List Mgmt. OFFICIAL: Zac Smith traded for picks 49 and 53

Do we want Zac Smith at the Cattery?

• Yes

Votes: 199 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 59 22.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Having seen how Blicavs has played this year, that he uses his height well but his ability at ground level is brilliant, I think we need to not include him in discussions about the talls selected for each game, because with a fit ruckman he would be selected as a midfielder first, not as a tall who can ruck or go forward or play midfield.

Having seen how Blicavs has played this year, that he uses his height well but his ability at ground level is brilliant, I think we need to not include him in discussions about the talls selected for each game, because with a fit ruckman he would be selected as a midfielder first, not as a tall who can ruck or go forward or play midfield.

Blitz will be AA as a midfielder by career end... no doubt in my mind

Watching him sail off could take a while. Would be a very slow departure.
Lol
He'd probably trip over on his way out the door and do another knee :(
Poor bugger- I really like the guy and feel he's pretty harshly treated around here. If he stays, I hope he can get himself fit enough to repay the club's faith in him. If he goes, well au revoir, mate, and thanks for your years of service at the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol
He'd probably trip over on his way out the door and do another knee :(
Poor bugger- I really like the guy and feel he's pretty harshly treated around here. If he stays, I hope he can get himself fit enough to repay the club's faith in him. If he goes, well au revoir, mate, and thanks for your years of service at the club.

To be honest, I've never met the guy but truly admired the effort he put into playing for the GFC.

Never going to be a star, but his determination was admirable.

He gave it his all, but his body let him down.

As did the lack of speed. Any speed actually :p

I sincerely wish him all the best in whatever happens from here.

Agreed. I think it's going to be pretty similar to how Adam Goodes' game evolved. Still an issue fitting Stanley, Vardy and Clark in the same team, let alone Walker. If we were to go after Smith or Leuenberger, I think we need to jettison at least one, if not two of those players, because the list clogging potential is high.

I think we want as many injury-prone ruckmen as possible.
Not being a dick but have you got another player in mind? Drafting one now doesn't really help us.

Yeah he is only 6cm taller than Bontempelli, I like to think he will be that sort of player for us - a little better in the air, but not as skillful. He may not end up as good as Bontempelli looks like becoming, but given Blicav's rate of improvement so far, why the hell not?

Back