Toast PF = Collingwood 58-57 GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

IM IN MALLORCA BUT WILL BE AT MCG NEXT SATURDAY!!!
I LOVE THE PIES!!!
I’m on a plane to Madrid. Had 1hr free but crappy wifi. Bloody thing wouldn’t refresh after Q4 27mins. Thought my hour was done. Then a text from my Dad: “Pies win by one point!” Best text I ever received.

Any tips on watching in Spain? Doubt there’ll be a pub showing it at 0630 in San Sebastián. Worse, I’ll be offered 2x gf tix but won’t be there 😩.

So I only saw bits as was trying to board a plane, then minimum wifi. I’m lucky to even know the result tbh. Approaching Doha…

What are the key takeouts?
1. Were we lucky?
2. How was Nick, 0-100% medically?
3. McStay McGone?
4. Any report or concussion concerns?
5. Any other injuries? I saw something about Moore ankle?

So I only saw bits as was trying to board a plane, then minimum wifi. I’m lucky to even know the result tbh. Approaching Doha…

What are the key takeouts?
1. Were we lucky?
2. How was Nick, 0-100% medically?
3. McStay McGone?
4. Any report or concussion concerns?
5. Any other injuries? I saw something about Moore ankle?
1. Partially, we weren’t carried to it by the umps like all the salty neutrals are saying
2. Started slow but looked like the usual Nick in the second half
3. No idea yet, let’s hope for a Murph like miracle
4. No
5. Think Dan was the only injury concern

There were a number of times when we were absolutely unlucky with the bounce of the ball, but that s**t happens. I thought the better team won in the end, but GWS put up a great fight and gave us a hell of a fright.

GF here we come.

just exchanged a man nod and thumbs-ups with Jason McCartney at airport

(He had his GWS kit and bigger guns than me)

Collingwood scarves are staking out a colours war with the Carlton campaigners flying to Brisbane

just exchanged a man nod and thumbs-ups with Jason McCartney at airport

(He had his GWS kit and bigger guns than me)

Collingwood scarves are staking out a colours war with the Carlton campaigners flying to Brisbane

‘Man nod’? Love it. Did it look like this:

I Hear You Nod GIF by The Bachelorette

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Mason Cox was magnificent from the start to finish of the clash. His clutch goal and double digit hit outs to advantage were a huge part of our victory. I still find it staggering that there are those who want him out of the team.

This has been Coxy's best season l can remember. His ruck work has been excellent, and gone to another level.
His workrate last night was fantastic, and was a huge part as to why we won clearances by 18.....

Last edited:
I’m on a plane to Madrid. Had 1hr free but crappy wifi. Bloody thing wouldn’t refresh after Q4 27mins. Thought my hour was done. Then a text from my Dad: “Pies win by one point!” Best text I ever received.

Any tips on watching in Spain? Doubt there’ll be a pub showing it at 0630 in San Sebastián. Worse, I’ll be offered 2x gf tix but won’t be there .

How much do you want for those tickets?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Stressful last Q, but far from a "lucky" win. We were well on top and not really challenged. 16-9 i50s in the last. Never headed.

After cutting the lead to 1 with 6:20 to go, they had 1 real opportunity, Sidey marking Greene's attempt on the line with 4 mins to go. They barely even got it forward again, and didn't come close to scoring.

As through most of the night, we should have scored more goals in the last, but comfortably controlled the game. If a 1 point win can be comfortable, this was it.

In a night of firsts, I took my wife to her first prelim. I warned her she would see a different side of me than usual.

Turns out the roles were reversed. She was up and about, putting some loud mouth GWS supporters in their place, keeping me positive and providing some excellent insight during general play.

She even stayed up with me for bourbons and the replay on Kayo and took great delight in seeing Toby in tears (“what a see you next Tuesday”).

I am deeply in love with my wife and my club this morning.

In a night of firsts, I took my wife to her first prelim. I warned her she would see a different side of me than usual.

Turns out the roles were reversed. She was up and about, putting some loud mouth GWS supporters in their place, keeping me positive and providing some excellent insight during general play.

She even stayed up with me for bourbons and the replay on Kayo and took great delight in seeing Toby in tears (“what a see you next Tuesday”).

I am deeply in love with my wife and my club this morning.
Jesus no wonder you married her

Looking at at the main board , there is a lot of talk about all the non GWS free kicks, am I missing something but I don't believe I saw any obvious non calls.

Losers who will need to find a third bandwagon for the year because their own teams are dog s**t.

I'll assume most of them have club supporter: melbourne in their profile.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back