 games they'll be a solid unit.

Too good today, Dogs barely fired a shot.

Bit concerning they are still such a poor side after all these years.
Ahhh, 'all these years'. We were in a prelim four seasons ago ffs.

That's wright is around somewhere talking Thomas again.
Would be great if you could go to watch the kangaroos one day mate.
The less Thomas has to do with the play the better the team performs.

If you ever saw a game live you would see him playing dead, faking a limp, diving, giving away dumb free kicks, hands on hips, head down.

The worst part is when the coaches play him deep forward and the team collapses after 2-3 dumb marking attempts, dropped marks or butchering opportunity after opportunity.

Granted he wasn't his usual selfish liability self today but was rubbish nonetheless.

Was disturbing seeing him start a fight then run off the ground immediately. Was awkward when he died on the ground then was back on in 5 minutes.

The worst part (when he's not playing deep forward and stifling the talls and midfield) is when he's at high half forward and runs as fast as he can backwards into the leading space (hotspot) of the talls running towards the ball.

When they play him as a small full forward ( what Cunnington dominated at in the last quarter) the side fails.

When he's in defense, he's a complete liability. When he's at high half forward he gets in the way.

He's a curse, the side needs Nahas and his pressure much more than the most overrated actor possibly in AFL history.

Has always been completely rubbish the last month of every season he's played!

Particularly finals. Is the diving, acting, playing dead, turning the umpires against the side worth it?

The answers no.

Would be great if you could go to watch the kangaroos one day mate.
The less Thomas has to do with the play the better the team performs.

If you ever saw a game live you would see him playing dead, faking a limp, diving, giving away dumb free kicks, hands on hips, head down.

The worst part is when the coaches play him deep forward and the team collapses after 2-3 dumb marking attempts, dropped marks or butchering opportunity after opportunity.

Granted he wasn't his usual selfish liability self today but was rubbish nonetheless.

Was disturbing seeing him start a fight then run off the ground immediately. Was awkward when he died on the ground then was back on in 5 minutes.

The worst part (when he's not playing deep forward and stifling the talls and midfield) is when he's at high half forward and runs as fast as he can backwards into the leading space (hotspot) of the talls running towards the ball.

When they play him as a small full forward ( what Cunnington dominated at in the last quarter) the side fails.

When he's in defense, he's a complete liability. When he's at high half forward he gets in the way.

He's a curse, the side needs Nahas and his pressure much more than the most overrated actor possibly in AFL history.

Has always been completely rubbish the last month of every season he's played!

Particularly finals. Is the diving, acting, playing dead, turning the umpires against the side worth it?

The answers no.

Best running joke on BigFooty, please keep it up.

Best running joke on BigFooty, please keep it up.
Have seen your posts. Suppose the board needs someone that fluffs the establishment.

Is when you get the other bandits that are liability player invested the issues arise.

We are stuck with the establishment for now but there's no reason they need to set up to fail each week.

I'm predicting you'll dive out in the first week.

Wheel has to turn at some stage. I'm confident that we'll win the first final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back