Opinion Petition for a new logo?

We need a new logo

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I've always thought it would be nice to get something SA related in the logo - like an outline of the state. I've had a mess around with the CFS logo, but I have no photoshop skills so can't get very far. Obviously it needs a crow graphic.. but just a thought.
This is the greatest work of art I have ever seen. I will accept no substitute.

I've always thought it would be nice to get something SA related in the logo - like an outline of the state. I've had a mess around with the CFS logo, but I have no photoshop skills so can't get very far. Obviously it needs a crow graphic.. but just a thought.
While I like it I think it's reminiscent of Ports postcode problem

Trying to engage Australia wide can be limiting if you have a state outline

IMG_7693.png

While I like it I think it's reminiscent of Ports postcode problem

Trying to engage Australia wide can be limiting if you have a state outline
What is the point of engaging Australia wide?

Seriously, how many people are actually going to pick a club in a different state, instead of a team they can watch every second week (more if they’re Vic)? It’s such a small market that it’s pointless aiming towards.

As a club, we are at our best when we embrace our history as the state’s team, and try and capture the support of South Australians. Especially while Port are trying to promote themselves as a suburban club from the past.

What is the point of engaging Australia wide?

Seriously, how many people are actually going to pick a club in a different state, instead of a team they can watch every second week (more if they’re Vic)? It’s such a small market that it’s pointless aiming towards.

As a club, we are at our best when we embrace our history as the state’s team, and try and capture the support of South Australians. Especially while Port are trying to promote themselves as a suburban club from the past.
So all the posters who live in Qld , NSW, WA and Vic should all piss off and support another team?

Ok Roop

I'd be ok if the club down the route of crow in a similar vane to collingwoods magpie, as opposed to weird bird heads like WCE and hawthorn (and our current logo)

Just something simple. Doesn't need to look aggressive or flying (or a ridiculous cartoon raptor)

So all the posters who live in Qld , NSW, WA and Vic should all piss off and support another team?

Ok Roop
That’s not what I’m saying.

If you choose to support us and live in another state then by all means welcome.

But our target demographic should be South Australians. Not including imagery that embraces that in our logo, jumper etc to appeal to people outside the state would be silly.

This is the greatest work of art I have ever seen. I will accept no substitute.
Hope you are being sarcastic here mate (for a very rare time)! Looks like the Foodland type logo doesn’t it And certainly doesn’t jump out to me as an attractive, viable option. Also, with “SA” already in our theme song not sure we want to be emphasising further our state when the team is made up mainly of non SA lads

Just not sure why our away strip doesn’t become the Gather Round / Lions GAME away strip. To me it looks awesome and dark colours always more palatable (fashionable) compared to red, white and yellow stripey things

Last edited:
Hope you are being sarcastic here mate (for a very rare time)! Looks like the Foodland type logo doesn’t it And certainly doesn’t jump out to me as an attractive, viable option. Also, with “SA” already in our theme song not sure we want to be emphasising further our state when the team is made up mainly of non SA lads
Yeah, I'm just messing around. :)

Just not sure why our away strip doesn’t become the Gather Round / Lions GAME away strip. To me it looks awesome and dark colours always more palatable (fashionable) compared to red, white and yellow stripey things
Because it would not function as an away jumper.

Couldn’t wear it against Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon, Fremantle, Melbourne, Richmond or St Kilda. It was barely functional against Brisbane.

Because it would not function as an away jumper.

Couldn’t wear it against Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon, Fremantle, Melbourne, Richmond or St Kilda. It was barely functional against Brisbane.
Ok fair enough. But can it be used against the other half of the teams then? With one of our current (monstrosities) used for the above clubs?

Ps overall I would have thoughts the Lions jumper is one of the closer colour combos to ours and being at that game there wasn’t a trace of clash IMO. Just watched the first 2 mins of highlights on Kayo now and genuinely don’t think it’s an issue vs Lions, and perhaps some of the other clubs mentioned

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isn’t the term RADelaide a bit of a pisstake thing though? Of the 5 main capital cities, where does ADL sit on the spectrum of conservatism to radical??..

giphy.gif

Ok fair enough. But can it be used against the other half of the teams then? With one of our current (monstrosities) used for the above clubs?

Ps overall I would have thoughts the Lions jumper is one of the closer colour combos to ours and being at that game there wasn’t a trace of clash IMO. Just watched the first 2 mins of highlights on Kayo now and genuinely don’t think it’s an issue vs Lions, and perhaps some of the other clubs mentioned
For the teams that the gather round jumper doesn’t clash with we can continue to wear the home jumper as we already do. See games against GWS, Geelong, Bulldogs, Gold Coast and West Coast.

The red jumper is necessary against all the others (I think it would be better if we still had the yellow one as well as an option for games against teams with red in their jumper).

I actually like the look of the red jumper, and it’s as close to being our traditional strip as possible. Having it be the ressies jumper as well helps with that club identity.

I disagree with you that the gather round jumper didn’t clash with Brisbane. It was okay, but there was not enough contrast for modern AFL footy.

What would you propose we use as a clash strip for majority navy/black/purple?

I'd be perfectly fine with wearing the Gather Round jumper more often and even expanding to more jumpers.

It's 2023, if some of these dinosaur Victorian clubs want to stick with the same jumper they've had for 200 years let them.

There are big teams in various sporting comps around the world that almost wear a different jumper a week.

The hoops will always be there as well.

I'd be perfectly fine with wearing the Gather Round jumper more often and even expanding to more jumpers.

It's 2023, if some of these dinosaur Victorian clubs want to stick with the same jumper they've had for 200 years let them.

There are big teams in various sporting comps around the world that almost wear a different jumper a week.

The hoops will always be there as well.
I want the gather round jumper to be seen much more often.
I also want merch based on it. Would be awesome.

Back