People who are disliked by pretty much everyone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Same as McGowan here unfortunately.
No accountability when the opposition is non-existent

Maybe I'm missing something (hey there's every chance), but I'm not sure why Michael O'Brien wasn't at least having a press conference a week during all the lockdowns, so many things that Andrews was doing that needed to be challenged. Or maybe reporters weren't interested in what he had to say? I dunno

Maybe I'm missing something (hey there's every chance), but I'm not sure why Michael O'Brien wasn't at least having a press conference a week during all the lockdowns, so many things that Andrews was doing that needed to be challenged. Or maybe reporters weren't interested in what he had to say? I dunno
Would have been difficult politically to do it in a way that was constructive, and not coming across as simply trying to score political points in a crisis. Also it wasn't really policy up for discussion, the government were well and truly in executive mode and to be frank opposition parties struggle for cut through even normally in non-election times. When the pandemic was in full flight the public wanted to know what was being done about it and how it would affect them.

Generally speaking, in a crisis Australians expect governments to act. Criticism in crises usually only gains traction if it is due to inactions (think fires, floods, etc). Holes could be picked at here and there in the Andrews Government response but it would have been way too tough a task to maintain a critical narrative without looking like a whinger or someone who didn't appreciate the gravity of the situation.

Also it was all happening so fast. The opposition would not (I don't think?) have the same access to the data, the health bureaucrats etc. It would be too easy to dismiss what they had to say as uninformed.

Last edited:

Taking potshots at Victoria during the toughest days of the pandemic was arguably the beginning of the end for Josh Frydenberg's political career.

The Liberals just don't have the talent or the tact. Their strategy is criticising everything the government does and that doesn't work in a pandemic. O'Brien, Guy or whoever is in charge would have been much better served, instead of blindly going on attack mode, to adopt a consultative approach "We appreciate the difficult circumstances and tough decisions that need to be made, but we urge the Premier to consider..." that's how they'd build support, outside the people who already have their vote or at least their preference. Problem is, who can do that from this mob?

Dan Andrews gets stuff done (by no means perfectly), his social media compared to the Vic Libs is the Golden State Warriors against the mid-week section 4 mixed competition at your local stadium and he has a useless opposition. And no doubt the latter is probably the most important point, but the former two also help.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Taking potshots at Victoria during the toughest days of the pandemic was arguably the beginning of the end for Josh Frydenberg's political career.

The Liberals just don't have the talent or the tact. Their strategy is criticising everything the government does and that doesn't work in a pandemic. O'Brien, Guy or whoever is in charge would have been much better served, instead of blindly going on attack mode, to adopt a consultative approach "We appreciate the difficult circumstances and tough decisions that need to be made, but we urge the Premier to consider..." that's how they'd build support, outside the people who already have their vote or at least their preference. Problem is, who can do that from this mob?

Dan Andrews gets stuff done (by no means perfectly), his social media compared to the Vic Libs is the Golden State Warriors against the mid-week section 4 mixed competition at your local stadium and he has a useless opposition. And no doubt the latter is probably the most important point, but the former two also help.
Daniel Andrews can gagf and Josh Fryendberg can join him on the same bus. It is absolutely hilarious that if Frydenberg had have just shut his trap, he'd be leader of the opposition with every chance of being the next PM.

The fact that a state the size of Victoria can't have at least two people who would make a respected leader is insane.

Daniel Andrews can gagf and Josh Fryendberg can join him on the same bus. It is absolutely hilarious that if Frydenberg had have just shut his trap, he'd be leader of the opposition with every chance of being the next PM.

The fact that a state the size of Victoria can't have at least two people who would make a respected leader is insane.

I'd argue that plenty of people respect Dan Andrews. Matthew Guy could conceivably win the election if he were up against a Scott Morrison.

Does anybody still like Elon other than the people that work for him?
I don't think a lot of people that work for him like him, it's more fanbois on the internet

Found the fanboi

Elon is on record as being anti-union and having anti-worker rights views. It's easy to imagine those who work for him also hate him.
Can't say I would even give him a millisecond of thought at all. I just find it amusing people who pretend these individuals are somehow worse than every other multinational company operating in the world just because they tweet.

Can't say I would even give him a millisecond of thought at all.
Proof you don't think when posting?
I just find it amusing people who pretend these individuals are somehow worse than every other multinational company operating in the world just because they tweet.
Got nothing to do with tweeting, he's a pretty well documented arsehole and the thread isn't multinational corporations disliked by pretty much everybody.

Still calling you a fanboi

Proof you don't think when posting?

Got nothing to do with tweeting, he's a pretty well documented arsehole and the thread isn't multinational corporations disliked by pretty much everybody.

Still calling you a fanboi
So he has heaps of "fanbois" (ok Dad) and the thread is as per name and I'm off base? Ok :tearsofjoy:

You're not near as clever as you think lad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back