Ovens and Murray

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know its not a chance next year, but interested to see what people would think about Wagga Tigers going into the comp while Myrtleford go into a lower standard league (say O&K) and sort thier sh*t out.

Surely the Tigers would be able to remain more consistently competitive, unlike Myrt's 1 year good + 4 year terrible current form

I know its not a chance next year, but interested to see what people would think about Wagga Tigers going into the comp while Myrtleford go into a lower standard league (say O&K) and sort thier sh*t out.

Surely the Tigers would be able to remain more consistently competitive, unlike Myrt's 1 year good + 4 year terrible current form

interesting silver - im sure this topic would really get up the nose of myrt supporters, but ill add my opinion anyway.

Im pretty sure the tigers struggled in the ACTAFL, so im not sure how they would go in the OM - but saying that, if they were to recruit some locals back to the club - they would be competitve no worries.

My solution -give myrt some confidence and go play in the O&K, make nathalia play OM so they dont smash murray clubs every year!

cheers

I have a long lost cousin???? :D

Still in shellshock at departures.

Bit harsh on raines - thought the rhino givng out to raines was a pretty good combination.

Curtly Ambrose will be a big loss - was great this year.

Schmidt staying?
Not sure About schmidt have heard rumours wa\sanfl clubs chasing him.Wig a big loss, maybe the ryan may have a player up his sleeve

Maybe follow their u18's and merge with Bright would be another option. I don't think Wagga Tigers would be able to cut the mustard in the O&M. Been wrong before but that's my thoughts.

Maybe follow their u18's and merge with Bright would be another option. I don't think Wagga Tigers would be able to cut the mustard in the O&M. Been wrong before but that's my thoughts.

raiderboy, when will there be some news out of birrallee park re: recruiting under lambert?

Heard Adam Prior is going up to Darwin to play for Wanderers this year!
Should be picked in the NT side to play in the QAFL comp next year!:thumbsu:

Geez, how does that work if he is contracted to the Raiders ? What if he was to get injured ?

I cant wait to see him do the Admin from Darwin. Raiders must be stoked. Clearly he's going to go any where If a club Blows enough wind up his A#se.
Raiders are supposed to be in a re building stage, new coach a couple of new players and the STAR forward goes "walkabout" to the Top End and won't be there for Pre Season.
Week as P1ss:thumbsdown:

See on the Bendigo site Antoniwicz(unsure of correct spelling) is supposedly moving to just outside Melbourne somewhere and has been interviewed for Kyneton's coaching job.Osborne having a big go at Doswell and a few fringe players such as Russell;Kennedy;Wilde;Maher etc on the move.Interesting times perhaps at Doggieland?

See on the Bendigo site Antoniwicz(unsure of correct spelling) is supposedly moving to just outside Melbourne somewhere and has been interviewed for Kyneton's coaching job.Osborne having a big go at Doswell and a few fringe players such as Russell;Kennedy;Wilde;Maher etc on the move.Interesting times perhaps at Doggieland?

definately interesting news. surely doswell wouldnt go - one of the premier OM midfielders, wouldnt make sense to drop down to that standard at that age... could see fringe players moving on, always easier to poach them...

good on prior for going, you cant blame him for wanting a change from albury/wodonga for a while...what month does the league finish in darwin? would prior go straight from the darwin comp then back into the OM, fair chance of burnout..?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I cant wait to see him do the Admin from Darwin. Raiders must be stoked. Clearly he's going to go any where If a club Blows enough wind up his A#se.
Raiders are supposed to be in a re building stage, new coach a couple of new players and the STAR forward goes "walkabout" to the Top End and won't be there for Pre Season.
Hows that week as piss bundy bear. the bloke is going up there to play footy and will be back for the start of the season fitter then most blokes in the club and match hardened. I would say quite a good move by Adam and i reckon you could bet your bottom dollar that he went with Lambo's blessing. unless you've been up there and done it mate (i have) you really are talking out your ar##se

Hows that week as piss bundy bear. the bloke is going up there to play footy and will be back for the start of the season fitter then most blokes in the club and match hardened. I would say quite a good move by Adam and i reckon you could bet your bottom dollar that he went with Lambo's blessing. unless you've been up there and done it mate (i have) you really are talking out your ar##se

Nar dont agree fellas. only gotta look at what happened at yarra with Archibald in 2006. Bloke was absolutely buggered by finals time coz he had been playin footy continuous for 18 months. Anyone who seen it would agree he played like he was shot to s**t, at the time of year it mattered most. The comment about Prior coming back fit is a load a s**t, when he gets back the last thing he is guna wanna do is play footy again. Bad move from a club needing everything to go their way to be competitive again.

Im sure Doswell wouldn't leave Wodonga to go and play Osborne.
The Dog's have some very good young kids coming through anyway.

Bit rough there mate, the bloke wants to go up north and play footy, its not AFL, he can do what he wants.

Nar dont agree fellas. only gotta look at what happened at yarra with Archibald in 2006. Bloke was absolutely buggered by finals time coz he had been playin footy continuous for 18 months. Anyone who seen it would agree he played like he was shot to s**t, at the time of year it mattered most. The comment about Prior coming back fit is a load a s**t, when he gets back the last thing he is guna wanna do is play footy again. Bad move from a club needing everything to go their way to be competitive again.
Got it from a very very very good source that he is likely to only play 12 games or so up there.

Just wondering how the general standard of Ovens & Murray football comapres to some of the metro leagues in Melbourne?. How does it compare with Eastern div 1? Southern Div 1? Amatures div 1?.

The top 4-5 teams of the EFL are very very strong, and i think only the better O&M sides would compete evenly with them, would be a great game actually. The top 3/4 eastern clubs pay out huge amounts of money and recruit heavily at junior levels as well.

The Southern League might as well go home after half time, cause they would come out and get rings run around them in the 2nd half. There is a huge gap in the fitness/general level of the SFL and O & M.

The Ammos 1s would be ok against the lower O&M sides, but they lack the top line talent that O&M usually has and it would be a question of depth. However they play on bigger grounds than EFL/Diamond Valley so play a bit more open style of footy (not particuarly hard you might say).

As far as the NFL (Diamond Valley is concerned) its one thing to say they might be more physical at the man, but i dont think this sort of thing really bothers a good O&M side one iota. They are big boys and would give all but the top rung NFL sides a fair shalacking.

Bring Back The VFA!

Appendix: When talking about the O&M i am generally excluding the sides that are bottom 2 for the year (ie myrt and raiders this yr)

Big rumours circulating about former Corowa player Shaun Daly returning to the area,have also heard that 6 O+M clubs have already spoken to him about playing next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back