Game Day Round 14, 2023: Richmond v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
QhyuCV7.gif

Huge month coming up if we're to have any chance of finishing top four. We simply have to beat the Tiges, then we have Lions, Eagles, Dees. Obviously we're up against the Lions and the Dees in trying to nab fourth spot, we'll have to win at least one of those to be a chance. Both those teams have had the wood over us for quite a while, though I do think we're a good chance against the Lions at Marvel next week. They seem a bit flaky at the moment, particularly away from home.

Having said that, tonight's game almost seems like a 50/50. They've shown a bit of form the last few weeks and are always a bit tricky at the 'G.

One week at a time boys, get it done!

In Granada at the moment, so won't be hearing much about this one. 35 degrees at the moment...and just finished a plate of Los gambones and mussels. Will celebrate our win with a chilled vermut, or jug of Sangria tomorrow.
Buena's noches amigo's.
Yeah well one time when I was a kid I bought a paddle pop with $1 I found and then I immediately won another free paddle pop

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dammit i forgot about the game when i told my young bloke i'd take him to the movies.
Not used to the Saints playing prime time.

Though its usually the prime time games when they disgrace themselves.
That may be old news. We absolutely sucked last year in prime time, but we're 4-1 on Thur/Fri/Sat night this year.

But, you know. I am more certain that we'll lose tonight than I have been about a game in years, and it's going to be cold, windy and wet. So a warm cinema could definitely be the better option!

In Granada at the moment, so won't be hearing much about this one. 35 degrees at the moment...and just finished a plate of Los gambones and mussels. Will celebrate our win with a chilled vermut, or jug of Sangria tomorrow.
Buena's noches amigo's.
:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu: Ahh memories - although our go to drink for hot days (cold days, any day) was the Tinto Vernano rather than that touristy sangria s***. Too much fruit for my liking.

Tinto Verano (Summer wine) - get a big glass, add a slice of lemon, heaps of ice, some cheap red wine and then top it up with Solo - will definitely be my preferred summer bbq drink from now on.

That may be old news. We absolutely sucked last year in prime time, but we're 4-1 on Thur/Fri/Sat night this year.

But, you know. I am more certain that we'll lose tonight than I have been about a game in years, and it's going to be cold, windy and wet. So a warm cinema could definitely be the better option!

Not even easy to check the scores though.

Huge month coming up if we're to have any chance of finishing top four. We simply have to beat the Tiges, then we have Lions, Eagles, Dees. Obviously we're up against the Lions and the Dees in trying to nab fourth spot, we'll have to win at least one of those to be a chance. Both those teams have had the wood over us for quite a while, though I do think we're a good chance against the Lions at Marvel next week. They seem a bit flaky at the moment, particularly away from home.

Having said that, tonight's game almost seems like a 50/50. They've shown a bit of form the last few weeks and are always a bit tricky at the 'G.

One week at a time boys, get it done!

We have actually stacked up pretty well against the Lions in the last couple of years. Even when we were s**t we ran them close. I think if we are going to knock off a big scalp the Lions in Melbourne is the one.

Buena's noches amigo's.

My wife wants to go there next year to see the Alhambra. Let us know how you go. I have a mate with a Spanish wife and they keep giving us ridiculous itineraries that make it seems hard work but looks amazing. Enjoy the weather, it's ******* freezing here.

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu: Ahh memories - although our go to drink for hot days (cold days, any day) was the Tinto Vernano rather than that touristy sangria s***. Too much fruit for my liking.

Tinto Verano (Summer wine) - get a big glass, add a slice of lemon, heaps of ice, some cheap red wine and then top it up with Solo - will definitely be my preferred summer bbq drink from now on.

Sangria tastes like arse. My mates wife makes it and I have to politely drink it. She also makes gazpacho which is s**t too. They are two of the most overrated things on earth.

My wife wants to go there next year to see the Alhambra. Let us know how you go. I have a mate with a Spanish wife and they keep giving us ridiculous itineraries that make it seems hard work but looks amazing. Enjoy the weather, it's ******* freezing here.
Granada is a great little place - but choose your time wisely - can get extremely hot! The interesting thing is that the Sierra Nevada range in the distance generally always has snow on top.

The Alhambra is definitely worth it, amazing place. And if you’re looking for other places nearby, we found Seville far more beautiful than Barcelona, with a little side trip to Córdoba, with its festival of the balconies in May.

Anyhow, back to the footy… nervous as usual. Par for the course with me. Also, woos that I am, will have to take my pepper money Saints blanket along tonight! 🙄

Granada is a great little place - but choose your time wisely - can get extremely hot! The interesting thing is that the Sierra Nevada range in the distance generally always has snow on top.

The Alhambra is definitely worth it, amazing place. And if you’re looking for other places nearby, we found Seville far more beautiful than Barcelona, with a little side trip to Córdoba, with its festival of the balconies in May.

Anyhow, back to the footy… nervous as usual. Par for the course with me. Also, woos that I am, will have to take my pepper money Saints blanket along tonight! 🙄
Agree with your view on Seville. Awesome town.

My experience from the last 2 months is that you can't see it all so why bother trying - relax and just enjoy what ever is in front of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back