Strategy Opponents for Chapman, Podsiadly and Hunt

Remove this Banner Ad

Megaman123

Team Captain
Oct 4, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Lets assume all 3 delisted players find new homes. As strange as it will be watching them wearing another jumper, they will be the enemy for a day. So, who gets them? The match ups will be intriguing, Chappy and co playing to prove a point and the cats playing to win. Here is a few I could see-

Chappy v Guthrie- Chappy will be older again, but this years form says he will be a handful if Guthrie gets him. I like the match up for the cats, be a really good learning experience for Cam and I think he has the tools the contain Chappy for large parts. It's the small parts he can't that could be the issue, Chapman is so smart, strong and clever a 10 minute spell could see him kick 3 goals. Guthrie is quicker, reads the play well and could hurt Chappy going the other way. Chappy probably ahead, but only just.

J Hunt v Bartel- I'm hoping Jimmy finds a more permanent home up forward, playing a role similar to Chappy's. great over head, smart and a great finisher. Hunt showed in the prelim, he can make ordinary decisions, gives away free kicks when under real pressure and can get caught out of position. But he is strong and would play tight. I'd give that one to Jimmy.

Pods v Harry- This would be a terrific contest. Pods I think in the right side will play more as a deeper forward and he still has the ability to mark the footy at its highest point. Is also fit still and can push up the ground if needed. Think he wasn't suited to the constant high bombs towards the end of the year, if he lands at Adelaide is used more on the lead, could make it harder for Harry. Harry is Harry though, everything Pods can do I think he can do better. Would be a great duel but Id think Taylor would win.

West v Vardy/Blitz- Prob won't happen, but her it would stir a lot of the debate that rages on these 3!

Going to be so strange seeing these cat legends in opposition colours!

IF all 3 do join new clubs, plus any other potential trades (Varcoe & West) - would the AFL schedule all 3 first up matches at Simonds Stadium or as Geelong home games (doubtful Essendon would travel down the highway), or would they be away games?

Who cares?
Aging Champion forward who would be more likely to ping his hamstring than a handful of goals against us.
Aging defender who makes the OPPOSITION a 5 goal better side with him out there.
Aging very good forward who can't kick goals anymore.

If they are our biggest worries we are in a heap of trouble.

Who cares?
Aging Champion forward who would be more likely to ping his hamstring than a handful of goals against us.
Aging defender who makes the OPPOSITION a 5 goal better side with him out there.
Aging very good forward who can't kick goals anymore.

If they are our biggest worries we are in a heap of trouble.

Who cares? I'm sure every single cats fan will have an interest in how Paul Chapman goes next year, especially when we play against him. Will he be the difference in the game? Probably not, but I bet most fans will have some level of "care" factor about how he goes.

Guthrie to Chappy, Taylor to pods and caddy on hunt (will destroy him) :D

Who cares? I'm sure every single cats fan will have an interest in how Paul Chapman goes next year, especially when we play against him. Will he be the difference in the game? Probably not, but I bet most fans will have some level of "care" factor about how he goes.

I would hope Chapman goes ok in other games, but against us I would want Guthrie to thrash him completely and keep him scoreless. Once the game starts he's the enemy.

No sympathy from me.

I would hope Chapman goes ok in other games, but against us I would want Guthrie to thrash him completely and keep him scoreless. Once the game starts he's the enemy.

No sympathy from me.

Oh yeah I hope they all cop an ass whooping against us!

The thought of Pods and Chapman playing against us is a horrible thought. I am just burying my head in the sand.
But most of us have become accustomed to GAJ playing against his old team. Only difference with Hunt, Chappy etc, is I expect Cats' players to cream them. Hunt will hear footsteps. Chappy will lose his cool and get rubbed out. JPod may take pack marks but we all know he can't kick....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back