Official Club Stuff OFFICIAL : 2015 Membership Tally - 41,418 #Get Real - New Record

Remove this Banner Ad

I seriously reckon we could get another 2-3k tasmanian members after the renovations at Blundstone, three games down there one of them being a 'blockbuster' against Richmond. 1-2k more in Victoria and interstate due to making a prelim and we could be looking getting towards 45k members.
Yeah, that's not unrealistic. In any case, like this year when the membership dept. targetted 40,000 I reckon they'll be ambitious and look at that as their target. I thought 40,000 was a stretch and wouldn't be achieved this year, so who knows, maybe they'll exceed it?!

And, assuming we are there, or thereabouts, the next target is 50,000 members. It wasn't so long ago at all that the Hawks, *essendon and Richmond were just touching on these numbers. Surreal. It'd be nice if the new "30,000" minimum was "40,000" when/if on-field fortunes fade. 40,000 members and no debt allows us the luxury of dropping down the ladder without it representing a threat to our very survival.

...I predict the following crowds:

Brisbane - Sun Twilight (24k)
Opener, should be good game, not great time slot, Fitzroy faithful out to see the lion again? Yeah, especially if the Lions beat the Pies in Rd 1.

Port - Sat Night (25k)
Could be a little bit optimistic with this one seeing as it only attracted 19k last year, but should be a very big game. Two PF'ists and 'up & comers'. Giddyup.

Hawks - Sat Night (40k)

No need to explain this one, all things go well and this is a big blockbuster. Will be cut throat, especially if they have a stranglehold on the game.

Swans - Sat Night (23k)
Haven't played the Swans in a while at home, attractive fixture, replay of prelim, good timeslot, and swans have a good following in Melbourne. Given we haven't played them in Melbourne for a while, compared to the Port guestimate, this might be a bit low, especially after the PF?

Geelong - Sat Night (35k)
Should be a good game, Cats fans prefer saturday night to fridays for obvious reasons. Other than the Cray Bros. it's becoming a bit of a mini-rivalry I reckon.

Essendon - Fri Night (40k)
Could be less, could be more, depends a bit on ASADA. I like to think our *sympathy thread contributes to crowd numbers. *'dons supporters come along knowing, either way, that we're sympathetic. ;)

Freo - Sun Afternoon (21k) Late season ladder positions may have some bearing. It was a good crowd at the end of 2012.

Bulldogs - Sat Twilight (23k)
If we're sailing and the doggies aren't, could be a fizzer. Who cares, it's the finals that count.

These attendance predictions entirely assume that we actually have as good season as expected. This would give us an average home attendance of 28.8k. That would be very healthy. Not slipping bellow 20k would also be very good for our reputation.

Anyway I've probably got a bit carried away/deluded here. (I was trying to be realistic)
At this point, not an unrealistic expectation I wouldn't have thought mate. Well done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Expecting a half-decent bump towards the end of this week due to the reserved seat retention deadline being Dec-5.
I hope not, I got reserved seats (8 in the group) in the back row and was hoping to upgrade a few rows. They told me to get back to them after the 5th. So hold off you bastards and then don't forget to buy a membership.

Normally the rate of growth goes:

1) The initial starting point of numbers
2) Good growth leading up to Christmas
3) Very slow movement over Janruary when footy is the last thing on most (sane) people's minds (oh what a desperate time that is, deprived of North content)
4) A steady build as the Australian Open and Cricket starts to wrap up and people's minds turn back to footy
5) Nab Cup around the corner and membership drive in full swing
6) Scramble of people to get memberships before the season starts
7) Usually at this point we lose the opening game of the season and momentum gets lost (but let's hope not this year)
8) Very slowly increases week to week across the season. (Who are the people buying memberships in July?)
9) Rinse and repeat

22,038 (+2,043 on this date last year)

22,038 (+2,043 on this date last year)
i freaked out on wednesday when i walked into the club to pay, and the tally was 21k odd.....seemed high for this time of year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back