Game Day North Melbourne vs Adelaide - NAB Cup 1 (STREAMS CAN COME TRUE!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Positives: North! New recruits played well. Wells...I'm gobsmacked. Really impressed with Maj.

Negatives: Warren, McMahon, Tarrant (early days but pulling out of a contest...come on) and IUB (poor poor form. Didn't think you were a troll. I know now).
I had suspicions about iub.

For the first time in my existence on BF, as an adult and even including my teenage years- suffering a loss has not lowered my mood one bit.
We made a prelim last year. September is what matters.
Wins and form this time of year mean nothing.

Waite hit the post twice, kicked 3 and was robbed of 1 early on.
Higgins was damaging should also have had 6.
Wells was on fire in the 1st half classy as usual.
Boomer looks even leaner.
Majak looked like he belonged believe it or not. Did some nice things.

The only negatives is Max Warren failed to impress. As did Bastinac. Lets have a big month and catch up to the rest of the comp (Y)

Positives: North! New recruits played well. Wells...I'm gobsmacked. Really impressed with Maj.

Negatives: Warren, McMahon, Tarrant (early days but pulling out of a contest...come on) and IUB (poor poor form. Didn't think you were a troll. I know now).
Unfair post and I've moved on. Not allowed to be upset over sloppy footy obviously. :rolleyes:

Unfair post and I've moved on. Not allowed to be upset over sloppy footy obviously. :rolleyes:
There's upset and then there's threatening membership and other over the top comments. A meltdown of nuclear proportions. It was shades of Jozeph no question.

There's upset and then there's threatening membership and other over the top comments. A meltdown of nuclear proportions. It was shades of Jozeph no question.
Why bloody pick me out? I wasn't the only one pissed off earlier today and posting displeasure. Jesus christ.

Why bloody pick me out? I wasn't the only one pissed off earlier today and posting displeasure. Jesus christ.
Because you were doing it to get a rise out of posters. It was clear as day.

Anyway time to stop holding up the thread.

Premiers gents...i can feel it!

3fQpNxD.gif

My favourite part of the game was when we had Turner, Thomas and Boomer at the center bounce. Clearly Brad was trying to intimidate the opposition with some big bodies.

Very happy with the performance of the team today overall. Not surprising that a number of the teams that pushed deep into the finals last year are starting a bit slower (e.g. Hawthorn, North, Geelong) but we came back strongly and again showed that we're a team with great fitness and stamina. As Brad said it was our first competitive match this pre-season and you could see with Waite and Higgins that yeah, they'd had an extra month to fine tune their games. A lot of cobwebs today but obviously to be expected.

Re: Waite and Higgins. Wow!! On first indications our recruiting department have done it again, after the coup of picking up Dal Santo the year before. Both of them were brilliant. They don't have to be that great every week but it means that Waite will take the best defender more weeks than not, and Higgins will also demand one of the oppositions better players to man him up. He has silk and can hit the scoreboard. Yes we'll miss Greenwood's inside but Higgins is going to give us something we didn't have.

Other players that really impressed me today I touched on at half time. Majak (powerful performance) was one of his best games and adds to our depth. Wells was BOG until we subbed him out. Boomer keeps on keeping on. Turner was a brute and shows he also has class. That possession a number of people have already referred to where he scooped the ball up and spun around in one motion to handball 10 metres to a running Higgins, who did not have to break stride and run into an open goal was crazy stuff (I'm also jumping on the Rising Star bandwagon and I don't even gamble). I thought Currie did some good things early on. I though Jacobs was fantastic and has definitely taken a step forward. Ziebell and Cunnington moving onwards and upwards and show that we are definitely a team that collectively knows it needs to get better across every line.

Yes there were some negatives and a lot of people have already spoken widely about these. Obviously our back line is a worry but as Scotty said, arguably our entire best starting back 6 weren't available today, although I'm thinking that Tippett, Atley, McDonald and McMillan will be integral as the year goes on. The last three will rotate in the midfield at various times I'm thinking but overall our Defensive half is still our biggest challenge selection wise before Round 1. The other serious issue is how we stop Eddie Betts, however I'm thinking that one poster's theory that Brad was doing a bit of Rope-A-Dope today was on the money when you consider we were playing Max Warren on him for a fair chunk of the game.

As I said though, overall, a fantastic result and it looks like we came out unscathed with no injuries. Bring on the next round!!!! Gracias ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You went a wee bit OTT mate with the membership threats and all. It's fine to be invested but those kind of calls in the first praccy match of the year will draw the ire of others around here. Save 'em till we are 6 goals down at half time against the tiggers.

Last edited:
And even if you are legitimately devastated we're not winning the Port Lincoln Classic, it's important to pace oneself.

You have to keep some of your better threats in the cupboard for later. Don't just come straight out with the "I'm cancelling my membership", maybe drop some lesser stuff in there. "McKenzie couldn't kick over a jam tin", "I'm going outside to give the cat a rib tickler", etc.

You went a wee bit OTT mate with the membership threats and all. It's fine to be invested but those kind of calls in the first piracy match of the year will draw the ire of others around here. Save 'em till we are 6 goals down at half time against the tiggers.
Jmac and Ats are getting arouse with those comments BT......;) Great to see we have more depth but its early days, looking forward to Sammy Wright playing the next pirate match. :) I hate those autofill things.

Jmac and Ats are getting arouse with those comments BT......;) Great to see we have more depth but its early days, looking forward to Sammy Wright playing the next pirate match. :) I hate those autofill things.
Damn auto correct

3 Wells
2 Higgins
1 Daw

Rd 1

B Atley, Tippett, Firitto
HB McDonald, Thompson, Wright
C Dal Santo, Swallow, Higgins
R Goldstein, Wells, Cunnington
HF Harvey, Waite, Black
F Thomas, Petrie, Ziebell
IC Gibson, Turner, Daw, Macmillan
E Adams, Bastinac, Tarrant
Wood, Jacobs, Dumont, Brown

Last edited:
Doubt you will be seeing too much of Nahas
He was terrific last year b4 the injury.......good enough to be invited back. Im a big fan of LT but if he appears to start slowly the temperature will be screwed up a little. Whatever direction the club's sways in deciding the team its a great position to be in with many vying to play.

He was terrific last year b4 the injury.......good enough to be invited back.
Agree

Im a big fan of LT but if he appears to start slowly the temperature will be screwed up a little. Whatever direction the club's sways in deciding the team its a great position to be in with many vying to play.

Completely disagree, LT is a locked as they come. If Nahas wants a spot he's gonna have to take the sub role or win a fight (not a **** fight) with Turner

Did Tippett play today? If so, how did he go? Did Tarrant look lost down back? I believe Daw looked good. That is good to hear. What about Currie? Sorry for all the questions

He was terrific last year b4 the injury.......good enough to be invited back. Im a big fan of LT but if he appears to start slowly the temperature will be screwed up a little. Whatever direction the club's sways in deciding the team its a great position to be in with many vying to play.
Wouldn't worry about Lindsay. He usually comes good when the real stuff starts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back