Lonie is the AFL Rising Star for round 14

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done Jack! I honestly didn't know what to expect when we drafted him at #41 but he has done nothing but impress me from his 1st game. He is going to be an absolute star.

It doesn't necessarily appear in the stats here but his pressure, intensity and 1%ers are so valuable. I love how he's constantly nipping at the heels of the opposition and forcing them to cough it up.

CJOTM0wWcAANcuC.jpg

I'm just in the VIP Media Room reviewing the vision from the weekend's game.* His first quarter pass off the instep to Membrey was a thing of beauty, but more to the point he does it every week. His vision is unbelievable.

*watching on the phone in the kitchen.

Next weeks rising star.

2015 rising star winner is OWEN...

St.Kilda!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember reading an article after the draft last year where they interviewed the top ten picks and asked them a series of questions, one of which was "who do you think is most likely to succeed from the draft crop". From memory Lonie's name came up twice.

I remember reading an article after the draft last year where they interviewed the top ten picks and asked them a series of questions, one of which was "who do you think is most likely to succeed from the draft crop". From memory Lonie's name came up twice.
Tom Lamb

If Lonie continues the way he is going, he will be better than Milne
Settle down a bit there, you can't say he will be the greatest small forward of all time after he's played 13 games. We will get a better idea around the 100-200 game mark.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously, Milne was a complete freak in spite of all his other football deficiencies. Never seen and probably never will again see someone with the goal sense he had.

But Lonie is a different type of player to Milne anyway and a super exciting player at that. Congratulations, the kid has it!

Well done Jack! I honestly didn't know what to expect when we drafted him at #41 but he has done nothing but impress me from his 1st game. He is going to be an absolute star.

It doesn't necessarily appear in the stats here but his pressure, intensity and 1%ers are so valuable. I love how he's constantly nipping at the heels of the opposition and forcing them to cough it up.

CJOTM0wWcAANcuC.jpg

Just noted he is No 1 in the AFL this year for pressure acts .

Beating a few big names too.

Someone should tell Gerard Healey .

Can't compare lonie to Milne.. They are both short and clever.. Comparison ends there...

I don't think lonie is going to kick bags consistently but I think he will develop into a reasonably good possession winner as a high half forward.. More the role Schneider plays now but obviously a lot better... Love this kid..

Only thing I don't like and I hope he doesn't continue is the occasional staging for frees.. Think he will grow out of that though he's a great kid

Watched the game twice since and Lonie was unbelievable. Big Jonno Brown compared his kick to Simon Black.
His smother directly resulted in a goal. So quick thinking with him and Sinks. It's like having 2 Milneys but with manic fwd pressure.

If you want a laugh, look at some of the twitter responses to Patrick Keane from supporters of Collingwood, West Coast, Carlton & Essendon.

HIGH-larious.

The gist seems to be 'I didn't watch Jack play but insert player here deserves it more!'

Never mind he was named on the HFF for the AFL's team of the week

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back