Player Watch Pick #16 (2016) - Todd Marshall

Remove this Banner Ad

What does everyone think of his brother working, or managing as BT suggested, the Port store?

Initial thoughts were distaste, but then I remembered what that family has been through and with context I don't have an issue with the club supporting them...

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

the club has made it certain he will be a 200 gamer so may as well go all out. port adelaide is all about comfy feel good belonging and job security. they have the safest jobs in the ******* world our players.

Westy and Marshall are similar types both as frustrating as hell. Their best was unbelievable but their worst was so so bad.

But I know which one I would trust backing into a pack to take a mark or standing under a footy to take a mark.

And it ain’t Marshall.

Indefensibly dumb comments like this are exactly why Philthy has to constantly clog up this thread with stats telling Marshall detractors how ridiculous they're being.

Marshall's best was a 45 goal year in 2022 which he followed up with a 36 goal year last year. Westhoff never kicked more than 34 goals in his fourteen AFL seasons.
Counterpoint: HOFF HOFF HOFF

Todd is only ever gonna be a half decent forward, his best period was a 10-15 game streak in 2022, most importantly when dixon was injured and he was the main guy. The main difference is the team stopped just bombing it into the forward line and actually looked for his lead and the team was setting up different in the period that gave him a much more open forward line. Personally i think MG or JF can give you just as much as what Todd does for the next 5 years and i wouldnt be against trading him if you got something good in return. The main reason being the difference between him and JF is minimal but the contract difference would be quite a lot and Todd has genuine trade value right now. The future forward talls should be MG, JF and OL or OL, Todd and JF over the next 4 years. I think one should be traded to bolster the midfield

Todd is only ever gonna be a half decent forward, his best period was a 10-15 game streak in 2022, most importantly when dixon was injured and he was the main guy. The main difference is the team stopped just bombing it into the forward line and actually looked for his lead and the team was setting up different in the period that gave him a much more open forward line. Personally i think MG or JF can give you just as much as what Todd does for the next 5 years and i wouldnt be against trading him if you got something good in return. The main reason being the difference between him and JF is minimal but the contract difference would be quite a lot and Todd has genuine trade value right now. The future forward talls should be MG, JF and OL or OL, Todd and JF over the next 4 years. I think one should be traded to bolster the midfield
Finlayson has the same problems as Marshall but worse. I don't think he is the answer.

Finlayson has the same problems as Marshall but worse. I don't think he is the answer.
Statistically speaking, Finlayson is having a far superior season to Todd Marshall. Even Todd’s supposed strength (goal kicking accuracy), is below AFL average for KPFs (39.1%).

At 25, he should be entering into the most productive years of his AFL career, but unfortunately he’s trending in the other direction. At this rate he’ll be delisted before he sees out his 5 year contract extension.

What does everyone think of his brother working, or managing as BT suggested, the Port store?

Initial thoughts were distaste, but then I remembered what that family has been through and with context I don't have an issue with the club supporting them...

This sort of "nepotism" of sorts occurs in literally every industry. I don't think it's an issue regardless of what his family have been through. It's just normal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back