Picola District FL - General Thread 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Did he Singh play together at Balranald ( spell ? ):D

They certainly did... In regards to Mathoura and their talls, rumour has it that Phillips has bought property in Yarroweyah and may play for them next season. Apparently Jarrod Tonta will most likely play at the Cutters next year. (You maybe able to confirm Pace?).

They certainly did... In regards to Mathoura and their talls, rumour has it that Phillips has bought property in Yarroweyah and may play for them next season. Apparently Jarrod Tonta will most likely play at the Cutters next year. (You maybe able to confirm Pace?).
Honestly have no idea who the club has or hasn't recruited or spoke to as I won't be returning to play at the club in 2010.
I'd think there would be a few who would be dissapointed , given where the club was at 2 year ago, if May was recruited to the club.
The club appeared to enjoy some success this last season on the back of the some increased committment to training, fitness, discipline and work ethic , which from what you hear aint Andrew May's greatest attributes.
I did here toward the end of the footy season that Jarrod Tonta was showing an interest to talk to the club, but did also here that he was returning to where he played juniors after a mid-season fall out at the Rams ??
Ian Phillips I don't think ended up purchasing a farm at Yarroweyah, but to my knowledge wasn't sure what he would be doing football wise at the end of last season.
For what its worth, in a recent riv herald article Ian ,Brendon Willoughby and Shane Railton , were all listed as retiring, I know at least 1 of these doesn't/didn't intend on retiring.

training started for rennie last night with great early numbers :) got a few solid players coming over from tassie early in the new year i hear and a couple of big local signings in the near future. I played on ramsdale when he was at nathalia and he can play a bit and i reckon hed be able to pull quite a few from yarra and mul so look out for the hoppers in 2010 :thumbsu:

Is Jarrod's brother Steve also going? and was there a falling out with the Rams as Pace suggested?

Honestly have no idea who the club has or hasn't recruited or spoke to as I won't be returning to play at the club in 2010.
I'd think there would be a few who would be dissapointed , given where the club was at 2 year ago, if May was recruited to the club.
The club appeared to enjoy some success this last season on the back of the some increased committment to training, fitness, discipline and work ethic , which from what you hear aint Andrew May's greatest attributes.
I did here toward the end of the footy season that Jarrod Tonta was showing an interest to talk to the club, but did also here that he was returning to where he played juniors after a mid-season fall out at the Rams ??
Ian Phillips I don't think ended up purchasing a farm at Yarroweyah, but to my knowledge wasn't sure what he would be doing football wise at the end of last season.
For what its worth, in a recent riv herald article Ian ,Brendon Willoughby and Shane Railton , were all listed as retiring, I know at least 1 of these doesn't/didn't intend on retiring.

I would have thought all three of these guys would be back at Mathoura next year as they all played in the semi final so i thought they would be keen to go around again.

They must have offered him 50 k Apeman ?

no mr football mathoura havent even spoke to him thats what he told bode to get more out of him i would say and blighty, but the club might ring him now :) personally has a big price on his head usually which a small town like mathoura prob couldn't keep up with his match payments as they would prob be on the lines of a first yr apprentice yearly wage for 20 weeks in total???? any way heard bode doesnt rate the guy as much as umpires do :) :) and wanted to cut his pay by more then half? any truth to that charlesmac or herb? also heard that a few guys from rams have been calling may and few others to go to training for rams tommorow night to see what its like and there maybe a little coin there for may, but gathering it being so hot they prob wont:)

no mr football mathoura havent even spoke to him thats what he told bode to get more out of him i would say and blighty, but the club might ring him now :) personally has a big price on his head usually which a small town like mathoura prob couldn't keep up with his match payments as they would prob be on the lines of a first yr apprentice yearly wage for 20 weeks in total???? any way heard bode doesnt rate the guy as much as umpires do :) :) and wanted to cut his pay by more then half? any truth to that charlesmac or herb? also heard that a few guys from rams have been calling may and few others to go to training for rams tommorow night to see what its like and there maybe a little coin there for may, but gathering it being so hot they prob wont:)

Wasnt at training to night mate. We were down the beach so he may:D have missed us. Get back to ya some time next week if he does show up!

Can tell you straight from the horses mouth that both those comments are not true.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whats going on PTF? Moving on, Body packing up or other commitments?

You should Never say Never, feet can start to get a bit itchy when you are watching.

do you want to cut mays pay? or is he just unhappy down there at rover land to want to leave?

I think any dealing between andrew and the club should remian between them and not really talk on big footy. all i can say is the above comments were incorrect and we would of loved him to be running around in the rovers colours next year but unfortunatly its not to be.

As for training tonight, god only knows. Great day for it.

I was told the Rovers made his deal conditional, ie training , attending club functions, and May refused the offer if conditional ??

I would very much doubt it. He didn't miss a lot of training sessions and was at most, if not all functions this year. He'll still remain friendly with most at the club. Wouldn't dwell on it too much, bottom line is that he won't be at Rovers next year.

hows the recruiting front going at yarra,picola,strathy and wunghnu
wouldnt be surprised if yarra benifit from cobrams recruiting

wunghnu and strathy are the only clubs that i no of that havnt announce coaches for next yr, anyone know whats going on

Fairly sure Wooden is going to coach Blighty again next season, he was always going to stay on as a player, but no one else has put their hand up to coach. Also believe Marty Brooks & Jake Platfuss may have signed there also.

Wrong. Maysie would of only missed one training run all year, and definetaly didnt miss any club functions.

I would very much doubt it. He didn't miss a lot of training sessions and was at most, if not all functions this year. He'll still remain friendly with most at the club. Wouldn't dwell on it too much, bottom line is that he won't be at Rovers next year.
Well your above reply also make a mockery of the rumours that he was sitting in the local, punting and playing the slot machines , instead of attending pre-season last year.:thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back