Our potential best 22

Remove this Banner Ad

We want Moore

Draftee
Sep 7, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Looking at our best 22 (with treloar coming) it gives me a clear indication what we need to target in draft/trade

Toovey brown Williams

Langdon reid sharenberg

Sidebottom Adams Varcoe

Swan Cloke de goey

Elliot Moore White

Foll: Grundy pendelbury treloar

Inter crisp Maynard Fasolo greenwood

Looking at that side we really need to draft a key forward. White is a big hole in that team.

Need to draft a small quick forward. Swan could help fill the void now that treloar is coming.

Have no running line breakers. No one off half back or wing that will break the lines

Toovey & Williams are poor kicks and having both in our backline is N issue. Hopefully Maynard comes on

Agree with all that apart from Williams being a bad kick, he's a good kick now and some of your selections in the best 22, I would have Marsh and Broomhead in.
The biggest hole is a speedy crumber. I still have belief Kennedy can be the guy but he needs to show it next season if he is still with us. Our forward line needs a lot of work. Our backline imo is fine, maybe one more line breaker to help out marley but we have a lot of young talent there.
Midfield is looking sexy.

B. Williams ~ Brown ~ Langdon
HB. Scharenberg ~ Marsh ~ Maynard
C. Sidebottom ~ Treloar ~ De Goey
HF. Elliot ~ Cloke ~ Fasolo
F. Moore ~ Reid ~ Varcoe
R. Grundy ~ Pendlebury (c) ~ Swan
I. Witts ~ Crisp ~ Greenwood ~ Adams

E. Cox Ramsay Broomhead

Something like this, give or take, also depnds who we also get

I much prefer Reid as a defender, which has lead me to wonder if we'd consider starting Brown and Reid at the two key defensive posts, and have Marsh, Cloke and Moore up front. I know Marsh has played as a defender during his time at the club, but he was drafted as a forward. The only other factor though is that I can't see the club not playing Jesse White, I think he'll start in round 1 and will have to fall out of form like he did towards the end of 2015 to not get a game.

I much prefer Reid as a defender, which has lead me to wonder if we'd consider starting Brown and Reid at the two key defensive posts, and have Marsh, Cloke and Moore up front. I know Marsh has played as a defender during his time at the club, but he was drafted as a forward. The only other factor though is that I can't see the club not playing Jesse White, I think he'll start in round 1 and will have to fall out of form like he did towards the end of 2015 to not get a game.
Perhaps so.
The reasoning of Reid up front is more to do with our extensive back depth and ensuring Cloke has a foil up forward that marks very well, thats when tarv plays best. At the moment Reid seems best bet for that.
Eventually Moore will be the key forward.
I have White out on basis Moore is passing him and better bet all round.

Looking at our best 22 (with treloar coming) it gives me a clear indication what we need to target in draft/trade

Toovey brown Williams

Langdon reid sharenberg

Sidebottom Adams Varcoe

Swan Cloke de goey

Elliot Moore White

Foll: Grundy pendelbury treloar

Inter crisp Maynard Fasolo greenwood

Looking at that side we really need to draft a key forward. White is a big hole in that team.

Need to draft a small quick forward. Swan could help fill the void now that treloar is coming.

Have no running line breakers. No one off half back or wing that will break the lines

Toovey & Williams are poor kicks and having both in our backline is N issue. Hopefully Maynard comes on

Small forward pleas draft DANIEL RIOLI

Perhaps so.
The reasoning of Reid up front is more to do with our extensive back depth and ensuring Cloke has a foil up forward that marks very well, thats when tarv plays best. At the moment Reid seems best bet for that.
Eventually Moore will be the key forward.
I have White out on basis Moore is passing him and better bet all round.
I'd be happy to not see White in the senior side on the proviso that Reid is a backman. I don't think our back depth is THAT extensive, whilst I like Frost I think the backline is much steadier with Reid and Brown playing as the two defensive posts.

I'd be happy to not see White in the senior side on the proviso that Reid is a backman. I don't think our back depth is THAT extensive, whilst I like Frost I think the backline is much steadier with Reid and Brown playing as the two defensive posts.

Ironic how they are two of our most injury prone players.

B: Matt Scharenberg ~ Nathan Brown ~ Marley Williams
HB: Tom Langdon ~ Jon Marsh ~ Scott Pendlebury

C: Steele Sidebottom ~ Levi Greenwood ~ Jack Crisp
R: Brodie Grundy ~ Taylor Adams ~ Adam Treloar

HF: Travis Varcoe ~ Travis Cloke ~ Dane Swan
F: Darcy Moore ~ Ben Reid ~ Jamie Elliot

I/C: Jordan De Goey ~ Braydon Maynard ~ Alex Fasolo ~ Tim Broomhead

B: Matt Scharenberg ~ Nathan Brown ~ Marley Williams
HB: Tom Langdon ~ Jon Marsh ~ Scott Pendlebury

C: Steele Sidebottom ~ Levi Greenwood ~ Jack Crisp
R: Brodie Grundy ~ Taylor Adams ~ Adam Treloar

HF: Travis Varcoe ~ Travis Cloke ~ Dane Swan
F: Darcy Moore ~ Ben Reid ~ Jamie Elliot

I/C: Jordan De Goey ~ Braydon Maynard ~ Alex Fasolo ~ Tim Broomhead
Scharenberg will never be starting deep in the backline. His starting position is at half back pushing into the wings. Marsh can take his spot and move Reid to CHB. Pendlebury into the centre. Cloke and Moore the two pivotal tall forwards. Toss up for third tall forward.

FB: Toovey - Brown - Williams

HB: Schareberg - Reid - Langdon

C: Sidebotton - Adams - Treloar

R: Grundy - Pendlebury - Crisp

HF: Varcoe - Cloke - Elliot

FF: Moore - White - Swan

I/C: De Goey Maynard Fasolo Greenwood

Damn that is hard to do! I'm sure I've left out more than a few players who deserve to be in there. Our midfield may be crazy next season, I couldn't even find a spot for Aish if he potentially comes in. Really wanted to fit Marsh in but I think come the end of the season he'll have found a spot somewhere in our 22. I really hope we can find a gun small crumbing forward in the draft or do a trade for one somehow though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With aish possible we are getting more depth through the midfield and he can play forward or back if need be on the flanks.
I know the Fasolo teaching via the back is likeLy over, but there is options there as back up (pun intended).

We can place Reid, who if fully fit a candidate for AA at CHB for sure, forward on basis our back stocks have great depth, plus if there is a real concern on the day, Reid can be swung back there.

Our back stocks are super strong:

key backs list: Brown, Marsh, Reid, Frost

Flankers at the back list: Williams, Maynard, Scharenberg, Langdon, Toovey, Macaffer, Goldsack, Sinclair, Ramsay

And even players that may depart for the back are Seedsman, Oxley

So ben hart via nathan's blessing had built a wonderful back list.

I should add from above this depth means younger players are now pressuring the older onesfor positions,if this is happening it likely means are improvement is coming.

For us to start moving on the likes of Toovey, Macaffer, Goldsack is an indication we are moving forward

B: Williams ~ Brown ~ Marsh
HB: Langdon ~ Reid ~ Scharenberg
C: Sidebottom ~ Treloar ~ Varcoe
HF: Broomhead ~ Cloke ~ Swan
F: Elliott ~ Moore ~ Fasolo
Foll: Grundy ~ Pendlebury ~ Adams
Int: Crisp ~ Maynard ~ de Goey ~ Greenwood

Stiff, and will get games: Frost, Broomhead, Ramsay, White, Witts, etc

That's before thinking about whether we get Aish or anyone else.

;);)
B: Williams ~ Brown ~ Marsh
HB: Langdon ~ Reid ~ Scharenberg
C: Sidebottom ~ Treloar ~ Varcoe
HF: Broomhead ~ Cloke ~ Swan
F: Elliott ~ Moore ~ Fasolo
Foll: Grundy ~ Pendlebury ~ Adams
Int: Crisp ~ Maynard ~ de Goey ~ Greenwood

Stiff, and will get games: Frost, Broomhead, Ramsay, White, Witts, etc

That's before thinking about whether we get Aish or anyone else.
Broomhead in in your side and stiff to miss out ;)

Scharenberg will never be starting deep in the backline. His starting position is at half back pushing into the wings. Marsh can take his spot and move Reid to CHB. Pendlebury into the centre. Cloke and Moore the two pivotal tall forwards. Toss up for third tall forward.

Scharenberg is the third tall defender in my side, he's played as a key defender as a junior and in the VFL he'd be up to it. Would rather Reid a forward setup of Cloke, Reid, Moore. White and Witts aren't up to being the third forward. And Reid is injury prone so him being in and out of the side would interrupt backline cohesion.

Pendlebury in the last couple of games was our best rounder, with the abundance of midifleders we have it allows him to play at half back. Since Aish nominated us I'd make one change which is Aish for Greenwood. Crisp in the centre and Aish on the wing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back