• None of the above

Votes: 18 3.5%
  • Simon Lloyd

Votes: 7 1.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dew has been a premiership player at Port and Hawthorn and has been assistant at Sydney during their premiership. Wherever he goes, success seems to follow and he has been around many clubs with good culture.

I completely agree with you on this. But this logic also tells me our next coach should be matt spangher... :eek::D

That's assuming they can get through an interview process. Hinkley, Richardson, Sumich and others failed to get past this stage on more than one occasion. Doesn't mean they can't coach but prospective candidates shouldn't be so cocksure that they are a shoe in for any vacancy that comes their way.

I don't disagree. If I were in their position, I'd rather preserve my dignity and keep a black mark off my CV, sitting on my handsomely-paid, relatively unaccountable position as a successful assistant, than work for this board. At least until a better opportunity presented itself. What would be the average coaching turnover for last five or so years? Two or three per year? While no guarantees, another role is a matter of time for the majority of those shortlisted.

I'd take Worsfold if he was interested in coaching again,others I'd look at would be Bomber or Chocco as I'd favour experience personally:).Tudor really grabs me he's been very instrumental where he's worked at with the clubs successes& I'd certainly consider him:).

Bassett can coach and probably would be a good guy for a rebuild, was pretty much regarded as the SANFL's Ross Lyon in terms of the dour nature of his tactics, is that what you guy's want? I don't know but he was obviously successful & now has some AFL coaching experience.... sorry for the intrusion.

Bassett can coach and probably would be a good guy for a rebuild, was pretty much regarded as the SANFL's Ross Lyon in terms of the dour nature of his tactics, is that what you guy's want? I don't know but he was obviously successful & now has some AFL coaching experience.... sorry for the intrusion.
No need to apologise, thanks for the input - many of us know only of his success, not the style of play he may bring.:thumbsu:

A guy that had weight issues while he was playing doesn't seem like he'd be a good coach

Get a caretaker, assistant coach and give yourselves more time to find the future coach. I think that's a likely outcome, as thus far, the Carlton board certainly don't rush decisions, and not prone to knee jerk reactions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A guy that had weight issues while he was playing doesn't seem like he'd be a good coach

Fat shaming, really? :rolleyes: Stu-Du had retired when he went on a bender in the USA after actress girlfriend (Mrs Mark Webber) dumped him.

That he completed a preseason while 20kg overweight to then kick 2 goals in a premiership speaks volumes about his dedication.

Dew, Basset or Bolton for me...definitely not Voss or Barker. Also no old Carlton legend to bring back the "old carlton spirit" Time to stop loving in the past.....Not being forward thinking and living on past glories are why we are in this mess.

Dew for me. Success follows this guy and the fact the swans just wouldn't release him to Roos (hes first choice to succeed him) tells me hes highly rated.

Couldn't be any more unsavoury than what's going on in here.
I don't see how it's unsavoury by asking people's opinions on who MIGHT be a good option IF we get a new coach?
The possibility of Mick losing his job is growing every week and a decision has been brought forward. We aren't signing his papers by discussing options.
It's not really any different to discussing which players should be dropped each week, or who will be delisted at the end of the year, or who our next captain should be, or who should be trade bait. If it makes your moral compass go a bit twitchy, best to avoid the conversation.

For me personally, the no go ones are the likes of Thompson, Clarkson, Lyon.
If we want experience, we should consider Bluey or Woosha.
If we want a fresh coach, we should look at the usual suspects that are mentioned in Dew, Tudor, Bolton, Kirk, Bassett.
I'd probably lean towards a fresh coach, but don't have a preference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back