ODI Tri-Series: Australia v India, SCG, Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Because it hasn't rained at the gabba, mcg, Adelaide or the waca at all before. Bunch of whiners some of you.
I think the biggest issue is the fact this game should've been at Adelaide as it has been traditional and it's not raining there now. Plus Adelaide didn't get a game this series

Because it hasn't rained at the gabba, mcg, Adelaide or the waca at all before. Bunch of whiners some of you.

Think you've missed the point.

Sydney have taken Adelaide's traditional match. It's a beautiful day in Adelaide where you would've got a full match, whereas it's rained enough in Sydney to get enough over for people to not get a refund, but not enough over for a match.

I think that's called karma :D

From CricBuzz:

18:42 Local Time, 07:42 GMT, 13:12 IST: For those wondering about when the cut-off time for a 20-over game to begin then it's 20:40 local which is two hours away. Not looking good though, even to get that sort of a game in at the moment.
18:39 Local Time, 07:39 GMT, 13:09 IST: Dean Jones with this tweet and it's a dampener - 'We have got no chance now.. Smashing down.' If it's a washout, India's chances of going through to the final improve. They will get two points from this game and will make their final game versus England a virtual semi-final. The winner of that will go through to the final. Nothing to worry about bonus points, NRR and all that stuff.

But means they can try and see him off easier than needing to smash him everywhere to get the total within like 25 overs to catch the NRR

NRR is irrelevant if todays game is washed out. India win - India in Finals, England win - England in Finals.

I heard they have up until 8.40pm. India will bat four more overs then Australia will bat 20 overs?

Sydney have taken Adelaide's traditional match. It's a beautiful day in Adelaide where you would've got a full match, whereas it's rained enough in Sydney to get enough over for people to not get a refund, but not enough over for a match.

Happiness that the Sydney cricket followers paid good money to have washed out game.

South Australians made the Australia Day ODI a great day for all Australians. Its not just good cricket but packing a stadium adds tremendously to the atmosphere.

No I didn't miss the point, I was ripping on the nature of the posts that Sydney games suffer more from weather than other grounds, not about whether it should have been in Adelaide.

NRR is irrelevant if todays game is washed out. India win - India in Finals, England win - England in Finals.
I know, I was saying that if they went into the next game worrying about NRR, Finn would be a much bigger problem then he would be if it was a washout. Now they can just get 3 an over off him to try and stop him taking wickets instead of needing to hit him for 8 an over to get within the runrate

If they end up playing a 20/20 then you might as well hand Australia the win and not bother playing. D/L will apply but it's not getting India anywhere near a decent score.

Not sure about that, wouldnt surprise me if the 20 over total ended up being like 140 runs. Still 8 wickets in hand and run rate at about 4.5

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know, I was saying that if they went into the next game worrying about NRR, Finn would be a much bigger problem then he would be if it was a washout. Now they can just get 3 an over off him to try and stop him taking wickets instead of needing to hit him for 8 an over to get within the runrate

Sorry champ. Yep I agree. Good post.:thumbsu:

Not to mention the crowd number would've doubled in Adelaide (despite only having about a quarter of the population of Sydney).

Looking at the SCG it looks like the Indian supporters are outnumbering us 3:1

I just wonder if we were playing any other team if the crowd would have been shockingly low.
3:2 would be quite accurate and they were great supporting every run and even Warner before and after his catch. Made a great atmosphere.

3:2 would be quite accurate and they were great supporting every run and even Warner before and after his catch. Made a great atmosphere.

In fairness to Sydney, we wouldnt be having that level of Indian support in Adelaide to offer a good rivalry. But who occurs its Australia Day and the game is played in Australia.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back