Opinion Petition for a new logo?

We need a new logo

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The other thing worth mentioning I think regarding a new logo is that, if we were to go with some brand new idea, AFL would already have had to apply for the trademark rights as that kind of thing takes a long time to be approved. Based on Silvers response in the Q&A session, I suspect that we are going to be announcing something soon which does not leave much time for such an application to happen. A trademark application would have to be approved before we can announce the new logo.

The most likely scenario to me is that we will be going back to the laser crow, the AFL still retains the rights to that logo under the right classes which allows us to switch back without much effort at all (in comparison to something brand new). That plus they have seen how well the gather round guernsey sold, it seems pretty evident that this is what the people want.

The other thing worth mentioning I think regarding a new logo is that, if we were to go with some brand new idea, AFL would already have had to apply for the trademark rights as that kind of thing takes a long time to be approved. Based on Silvers response in the Q&A session, I suspect that we are going to be announcing something soon which does not leave much time for such an application to happen. A trademark application would have to be approved before we can announce the new logo.

The most likely scenario to me is that we will be going back to the laser crow, the AFL still retains the rights to that logo under the right classes which allows us to switch back without much effort at all (in comparison to something brand new). That plus they have seen how well the gather round guernsey sold, it seems pretty evident that this is what the people want.
I don't think we would go back to our original logo. I think that would be a poor move, as it is a dated look.

I don't think we would go back to our original logo. I think that would be a poor move, as it is a dated look.
I don't think we will go back to an exact copy of it, but say something refreshed but similar enough to comply with the existing IP and a more modern typeface (the text of the old one does not fall under the existing trademark, we can do whatever we want with that)

Yeah previously with teams new logos sometimes they have leaked out through the registering of the IP but based on the Silvers answer did a deep search today and nothing new is registered through IP Australia yet so if it was anything new don’t know if it’s coming that soon especially given 2024 training gear would’ve already probably been printed and produced by O’Neills over in Ireland.

printed and produced by O’Neills over in Ireland.
That's another thing I noticed, O'Neills does not feature us on their website presently. I can not speak for whether it is a new thing or if its recent as I haven't actually looked before this week, but while they do feature the Adelaide Hockey Club, Penrith Panthers and even the Wagga Wagga Crows, there is nothing there to indicate as far as I can tell that they produce anything for the Adelaide Crows at this stage. If we have parted ways with O'Neills would it be something that would already have been announced or what? I don't remember whats happened with the last change of manufacturers

That's another thing I noticed, O'Neills does not feature us on their website presently. I can not speak for whether it is a new thing or if its recent as I haven't actually looked before this week, but while they do feature the Adelaide Hockey Club, Penrith Panthers and even the Wagga Wagga Crows, there is nothing there to indicate as far as I can tell that they produce anything for the Adelaide Crows at this stage. If we have parted ways with O'Neills would it be something that would already have been announced or what? I don't remember whats happened with the last change of manufacturers
I thought we recently extended the deal?

On CPH2333 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nah will still be with them given the 2-year extension signed with them late last year which I think runs until 2025.

Still appear on their Australian website: https://teamwear.oneills.com/en/australasia/home

Along with an old friend…
IMG_3063.jpeg

IMG_3063.jpeg
Didn't notice that, happy to stand corrected

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon there’s a strong correlation between people who don’t like it and those (few) who like the current one.
Someone likes the current one???

I think a good logo is a lot less important than good quality clothes etc in the merch store. Does anyone know Collingwood’s logo? It doesn’t really matter that much.
It spoils good quality merch and deters many people I know from buying.

Collingwood's logo was absolutely everywhere this year and looked professional, clear and classy.

It spoils good quality merch and deters many people I know from buying.

Collingwood's logo was absolutely everywhere this year and looked professional, clear and classy.

Footy fans wearing any sort of merchandise and the term 'classy' seems a bit of a contradiction.

Like getting the Angus burger at Maccas, it's still Maccas 😄.

Back