rideclutch

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Formula 1, PGA Tour
Speaking of on speed rail bias, Mornington!

Naturally I'm gonna back Treat Me Right who'll get back and run on out wide :$ but I'll be waiting to see the conditions and how the track is playing, should get a guide by R5. Not much luck last time but the small field here suits, think she's just better than these so I'm basically backing Benny M to get it right.

In the feature there's not a whole heap of speed, think Resistant can push forward and run it to suit himself, few of his market rivals might be a little suspect at the mile. He's only 2nd up but goes well off that profile and comes here off a solid resumption in a proven form race. 1x3 EW play, will rove him in small Tri too.

R5 - Treat Me Right

R6 - Resistant EW
Tri - 5r / 2,4,9,11,12 @ 83%

Good luck campaigners.

Last edited:
Used to go to Mornington for this race day. Was always a great day. Have to go again next year.

We all know the track has its oddities, but some decent races today.

Edraak, and component in this. Couple of first starters.

Little anecdote from yesterday that you may enjoy. Was walking into Flemington in the morning, and as I do every year purchase a cornflower with the misguided belief that if i give to charity early then the punting gods may smile on me for the day. Sort out the closest seller and to my surprise the person standing in front of me in the queue was Chris Waller.

I proceeded to wish him all the best for the day, telling him that I was intending to back a couple of his. He duly said very warmly, "Thanks mate - have a great day". I thought well, he's engaged in a little conversation, I may as well ask him what his best for the day is. Chris then smiled, looked to his left and right as if to not be giving away the world's biggest secret, and whispered to me "Royal Descent". I thanked him and chest out, marched through the gates knowing that I was surely going to have a big day. It's not every day you go to the track and happen to bump into the countries best trainer after all..

Race 8 arrives. I've had an up and down day, backing Ambience and Excess Knowledge but nothing else. No real damage done, but it's time to open up the shoulders. Walk up to the bookie and, feeling almost guilt that I'm cheating the system, proceed to lay the biggest single bet of my life on Royal Descent. I walk away knowing that i'm only 10 mins away from making my day. I got back to my seat and some cocky young punk two rows back is talking to his mate saying that he has a multi going that is going to pay $15K (from an initial $100 bet) if Royal Descent gets up. He is unsure whether to take the $1500 offered by the agency to lay off. A mate of mine, overhearing this says, "hey this guy spoke to Chris Waller this morning and you're already over the line!". I confirm the earlier story, albeit thinking that this young guy was probably full of s**t and deserved some bad karma.

Well the horses jump and you know the rest. I actually didn't mind losing the cash as we heard crickets from the punk behind who had been sprouting off all day up until then as to how he was on for a fortune!

Moral to the story is never trust a trainer who smiles before giving you a tip....

Last edited:

Speaking of on speed rail bias, Mornington!

Naturally I'm gonna back Treat Me Right who'll get back and run on out wide :$ but I'll be waiting to see the conditions and how the track is playing, should get a guide by R5. Not much luck last time but the small field here suits, think she's just better than these so I'm basically backing Benny M to get it right.

In the feature there's not a whole heap of speed, think Resistant can push forward and run it to suit himself, few of his market rivals might be a little suspect at the mile. He's only 2nd up but goes well off that profile and comes here off a solid resumption in a proven form race. 1x3 EW play, will rove him in small Tri too.

R5 - Treat Me Right

R6 - Resistant EW
Tri - 5r / 2,4,9,11,12 @ 83%

Good luck campaigners.
I think TMR could end up group 3 class, however i cannot back it in this at $1.50!!! if there was definite speed on i would be really confident

I think TMR could end up group 3 class, however i cannot back it in this at $1.50!!! if there was definite speed on i would be really confident
There's still plenty of evens/1.9 about, but I agree with the speed assessment.

Didnt really do much in straight. Guys on ch78 were basically implying is a cat
She was pretty ungenuine, but he fair dinkum gave it none.

Moral is class edge or not, if you have to rely on the jock to get it right it's not a good bet.

anyone else thinking red cadouex is a great chance in the cup think its not as strong as previous years
happy.gif
happy.gif

happy.gif
happy.gif

happy.gif
happy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was Lusty really a cat or just a limited beast?

I think Firehouse Rock is probably the benchmark cat currently racing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back