Injury Official Injury Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
Since we don't have one of these yet and we post them in various threads, thought I would create one.

Should be updated weekly, as it's pulled straight from the GCFC site.

As of 23/3/12:

Steven May - Shoulder – Available

Rory Thompson – Adductor – 1 - 2 weeks

Trent McKenzie – Knee – 1 - 3 weeks

Tom Nicholls - Match Conditioning - 1 - 4 weeks

A tweet from Michael Whiting at training the other day said that the Cannon was firing again at Metricon. Trent was smashing them from 50+ out, getting that knee working again. ;) Probably a few weeks away still though.

Steven May - Shoulder – Test

Trent McKenzie – Knee – Test

Tom Nicholls - Match Conditioning - Test

Rory Thompson – Ankle – 1 - 2 weeks

McKenzie coming along far quicker than I thought he would be. I wonder if he'll be available for selection in round 2, with a run in the reserves this week?

Also, what's up with Rory? Is it an adductor or is it an ankle?

Yes heard that when I got home. Wondering if he had a mouth guard in...
Oh well looks like Weller will get a chance to play next week.
Not a nice injury at all. Hope he is Ok.

Current Gold Coast SUNS Player Injuries

Tom Nicholls – Match Conditioning – Available
Charlie Dixon – Ankle – Test
Jack Hutchins – Ankle – Test
Matt Shaw – Ill – Test
Rory Thompson – Ankle – Test
Seb Tape – Teeth – 1 week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Injuries as of 10/4.

Nathan Bock – Suspension – Available

Danny Stanley – Suspension – Available

Daniel Gorringe – Achilles – Test

Steven May – Ankle – Test

Lewis Moss – Hip – Test

Seb Tape – Teeth – Test

Piers Flanagan – Hamstring – 1-2 weeks

Rory Thompson – Groin – 1-2 weeks

Rory still a bit away. :( Obviously being very careful with him. No rush back for him though, with May and Warnock doing their part.

New injury list.

Campbell Brown – Hip – Test

Piers Flanagan – Hamstring – Test

Hayden Jolly – Ankle – Test

Danny Stanley – Quad – Test

Rory Thompson – Groin – Test

Alex Sexton – Rested – 1 week

Daniel Gorringe – Ankle – 2-3 weeks

Gorringe bit of a blow. Otherwise, we're starting to look pretty good in the injury department. Could certainly be worse, that's for sure.

New injury list.

Campbell Brown – Hip – Test

Piers Flanagan – Hamstring – Test

Hayden Jolly – Ankle – Test

Danny Stanley – Quad – Test

Rory Thompson – Groin – Test

Alex Sexton – Rested – 1 week

Daniel Gorringe – Ankle – 2-3 weeks

Gorringe bit of a blow. Otherwise, we're starting to look pretty good in the injury department. Could certainly be worse, that's for sure.

Thanks for tickling that bear Sunny

hopefully gazza pulls up ok, i'll be down there for rounds 6 & 7 to watch the boys live....reallly don't want to miss my chance to see him tear up Freo and the Giants.

Harbrow gone for 2-3 months. Needs surgery on his fractured elbow. Terrible news for Harbrow. Was really starting to show some great form. :(

Expect him to be on the LTI list shortly, you would think.

Who's gonna replace him? Might be time for Josh Toy to come back .. but he's no Harbrow ..

Who's gonna replace him? Might be time for Josh Toy to come back .. but he's no Harbrow ..

Toy a bit off, I would think.

Wilkinson might be looking at his spot. A smaller offensive HB defender who's been going quite well in the Reserves lately.

The other alternative is to elevate Horsley from the rookie list. This is something we can do if Harbrow goes on the Long Term Injury list. Horsley is very highly touted, a mature recruit from the WAFL and also plays off HB really well with stints in the midfield. Again, been in the best lists in the NEAFL for consecutive weeks. Would personally like this option more. We need another experienced, hard mature body to replace Harbrow.

Nothing against Wilkinson, but if we put him in Harbrow's spot it's going to leave a hole in our defence. He's still a smaller body without much experience.

Horse has really earned that spot I think. We obviously rate him considering where we picked him up in the draft. Time to see how he goes in the big time.

Devestated for Harbrow. Everyone was ripping on his ineffective kicks last year, but I always thought he was great value for us with his run and carry. This year he had stepped up immensely, such a shame to get injured and for that long too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back