Ollie Wines v Jaeger O'Meara

Who will be better?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You can throw around assumptions all you like, doesn't change the fact that wines has 40% of the votes. Mostly port supporters or not, no matter what you say or think O'Meara is not "clearly better". Wines right now is the better player based on performances. O'Meara is the better player based on potential

Next you will be telling me freo have a chance at a premiership. Ha!
No im not saying that freo have a chance. But they have a better chance then port. All port need is one big injury and there ****ed.

You can throw around assumptions all you like, doesn't change the fact that wines has 40% of the votes. Mostly port supporters or not, no matter what you say or think O'Meara is not "clearly better". Wines right now is the better player based on performances. O'Meara is the better player based on potential

Next you will be telling me freo have a chance at a premiership. Ha!

Explain how Wines has performed better when O'Meara won the rising star award in 2013 and AFLCA best young player in 2014 compared to Wines nothing?

Explain how Wines has performed better when O'Meara won the rising star award in 2013 and AFLCA best young player in 2014 compared to Wines nothing?
2013: O'Meara
2014: Wines
If you can't see that I am sorry there is nothing I can say to change your mind, watch more port games. Wines clearly is the better player at the moment, just because he doesn't win the popularity contests such as the rising stars doesn't change anything.

2013: O'Meara
2014: Wines
If you can't see that I am sorry there is nothing I can say to change your mind, watch more port games. Wines clearly is the better player at the moment, just because he doesn't win the popularity contests such as the rising stars doesn't change anything.

As blind as the 18 AFL coaches who gave O'Meara the AFLCA best young player award in 2014.
Coaches opinions in my opinion hold a fair bit of weight, compared to some lil Port supporter.

Huh? He won the rising star in 2013

2013 Rising star was just the entree since then it is
AFLCA best young player in 2014, voted by all the coaches.

http://www.aflca.com.au/index.php?id=14&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=1686&tx_ttnews[backPid]=9&cHash=c94b2d6798

2014 Award Recipients

Best Young Player - Jaeger O'Meara (Gold Coast)

Lifetime Achievement Award - Neale Daniher (Essendon, Melbourne, West Coast)

Support Staff Leadership - John Kilby (Essendon)

Media Award - Gerard Whateley (Fox, ABC)

Career & Education Award - Steven King (Western Bulldogs)

Assistant Coach of the Year Awards - Brett Montgomery (Western Bulldogs)

Champion Player of the Year Award - Robbie Gray (Port Adelaide)

Allan Jeans Senior Coach of the Year - John Longmire (Sydney)

Coaching Legend - Kevin Sheedy (Essendon, GWS)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The quality of opinion in this thread is laughable from both sides.

O'Meara is probably ahead at the moment, definitely in terms of awards which is a pretty valid measure of success. Having said that it's not cut and dry as that, Wines does a lot of the shovel work in a more polished midfield than the one at the Suns and has a lot of the attention taken by the likes of Boak, Grey and Ebert. O'Meara is part of a more noticeable part of a midfield (especially minus GAJ) already under the microscope for being the big experiment they are so he WILL attract more notice. This isn't necessarily a detraction from his game just a fact that he is more visible to the coaches than Ollie.

Wines on the other hand has had two finals series where he has done what a lot of star young players fail to do, stand up and win a big game for their team pretty much off their own boot.

Both are probably two of the players this generation of football will be remembered by, for now O'Meara 'just' shades it but there is a long way to go in both careers and anything could happen.

Back