Toast PF = Collingwood 58-57 GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Me in the last 5 minutes
Excited Homer Simpson GIF
Me too, I copped an alert/warning from my Apple Watch regarding an elevated heart rate whilst appearing to be sitting still and not exercising between 10 & 10:15pm. This magnificent club will be the death of us

You think so? I’m the opposite. Will need a massive turnaround in performance next week, and I’m not sure we have it in us.
Firstly I don't think the bye was good for us you can practice and train as much as you like but there is nothing like an actual game and the pressure that comes with it. Secondly the forward line wasn't as functional as usual but our defence held well I thought.

GWS are a good team and really tested us and against odds we held on.

Shame about McStay as he will be a huge loss.

Naicos didnt celebrate straight away at the final siren, he went straight over to console Toby Greene..
A beautiful empathatic human being showing true class.

Pressure pressure pressure - that’s what wins GF’s. To apply, sustain and endure it.

Our pressure was immense in patches tonight, but outside those patches we were ripped open. Was terrifying to watch. That’s what is worrying me sick.

GWS were also outstanding, and may be the second best team after us. That is my only hope - that we’ve already beaten the next best.

A very anxious week coming up!

Last edited:
I'd go this way to be honest. He at least provides a contest and is more of a wildcard than Frampton. Should have played a game or two later in the year to be more confident doing that though.
Play Frampton in the Ruck and Cameron in Dans role?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:hearts:Jordy
:hearts:IQ
:hearts:Murphy
:hearts:Crisp

That's it for now, more when I have watched replay.

Also, don't think the bye helped us and we should be much better next week.
Yep.
That last part is so true.
A good reminder to play with more dare.
(Think Nick will go ballistic next week).

JDG was just immense.
IQ, Murph & Howey - hell, the whole backline were really good.
Crispy a bit fumbly at times but very important.

Team defense held up again.

Our pressure was immense in patches tonight, but outside those patches we were ripped open. Was terrifying to watch. That’s what is worrying me sick.

GWS were also outstanding, and may be the second best team after us. That is my only hope - that we’ve already beaten the next best.

We beat them at their own game, our run in the first and 3rd combined with a Clearance smashing in the second half.
Don’t underestimate how good we were - we’ll hear enough of how unlucky GWS were from commentators.

STEP ONE: Fly out tomorrow morning to Bangkok; change to domestic flight to Chiang Mai.
STEP TWO: Taxi up to near Chiang Rai for 2 or 3 days of opium-enhanced dreamy sleep by the river.
STEP THREE: Reverse trip in time for captain's run, and a bit more sleep.
STEP FOUR: Witness our next premiership, but take it a bit easy in the celebrations as you've had a pretty big week, VP.

You Farkin Beauty!!!!!.....

Finally home, and still hasn't sunk in, we're into our 45th Grand Final. Even that number of GF's amaze me...
Never been to a game feeling nervous, anxious, scared and on edge, practically the whole game.
I thought in that second quarter when the Giants got a run on, we were in a bit of bother. They seemed to have their run and carry game going their mids were getting on top, and l thought this was the end of our season coming, so the flatness and the depressive state was starting to set in....
Then came our run in that third quarter. For us to kick 5 out of the next 6 goals, was brilliant. We were sitting right along the fence (Row B), and when McCreery kicked that goal to put us ahead, down our end, l have never heard a roar like it. It verberated through me.
DeGoey has made his name as a genuine super star of the competition, he was awesome. Thought our midfield were special in that second half. I think we ended up smashing them in clearances, with our big clearance last quarter.
Quaynor was fantastic, Howey very good, as to was Crispy. I thought both Cox and Cameron stood up. Naicos needed the run, but l still thought he was influential at times, particularly when he went to HB. Pendles and Sidey, just showed their class and experience all night. Fantastic for these two to get into another GF...
Hopefully McStay is given every opportunity to play in the GF.....!!!

20230922_191946.jpg

Hodge looks filthy 🤣🤣🤣

This farking see you next Tuesday is always commentating our games and is oblivious to us as a team. He just watches the opposition and tells us what they need to do. He is absurdly biased and has the worst voice in commentary and if we play Brisbane and he is commentating, there needs to be a book depository or a grassy knoll close by...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back