Opinion Our 2015 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

I think you can lock in a few things.

Probably at least 2 Thursday night games, considering how much we raved on about post the Collingwood game.

1st showdown, return of the normal cycle.

We are in the middle tier on the ladder, so our fixture should be neither easy nor hard.

Another home game against Sydney, the AFL would love at least one AFC v Tippett match.

Surely port and crows have done their dash when it comes to r23 Perth games ffffffffsssssse
Reigning wooden spooners should always travel to Perth in Round 23.

17th team to Qld.

16th to NSW

15th to Adelaide

Id prefer not to play port in round 1 or 2. i want to get off to a winning start in 2015. I really hope we get a winnable game at home in round 1

When the fixture came out for this season i looked at it and said "farout, we are going to be 0-3" and bam we were! Essendon or North at home in Round one on a sat or sunday night (sunday night footy will go down well round 1 as its a long weekend)

Id prefer not to play port in round 1 or 2. i want to get off to a winning start in 2015. I really hope we get a winnable game at home in round 1

I'd prefer to play Port in Round 5-6-7 as we used to do until a couple of seasons ago, then play them in Round 19-20. This way it gives us a chance to get into the season before playing them, as Showdowns are always such massive games.

Correct. They got the late sunday slots 2014 and didn't Eddie go all Lindy about it. Doubt AFL will rattle Eddie's cage with the draw two years in a row, although I'm so sick of the AFL bending over for Collingwood.

Eddie allowing Port to wear the prison bars likely came with a promise or two from the AFL regarding Collingwoods fixture for 2015.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone have any idea when the 2015 Draw comes out? (I think it's usually end of October)

Maybe a easter sunday night game? 7:10? The crows have requested a big victorian club to play in round 1 to celebrate 25 years in the AFL

The fact that there wasn't a game played on Easter Sunday evening when it's a national public holiday on the Monday seems absurd. I'd like it if we could make that timeslot ours and alternate it between big Vic clubs each year. Could be good for us and Adelaide as a whole given the 4 day weekend.

P

Pretty sure the club has requested Hawthorn, I'd love to start with one of them though. We don't generally win round one!

We beat Hawks in 2011, GC on 2012. 50% in last 6 years

We won't get Hawthorn as they will play the Cats in the traditional Easter Monday clash.

A Easter Sunday night game would be Brilliant as no ones ever does anything on that night.

I fear that we will get stuck with the 1240 game again though

As a couple of posters have mentioned - Thursday nights ... Adelaide Football Club should try to own them.

The players love them, the fans love them, the tv audience loves them.

We won't get more than 2 of them no matter what but let's try to get those 2 and make them crackers, say vs Hawthorn and I don't know cos we prob won't get Collingwood again ..... Fremantle?

Everyone raves about Friday nights, I prefer Saturday nights. On Friday nights tho, I think a couple of weeks at least the AFL could play 2 Friday night games - 1 in Melbourne, 1 in Perth. Or even early in the season when daylight savings is still going 1 in Melbourne, 1 in Brisbane. This would let more clubs play on the Friday nights which again the players and fans love. I know NRL and A-League do this, seems to work ok.

At least one Showdown definitely needs to be at night, and not a Sunday night.

I really hope we aren't handed the Easter Sunday 12.20 slot for our season opener! AO looks and creates such a better atmosphere under lights both live and on TV.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back