Pakistan vs Australia (in the UAE)

Remove this Banner Ad

Haddin fans:

His last 9 test scores have been 0, 9, 1, 13, 3*, 22, 0, 10 and 13. His keeping has returned to a general trash level, so much so he was struggling against Nathan Lyon for christ sake. And this was pre-injury, so don't link the two. He's seriously not in the top 4 keepers in the country for mine, only better than Wade by default and marginally better with the bat than Ludeman.

Last edited:
Haddin fans:

His last 9 test scores have been 0, 9, 1, 13, 3*, 22, 0, 10 and 13. His keeping has returned to a general trash level, so much so he was struggling against Nathan Lyon for christ sake. And this was pre-injury, so don't link the two. He's seriously not in the top 4 keepers in the country for mine, only better than Wade by default and marginally better with the bat than Ludeman.
It's funny, Ludeman hails from down my way. His last Senior season down here I saw him in three games including the GF. I used to have detailed notes / plans on each batsman from the opposition (ahead of my time). For him I had nothing, he was technically pure, very straight, very still at the crease and adept off either front or back foot. When I saw him a few years later his back lift was coming from closer to gully (Alex Keath style) and he was very fidgety. I would suggest that if anything his batting has gone backwards. That might sound ridiculous but I stand by it. He was a better batsman before he got into the "system".

I'm getting a bit tired of hearing how the Ausseis don't learn from their previous tours of the S/C. Two player who did the best in terms of runs, have toured the sub-continent, in fact they were on that 2013 tour to India that was such a shambles but some of the team from this tour weren't on that one.

With Marsh, Doolan and Rogers it's their first test tour of slow, low wickets and Doolan wasn't given a chance to show he'd learnt anything.

The big failures in those terms were Clarke and Haddin. So much for experience. I never expect Haddin to change his style of play, gave up on that ages ago. And Clarke - no matter what he says - looks like he is impeded by his fitness to play.

If Clarke doesn't improve, I'd like to know who is going to be making the really big scores this summer as the last time India was here it was him plus two now retired players. Indian seamers are better away than at home and they don't have old, creaky players anymore.

I'm getting a bit tired of hearing how the Ausseis don't learn from their previous tours of the S/C. Two player who did the best in terms of runs, have toured the sub-continent, in fact they were on that 2013 tour to India that was such a shambles but some of the team from this tour weren't on that one.

With Marsh, Doolan and Rogers it's their first test tour of slow, low wickets and Doolan wasn't given a chance to show he'd learnt anything.

The big failures in those terms were Clarke and Haddin. So much for experience. I never expect Haddin to change his style of play, gave up on that ages ago. And Clarke - no matter what he says - looks like he is impeded by his fitness to play.

If Clarke doesn't improve, I'd like to know who is going to be making the really big scores this summer as the last time India was here it was him plus two now retired players. Indian seamers are better away than at home and they don't have old, creaky players anymore.

Most of our blokes going around shield don't even convert anymore. In recent years Hughes, Rogers and Silk have a much better conversion rate than everyone else.

Most of our blokes going around shield don't even convert anymore. In recent years Hughes, Rogers and Silk have a much better conversion rate than everyone else.

With these more batsmen friendly wickets this year we may see more big scores. We have already.

Part of my point is that with the constantly changing landscape of test batsmen - how can anyone learn anything to apply to the next tour in that part of the world?

I admit that the attitude of mgt on this tour has been ludicrous as Punter's accurate article pointed out in more polite terms.

Back on our wickets resume normal transmission away from those sub-continent shitboxes. That Paki series will be forgotten the moment we smash India in the First Test.

No point sending non-doosra finger spinners to the sub-contintent. Money for jam for their batsmen. In hindsight, Fawad Ahmed should've gone given his experience n those types of tracks.

Same when we go to England. If they're going to make spinning wickets give the the type of bowlers they hate with a passion, leg spinners. Send Fawad and Boyce.

Back on our wickets resume normal transmission away from those sub-continent shitboxes. That Paki series will be forgotten the moment we smash India in the First Test.

No point sending non-doosra finger spinners to the sub-contintent. Money for jam for their batsmen. In hindsight, Fawad Ahmed should've gone given his experience n those types of tracks.
Two weeks ago I saw Marcus Stoinis absolutely destroy Fawad at Port Fairy. Melbourne Uni had 3 spinners, Fawad was ranked 3. Good players will destroy him - I shudder to think what Younis Khan and Misbah would have done to him. Nowhere near test class.

Two weeks ago I saw Marcus Stoinis absolutely destroy Fawad at Port Fairy. Melbourne Uni had 3 spinners, Fawad was ranked 3. Good players will destroy him - I shudder to think what Younis Khan and Misbah would have done to him. Nowhere near test class.

What do you think happened to the spinners we had there. They were goddamn useless. We need a different type of spinner to succeed over there. Non-doosra, straight armed off spinners aren't going to cut it.

Bowled ok in the last shield match. Best to pick one at least familiar with the conditions. You think he would've gone worse than what we had? Sub-contintent bowlers don't go that well here, might be the same in his case, but find an extra leg on their own pitches. Not suggesting we pick him here, Lyon bowls well at home, just on spinning tracks overseas.

What do you think happened to the spinners we had there. They were goddamn useless. We need a different type of spinner to succeed over there. Non-doosra, straight armed off spinners aren't going to cut it.

Bowled ok in the last shield match. Best to pick one at least familiar with the conditions. You think he would've gone worse than what we had? Sub-contintent bowlers don't go that well here, might be the same in his case, but find an extra leg on their own pitches. Not suggesting we pick him here, Lyon bowls well at home, just on spinning tracks overseas.
Who did he get out? It was a NSW 2nd XI at best. He just doesn't trouble good players. If you want to play a leggy, play Boyce, Fawad ain't the man.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back