2nds Peel Thunder 2024 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

I would assume that we will have a solid hit out at a training session tomorrow. The judgement maybe that Walker, Sharp and Wagner are all in contention for the Brisbane game and need some competitive match practice.
Knobel, Williams,Etc will definitely be starting at Peel.

The fact that Voss is playing. He had played all pre-season games makes me think he is right in the mix for a forward role - giving him a couple of things to work on before next weekend. I think they prefer combination of Treacy and Jackson over Reidy and Jackson.

Last edited:
The fact that Voss is playing. He had played all pre-season games makes me think he is right in the mix for a forward role - giving him a couple of things to work on before next weekend. I think they prefer combination of Treacy and Jackson alto Reidy and Jackson.

Voss is a strange inclusion for Peel.

Walker, Wagner and Sharp had limited minutes in the pre season so it makes sense.

Williams and Knobel are probably in a group of 5-6 players at the club that are quite unlikely to play at all this season. The others are probably all first year players so maybe the club is easing them in.

Voss really falls into neither of the above categories having played most of the pre season and probably being in with a chance of playing round one.

I reckon Voss playing is an indication he is in for round 1. They are just getting him to work on a few things. He wasn’t in the reckoning but with injury to Darcy and quite frankly the abominable form of Tabs right at the min this has pushed him up and they just want to get a bit more touch into him. He played in the second string lot against West Coast.

If anyone goes I’ll be very interested if Voss gets tapped out early. A real indication that he is a lock for round 1.

Sadly from what I’ve seen Reidy isn’t quite ready. Tabs and Sturt well underdone and then that leaves Voss and Banfield. Banfield has barely played in the two practice games.

Reidy was thrust into the action more than expected on weekend and didn’t fare well. Josh Treacy after struggling for 3 quarters was moved on ball in the last and did much better (aside from crazy bullet handballs).

I reckon Voss playing is an indication he is in for round 1. They are just getting him to work on a few things. He wasn’t in the reckoning but with injury to Darcy and quite frankly the abominable form of Tabs right at the min this has pushed him up and they just want to get a bit more touch into him. He played in the second string lot against West Coast.

If anyone goes I’ll be very interested if Voss gets tapped out early. A real indication that he is a lock for round 1.

Sadly from what I’ve seen Reidy isn’t quite ready. Tabs and Sturt well underdone and then that leaves Voss and Banfield. Banfield has barely played in the two practice games.

Reidy was thrust into the action more than expected on weekend and didn’t fare well. Josh Treacy after struggling for 3 quarters was moved on ball in the last and did much better (aside from crazy bullet handballs).
Of all the options I thought Reidy was least impressive, well below AFL grade.

Of all the options I thought Reidy was least impressive, well below AFL grade.
No argument from me. Was a good initiation for him. He knows what he has to do step up. Sadly for him though he played himself out of round one and will need to go work on the things he stuffed up. A couple of times with mistakes and free kicks against he dropped his head.

My concern with Reidy is lack of mobility.

Anyway he got taught a lesson. Not writing him off but he would need take on the lessons and improve or else he will be goneski at end of the year.

Posters saying he was recruited to play ruck and with Darcy out he needs to play is rubbish. He just isn’t good enough (at moment). He would create a liability issue for us.

Brisbane go with one ruckman and pinch with Daniher etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we don't play Voss Round 1 we're a bunch of stubborn Aholes.

Has shown more than Treacy and good footy IQ will compliment Amiss perfectly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back