10k Posts The Cult of Robbo
Feb 11, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
#rompingwins
I like the podcats :thumbsu:

Gullen is good too, just tells it like it is

There has been talk of another podcast here BTW.... just lacking a button pusher/host at present

I'm really enjoying the cats podcasts and I enjoyed the big footy ones as well, I'd love to hear more. Is there any chance of a regular cats big footy podcast?

I like the podcats :thumbsu:

Gullen is good too, just tells it like it is

There has been talk of another podcast here BTW.... just lacking a button pusher/host at present

Agreed, when I first saw it I was worried it was going to be all positive for the sake of being positive but it's a decent listen. Especially when Gullen is on there.

Just listening to the PodCATS for the first time on the Geelong website. Can't say I'm impressed. They are just rolling through three minutes on the same old issues, spouting out the same old opinions as the blokes at the pub.

Just listening to the PodCATS for the first time on the Geelong website. Can't say I'm impressed. They are just rolling through three minutes on the same old issues, spouting out the same old opinions as the blokes at the pub.
Yeah, I'm with you.

The target audience is definitely not fans that post on BigFooty and already know all the news and obvious opinions. That's probably fine for what they are trying to achieve but it's not for me.

Yeah, I'm with you.

The target audience is definitely not fans that post on BigFooty and already know all the news and obvious opinions. That's probably fine for what they are trying to achieve but it's not for me.
That's true.

Some of the things which surprised me how shallow they went this week:
- Wrote off West Coast's formline due to lack of quality opposition (just who has Geelong beaten?).
- Said tagging on Selwood was excessive (probably fine with heavy tagging when Ling made a career out of it). Compared it to basketball (non-contact sport).
- Said recruiting has been that of genius because Stanley recruited to partner with Blicavs in the ruck (never mind the lack of defenders).

That's true.

Some of the things which surprised me how shallow they went this week:
- Wrote off West Coast's formline due to lack of quality opposition (just who has Geelong beaten?).
- Said tagging on Selwood was excessive (probably fine with heavy tagging when Ling made a career out of it). Compared it to basketball (non-contact sport).
- Said recruiting has been that of genius because Stanley recruited to partner with Blicavs in the ruck (never mind the lack of defenders).

As for the last point, while Stanley has been encouraging, the main strength of the Stanley/Blicavs combination is around the ground (not that that's a bad thing). It's still far from perfect against top quality ruckmen - as we found out when Goldstein massacred both of them in Round 4.

As for the last point, while Stanley has been encouraging, the main strength of the Stanley/Blicavs combination is around the ground (not that that's a bad thing). It's still far from perfect against top quality ruckmen - as we found out when Goldstein massacred both of them in Round 4.
Bingo. It's a stop gap.

But it's also like rolling a 4 and being happy with it. Potentially we could have rolled a 5 or 6.

Bingo. It's a stop gap.

But it's also like rolling a 4 and being happy with it. Potentially we could have rolled a 5 or 6.
Potentially they can be a 5 or a 6.

I actually think it's dropped off very quickly. Early in the year when we were struggling it was a bit better, now it's getting a bit too nice and fluffy.

Adam McNicol for a 'journo' has no idea either, but I suppose he can't really be too negative about his employers

Bingo. It's a stop gap.

No decent rucks available at 21, and we need one. Stanley will be ok, imo he has the talent to be a genuine number 1, he has amazing leap, just has to build a fitness base, some experience and some better timing.
He's still young and hasn't been a ruck often thus far.
Sure right now we have rolled a 4, but the dice may be fixed and just might end up flipping to 5 or 6.

In saying that if a genuine experienced ruck became available I'd grab them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doesn’t scare me at all.
Draft picks are a replenishing resource.

I have little fear of what Wells would do ..or Geelong really.. but I have a great deal of fear for the comp of what others clubs would do..and what it would do to trade values. Suddenly every second player will be worth 3 R1's , some clubs will go close to selling their future without some control. Just what would clubs give up this year to get the pick of Carlton or whoever?

Did enjoy him staying Rooke is one of the more underrated in his time.
Dribblers on here have him as overrated. Know nothing plebs.

I have little fear of what Wells would do ..or Geelong really.. but I have a great deal of fear for the comp of what others clubs would do..and what it would do to trade values. Suddenly every second player will be worth 3 R1's , some clubs will go close to selling their future without some control. Just what would clubs give up this year to get the pick of Carlton or whoever?
Who cares. Clubs have been stuffing up their list as it is.
Draft picks regenerate, and that’s not taking into account priority picks. We need to stop being fearful of what can happen, most clubs won’t even contemplate being so reckless.

I didn't want to start a new thread. .. Snapchat? Is the club will doing there real cats snapchat anymore as if never got anything this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back