Curto

Team Captain
Jan 31, 2005
South Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
The king of cowardly acts is at it again. Clearly hit Crowley after Johnstone kicked it, will get weeks. I would like to see 4, but probably only 2.

Gees he's weak.

Pickett vs Crowley

Pickett just cleaned up Crowley with a strong shepherd as he was chasing Johnstone who had kicked the ball.

The collision occurred as Johnstone's right foot (the kicking) foot had returned to the ground. His elbow was down, good hip and shoulder, definately not reportable as a strike or high contact. But, Barnesy just said he's off to hospital with a head injury.

KB has just given his opinion that it was OK, close enough to the ball.

It happened right in front of yellow maggot #26.

If Crowley had done exactly the same thing to Johnstone (the kicker), he'd be up for charging or at least a free kick. Why is it OK to take out a chaser after the ball has gone, but not the kicker?

Curto said:
The king of cowardly acts is at it again. Clearly hit Crowley after Johnstone kicked it, will get weeks. I would like to see 4, but probably only 2.

Gees he's weak.
You probably thought Giansiricusa should have gone, didn't you?

wagstaff said:
Unless it was further way then it looked on the replay, nothing wrong with it.
He was at least 2 m from Johnstone, and Johnstone's kicking foot had landed again.

The rule....

15.4.4 Charge or Charging
(a) A Charge means an act of colliding with an opposition Player where the amount of physical force used is unreasonable or unnecessary in the circumstances, irrespective of whether the Player is or is not in possession of the football or whether the Player is within 5 metres of the football.
(b) Without limiting the general application of Law 15.4.4 (a), a Charge occurs when a Player unreasonably or unnecessarily collides with an opposition Player:
(i) who is not within 5 metres of the football;
(ii) who, although within 5 metres of the football, is not in the immediate contest for the football and would not reasonably expect such contact;
(iii) who is attempting to Mark the football or who has Marked the football or been awarded a Free Kick;
(iv) after that Player has disposed of the football;
(v) who is Shepherding another Player on his or her Team; or
(vi) before the football is brought into play.​
Given it the ball had left the area was the "amount of physical force used unreasonable or unnecessary in the circumstances"?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Pickett vs Crowley

ThePope said:
. But, Barnesy just said he's off to hospital with a head injury.
Cost guys games before simply because of head injuries no matter how fair the bump was.:thumbsdown:

Re: Pickett vs Crowley

rayven said:
Cost guys games before simply because of head injuries no matter how fair the bump was.:thumbsdown:
He didn't seem to make contact with his head though... might have been when they hit the ground.

From the original front on view, the canary ran in after the bump, looking like he was about to pay a kick (but didn't). Maybe he was separating them on the groudnd.

Looked a fair bump, but Crowley was looking the other way so had absolutely no chance to brace for it. That's what caused the damage. (Hope he's not out for too long as our injury toll is beginning to mount.)

But back on topic, if Pickett played for your team, you'd be hailing his hardness. I know I would.

red+black said:
You probably thought Giansiricusa should have gone, didn't you?

Not at all, Kozi could have tackled or pressured the ball carrier, fair enuf to shepherd him. Crowley was observing Johhno's kick.

Pickett continually picks off guys that have their eye on the ball. Anyone who thinks he is in the Brown, Archer, Matthews mould should be ashamed of themselves. They put there head over the ball, Pickett just hurts players with uncourageous acts. That's weak not tough. Seen him squib it 5-6 times.

And for the record I think he's a great player and would love him in a pie jumper.

Gee, I reckon it was a fair bump too. Being Pickett, he'll probably get rubbed out. Nothing like the Waters one. Let's hope the panel give him a fair break. He was great for the Dees today.

Curto said:

Gees he's weak.

I would think there is quite a few eagles supporters who may have taken a bit of pleasure out of that hit if they saw it.

Some may even say he had it coming since London

He will get nothing! It was a touch late but fair. After all his gone thorugh im sure 100% nothing will happen.

Curto said:
Pickett continually picks off guys that have their eye on the ball. Anyone who thinks he is in the Brown, , Matthews mould should be ashamed of themselves. They put there head over the ball, Pickett just hurts players with uncourageous acts. That's weak not tough. Seen him squib it 5-6 times.

And for the record I think he's a great player and would love him in a pie jumper.
Well Brown has a good record at the tribunal.:rolleyes: and Matthews? Isnt it on tape him running up from behind king hitting a player miles off the ball?:confused:

Tredders66 said:
He will get nothing! It was a touch late but fair. After all his gone thorugh im sure 100% nothing will happen.

Thing is they have rubbed out other blokes in the past for being "a touch late". I don't think he should go but I wouldn't at all be surprised if he does.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back