Ovens and Murray - Pre Season 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ovens and Murray Part 3

It seems as though Albury are sitting above the rest of the pack still, but slowly teams are making some slight ground. Yarra are capable of beating Albury but also losing to sides below them. North looked like they are up and about when they accounted for Raiders and i would say the match between them and Yarra in a few weeks might be interesting.
The top 4 seem settled, but who will take the 5th spot? Seems to be between Wodonga, Wang and Lavi.
I think the North boys were up and about after the game due to the amount of hype coming from the Raiders camp, and we all know of some heated games between the 2 clubs in recent years. Not too sure about North having the worst supporters, seems like a big claim and im sure every club has their own opinion on who's supporters are the worst.
Can anyone beat Albury is the question? With Albury having a strong list available at the end of the year and the double chance, who would be most likely to match up well on them and give them a red hot go?
yarra beat albury in round one this year

but since yarra beat albury in round 1, the closest a side has got is 54 pts, and that was Raiders in the wet. Yarra and Albury this weekend should be interesting

but since yarra beat albury in round 1, the closest a side has got is 54 pts, and that was Raiders in the wet. Yarra and Albury this weekend should be interesting
yes and as much as i would like to see yarra win, i think albury might have their measure, grand finlas are different, i watched yarra win their last one , think it was against mrtyleford ? and they came out and kicked about 8 goals to bugger all in the first qtr, then i think myrtleford outscored them in last 3, finals are always tougher, but albury will be dam hard to beat. i always laugh when i see you name greg the egg !!! gold. i hope you dont crack under pressure:)

In an ordinary game of football you would have to say that North or the RAIDERS would not bother the 1st & 2nd sides on the ladder but the RAIDERS will play finals.
Interesting to see Cupido's antics after the game punching the air and jumping around and still North Albury have the WORST supporters in the league.
Anyone from Corowa Rutherglen still listening on on here ?
You were very boisterous when up and about a few years ago, I would just like your opinions on where the club is heading in the next few seasons ?

I think you'll find Viking that the boisterous one was Jake Ryan or his connection Flower Power. As for the Roos i think its common knowledge that this will be Peter Tossol's last year. What the club choose to do next year could either send them back toward finals action or in the direction of Myrtleford. Very interesting few months coming up at John Foord.

As for the remainder of the season, Albury will be very tough to beat, but if Yarra get their full contingent, including coach Craig Ednie, on the park with 3 or 4 games to go i think they will be holding the cup up in September. They seem to have a better and more balanced structure than Albury who rely on a dominant midfield but can be exposed down back (i know they have conceeded the least amount of points, but this is due to their midfield winning so much possession).

As for North and Raiders it is great to see sides doing well on the back of developing their own juniors. Of course they bring in a few classy players to complement their side but both should be commended (and Lavi for that matter) for their commitment to bringing through local talent. If only Myrtleford and Corowa could get their locals sticking around instead of running to the minor leagues for coin we might have a more even comp (and yes i know this happens with all sides but the smaller populations exposes the problem even more).

[/b]

I think you'll find Viking that the boisterous one was Jake Ryan or his connection Flower Power. As for the Roos i think its common knowledge that this will be Peter Tossol's last year. What the club choose to do next year could either send them back toward finals action or in the direction of Myrtleford. Very interesting few months coming up at John Foord.

Dogs are barking loudly that Mark Sarau from Rutherglen will coach the Roos next year. If true he will certainly develop local and junior talent if he follows the path he has taken at Rutherglen.

Went to watch the wang/ wodonga game today, it was good to see some old heads playing in the twos in K.Ainsworth V.Glass J.Chesser not good seeing ovens and murray 2nds struggling but had a lough they nearly kept up with wang untill the last quarter, good to see old players back playing when needed.

You have got to be Kidding me Viking, ordianry game of football because Raiders lost, was one of the most exciting games i have seen in along time. . . either way the result went it would have been still a good spectical! And whats wrong with people being flamboyant after a good win, i think u would have noticed most of the north boys doin that...
i think both sides will play finals and i think raiders have a better list, although i think north have improved more due to losing Horn Eams Brain Nelson and picked up cupido and klemke i think its more development from the younger guys!! thats my opionion and only sayin that because i see north more the raiders

Yeah you are probably right wizards, I thought the Raiders had a terrible game, but from a North perspective it was a good win.

Went to watch the wang/ wodonga game today, it was good to see some old heads playing in the twos in K.Ainsworth V.Glass J.Chesser not good seeing ovens and murray 2nds struggling but had a lough they nearly kept up with wang untill the last quarter, good to see old players back playing when needed.

Its great that older players come back and help out when needed but what does it say about depth at the club ? Would you not promote thirds ?
I know we all have our ups and downs (we have had plenty of downs) but we promoted kids who we thought may be long term prospects.

Its great that older players come back and help out when needed but what does it say about depth at the club ? Would you not promote thirds ?
I know we all have our ups and downs (we have had plenty of downs) but we promoted kids who we thought may be long term prospects.

Good call VB. Promote the kids from the U/18 and then the 16's to play Thirds. It's not about Bencey becoming a self proclaimed hero again, although this one probably won't wreck the club as the last one in 2004 did financially.

Hoppers, panthers and Tigers are doing it.

Its got alot to do with the large amount of talent that has been poached from wodonga in recent years from bush clubs as to why the veterans are playing (and yep i know its happening everywhere). Also sometimes it is better to keep the 3rds playing their, if they dont want to be playing in 2's they will go elsewhere, so while you want to promote talent its a difficult balance.

It must be frustrating to putsp much into developing juniors then once they're 18 - 21 yrs old choose to take off for cash in a lower level.

Its got alot to do with the large amount of talent that has been poached from wodonga in recent years from bush clubs as to why the veterans are playing (and yep i know its happening everywhere). Also sometimes it is better to keep the 3rds playing their, if they dont want to be playing in 2's they will go elsewhere, so while you want to promote talent its a difficult balance.

It must be frustrating to putsp much into developing juniors then once they're 18 - 21 yrs old choose to take off for cash in a lower level.

SK you must ask why so many have left the kennel over the past few years!!!!

Surely not all to do with poaching. Is the enviroment good? Are there personnel problems? Do they treat club legends correctly?

The current situation is probably a true reflection of where the club has been allowed to drop to.

Surely not all to do with poaching. Is the enviroment good? Are there personnel problems? Do they treat club legends correctly?

The current situation is probably a true reflection of where the club has been allowed to drop to.

Hornie - please provide some details of where your heading with your questions.

From an outsider - i would have thought the bulldogs have been pretty strong/successful over the last 7-8 yrs. 2 GF's,1 premiership and 3 prelims i think its been?

I think its primarily due to poaching, I don't think there's any problems at the club, are you simply implying with 'heresay'...? Clubs performance has dropped a bit this year but that's expected to have an off year, I'd say they've had a pretty strong decade

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rumour has it a high class O and M players is on the move already to an intersate club for the next season. Only reason i know this is the fact that he declined a offer from SANFL club as he was comitted to another club already... What is happening!!

What about Damian STUPIDO getting done D.U.I on the weekend in an unregistered car... Any got anything to add on this.

What about Damian STUPIDO getting done D.U.I on the weekend in an unregistered car... Any got anything to add on this.

Yep, I do. I thought bigfooty was for discussing all things football. Unless Cupido was doing burnouts on a footy field, I don't see what his DUI (alleged) problem has to do with football. (My opinion anyway).

Yep, I do. I thought bigfooty was for discussing all things football. Unless Cupido was doing burnouts on a footy field, I don't see what his DUI (alleged) problem has to do with football. (My opinion anyway).

dose not send a good message also doesn't look good for north albury

dose not send a good message also doesn't look good for north albury

First ive heard of it but it doesnt suprise me at all, and it doesnt look good for north albury but i think if people spend a little bit of time at north albury they will quickly notice that players dont want anything to do with him!!
north Vs yarra this weekend whos there tips???

it'll be interesting to see if Cupido gets named for the Yarra game. Was out on the drink the night before they played Corowa at a Corowa hotel (doesn't say much about respect) and now this latest indiscretion, will Hoggy show some knackers and suspend him or are there rules for some players and not others? Or is this country footy and none of this should come into play as long as he is playing good footy (was named best on against Corowa)?

Either way it appears he is polarising the folk at North

Hear Josh bartel wont b donning the Wodonga jumper again this season.
Has decided to have a crack at becoming a punter!!!
Anyone got ne thoughts on this?

Coming into the home stretch of the season. Any thoughts on........
Who will round out the top 3? Raiders or North?
Who will pinch 5th out of Lavi, Rovers, Wang?
Who are the front runners for the Morris?
Who will win the Strang (leading goal kicker)?
Can anyone beat Albury come finals?

Faiders seem to have the harder run home with a torrid last month facing them. So I am backing the Hoppers to grab the double chance.
I think both Wang and Rovers are a better balanced team than Lavington and I predict Rovers to just sneak in.
Morris Medal will go to a Tiger this year and I suspect Hyde who has been ultra consistent.
Strang will probably go to Fowler due to the easier run home.
I can't see Albury getting beaten again this year including finals. Simply a super Joss coated side.

sorry to interrupt fella's but just wanted to see if anyone knew how Tim Cooper is going? i think he plays for Yarra now but he played at my club in the edfl a few years back, great kid, with a lot of talent....

nth 3rd
5th to be decided when wang take on rovers in a couple of weeks
haven't seen/heard enough to tip a morris medallist
fowler
no

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back