Game Day North Melbourne vs Adelaide - NAB Cup 1 (STREAMS CAN COME TRUE!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree

Completely disagree, LT is a locked as they come. If Nahas wants a spot he's gonna have to take the sub role or win a fight (not a **** fight) with Turner
I think he's a lock but if he were to have a year from hell........The club would have no choice but to drop him or any under performing player now.......Ben I mean Brad ;) hasn't the room nor the patience to play his favourites, he has learnt from Brown and Turner last year to play form players. Surely we won't be having the yearly Brad has his favourites thread revisited this year !?!

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...py-despite-loss-to-crows-20150301-13s46u.html

Best:
North Melbourne: Higgins, Tarrant, Wells, Dal Santo, Daw.

Ashley Porter... what the?
Well that's just stupid. Stupid, clueless media and kind of insulting actually. First our B&F today is called Brad Cunnington. A number of other mistakes with our players that escape me for now but for one of our worst players on the park today (in a team who collectively had a large number of great performances), and whose most notable act was spilling an uncontested mark due to hearing footsteps, to be named as our second best player...? WTF? Clearly shows a journalist that either didn't watch the game, conducted zero research on the opposition, couldn't care less about the opposition, or most likely all three. Where do they extract these guys from.

INJURIES
North Melbourne: Nil

That and not being annihilated means it was a successful day. Go Roos!

That's all I wanted to know in the wash up.

I had the headphones on the North game while at the soccer, as mentioned prior, and as soon as I heard "Kerrrrrridge!" in the first quarter I broke into a cold sweat. Henceforth periodic updates were all I was after, before listening to most of the final quarter.

Whoopdeefriggindo re the result. No injuries and some of the new boys (and some old) having a decent hitout and impact is excellent news.

Looking forward to taking them on in the real stuff in a month.

Very happy with the game, I can see some improvements in the kids, the older guys look in good nic and no injuries. Good result against a good opposition

Oh and those bagging Bastinac should cool their heels. He's rusty and is a touch player. He'll get better. The good thing about Basti was that he was getting to the right spots. I'm expecting this year to be his best.

Not sure how this can be true..Tarrant looked like he had been shot in the leg and was seen hobbling around the boundary line.
He did go down but it was strange. Almost like it was just cramp because he was walking back to position and the trainer didn't wave to the bench. It was almost a "**** it I'm done today. Let's go home"

He did go down but it was strange. Almost like it was just cramp because he was walking back to position and the trainer didn't wave to the bench. It was almost a "**** it I'm done today. Let's go home"
It looked like a quick ankle tweak. Those things can sting, but you can recover pretty quickly. Having dodgy ankles I can attest to this.

On my way to a dinner with the in laws and need to kill time, so here are my general thoughts/feels:

- whilst short of a gallop, LMac looked significantly bigger.
- We're still going to have problems matching up the small/medium forwards by the looks of it. They got us last year (think Bennell etc) and judging by the latitude Betts was afforded yesterday, we still have a few question marks over that. Hopefully JMac can help out. One thing's for sure - Max Warren isn't the answer.
- Daw was enormous. Jeez he's seducing. Even saw him jump off one foot in the ruck a couple of times.
- Despite what I always hear Currie is a poor pure ruck man. Got his hand to it on most occasions but lacks the craft to get it to the on ballers.
- Nice to see the Wells model Rolls Royce take a test drive. Going to be a dog fight between him and Cunnners for the Syd.
- Higgins is going to be tres handy. One more classy mover to add on the half forward.
- Waite looked hungry, liked his game.
- commentators made their mistakes, but I thought they were ok, notwithstanding their Adelaide centric views (understandable). Rhett Biglands regularly praised plenty of our guys, sometimes when they didn't warrant it. Better than listening to BT/Dermott/Frawley/insert other.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Busy day yesterday so the big question is - is it worth catching up on the whole game replay, or should I just watch the last quarter for fun?
I missed the first quarter but I didn't think we were dreadful except for that run on they got in the 3rd. Found it all pretty watchable and Daniel Wells and Jarrad Waite were great in the second, I reckon just depends on how much time you want to spend.

Re small defenders/medium defenders, every week we should be going out with Wright, Jmac, Atley, Mcdonald and Spud. That should be more than enough.
Exactly. Wright shut down Breust, Atley does it on a regular basis and Thompson can too if the match ups are right.

Oh and those bagging Bastinac should cool their heels. He's rusty and is a touch player. He'll get better. The good thing about Basti was that he was getting to the right spots. I'm expecting this year to be his best.

I don't mind players being rusty, I do take an issue with his lack of desire to put his body on the line and tackle someone rather than give them a pat on the back as they run past him.

On my way to a dinner with the in laws and need to kill time, so here are my general thoughts/feels:

- whilst short of a gallop, LMac looked significantly bigger.
- We're still going to have problems matching up the small/medium forwards by the looks of it. They got us last year (think Bennell etc) and judging by the latitude Betts was afforded yesterday, we still have a few question marks over that. Hopefully JMac can help out. One thing's for sure - Max Warren isn't the answer.
- Daw was enormous. Jeez he's seducing. Even saw him jump off one foot in the ruck a couple of times.
- Despite what I always hear Currie is a poor pure ruck man. Got his hand to it on most occasions but lacks the craft to get it to the on ballers.
- Nice to see the Wells model Rolls Royce take a test drive. Going to be a dog fight between him and Cunnners for the Syd.
- Higgins is going to be tres handy. One more classy mover to add on the half forward.
- Waite looked hungry, liked his game.
- commentators made their mistakes, but I thought they were ok, notwithstanding their Adelaide centric views (understandable). Rhett Biglands regularly praised plenty of our guys, sometimes when they didn't warrant it. Better than listening to BT/Dermott/Frawley/insert other.
Actually I've got to say it was the most bearable, even dare I say enjoyable, call I have ever listed to coming out of SA. For a praccy game, they were actually better researched and more informative than expected.

The main guy was Tommy Wren, the adelaide cup winning jockey. Bloke is hilarious and a superstar.

Almost puked at some of their assessments of crows players but other that, thought it was a really good call.

I missed the first quarter but I didn't think we were dreadful except for that run on they got in the 3rd. Found it all pretty watchable and Daniel Wells and Jarrad Waite were great in the second, I reckon just depends on how much time you want to spend.

Thanks, I've got all day. Not really, but I'm keen to be distracted.

Watched the last quarter but it looked as though Wells was rested then, so it sounds like I should watch the first half just to see him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back