Not Giving In and Never Tear Us Apart (songs)

Remove this Banner Ad

She is a slight improvement on Lisa Fernandez who did the announcements at AAMI Stadium. I could never understand a word she screeched and the noise she made was up there with finger nails on a black board.

I was just about to mention her. Horrible.

Certainly is, Good from Afar but Far from Good

Jeez. Tough crowd. She's well attractive imo.

I reckon Jarrod & Alissa do a great job and find the pre-pregame entertainment to be worlds better than what it was at Footy Park. I quite like all the DJ stuff. Just would be nice if the Jesus DJ could change the tracks he plays sometimes.

I reckon Jarrod & Alissa do a great job and find the pre-pregame entertainment to be worlds better than what it was at Footy Park. I quite like all the DJ stuff. Just would be nice if the Jesus DJ could change the tracks he plays sometimes.
What? you mean the one he is mixing live and that is no way pre recorded?

Went to uni with him, and he does a nighttime show on Fresh. I'll ask him if he does it again to change it up.

Come finals time the players line up to for the playing of the national anthem and belt out being girt by sea a few minutes before bounce down.

There is a certain amount of time between that finishing and the bounce of the ball. There is no guarantee that a siren will go with one minute to go as our queue to start singing.

Anyone who has on their HDD or Foxtel IQ etc the 2 finals Port played in last year at the MCG, can you have a look and time the gap between the national anthem finishing and bounce down and if the time and any siren blowing, is consistent across the 2 finals.

She is a slight improvement on Lisa Fernandez who did the announcements at AAMI Stadium. I could never understand a word she screeched and the noise she made was up there with finger nails on a black board.

Lisa Fernandez won tool of the week on before the game for going for a ride on the pumping fist float.

So, that's a thing.

The AFL has ownership of ALL finals, regardless of where held. The AFL pays all costs, and reaps all income.

The AFL pays a rent and keeps 100% of the tickets sold and gets access to some advertising but that is all. The AFL don't sell corporate boxes but most people who attend those finals have to pay a fee. They do sell corporate packages.

But there are different set ups at different grounds.

At the MCG and Docklands the MCC members+Medallion club members at the MCG and medallion club members in week 1 and 2 of the finals don't pay for tickets - just a booking fee. The AFL get nothing out of these members in the first two weeks.

Catering and parking revenue belongs to the stadium owner and deals they have with their clubs, so WCE, Freo, Brisbane and Geelong make big $$$ for finals game because of their clean stadium deals and down the track so will GC and GWS. The SANFL made about $1mil profit when it hosted finals and the crowd was 40k+. The 2 clubs got nothing.

The Swans at SCG get nothing for finals, but have done some deal to get something at the Olympic Stadium.

It will be interesting to see if the people that bought the 12 month 18 seat corporate boxes for $125k have to pay for finals tickets. Those in the 8, 10 and 12 people boxes have to because they only buy 11 game packages. The AOSMA footy members will have to pay like AAMI members at Footy Park but will get to pay the 2nd or 3rd highest rate not the 4th highest. Their guests have to pay top $$$.

It's our home final, we get all the benefits of the home team.

Gerard is pushing NTUA (thanks to The_Wookie for the vid)

Gerard "I'm heroing the Port Adelaide Community......." I seem to remember some fans deriding the club for arguing we need to keep the Magpies and not split our Community. The last 12 months has shown how such a short sighted view that was by them.

Meh each to their own. I'm a 9 an she is a 7 so I can afford to be blasé. I am guessing from your comment that you are between a 5 to 7, so I understand the attraction for you.

I was between 5 and 7 15 years ago, now I'm probably around a 3. Alissa is a solid 8.

Background_2-e1407880846284-738x1024.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've deleted my posts (unprompted), what started as a comment on my disdain for game day presenters turned into sexist comments (by me) that are not really acceptable at any time, even if meant only as a joke.

If Alissa reads here, I am genuinely sorry.

She gets a 1 from me.

But my system isn't not decimal, it's binary. You either would or you wouldn't.
She would get quite a few 1's from me then....

Is that sexist? Apologies if so.

Anyway...
'Being reported that Never Tear Us Apart could be played at the home final but only if it replaces the club song...

Each club has control of 90 seconds when the team runs out, It's in the clubs hands apparently'

Anyway...
'Being reported that Never Tear Us Apart could be played at the home final but only if it replaces the club song...

Each club has control of 90 seconds when the team runs out, It's in the clubs hands apparently'
Hmmm, when we run out though..could be an interesting change I guess.

NTUA or club song? Dwayne Russell said each club gets a minute to play the club song but we may be able to replace it with NTUA for our home final, personally I'd rather NTUA as it will be much louder than the Blues game & hopefully pump the lads up.
I'd rather both, but if one only then NTUA. We still get the club song post game when we win. With the countdown to the boys coming on the ground and then NTUA pre-bounce the club song is not as important. It's pump up the crowd with Not giving in, relax with the club song, pump up the crowd with NTUA.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back