Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

wouldIlietoyou

All Australian
Dec 1, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Had a look at the Yarroweyah ground the other day - not a pretty sight. Fairdinkum!
I'll save you the trip to the NW. Yarraweyah volunteers might be short on time at the moment. i see you have a fair bit of time for idle chit chat perhaps you could offer them some help?? Cheers

ok any predictions of the ladder and medals???????
here is my stab at it
Waaia
tungamah
katunga
rennie
shepp east

katty
dookie
katandra
Goalkicking= L.james (tunga)
leauge medal= S. emmett (katunga)

ok any predictions of the ladder and medals???????
here is my stab at it
Waaia
tungamah
katunga
rennie
shepp east

katty
dookie
katandra
Goalkicking= L.james (tunga)
leauge medal= S. emmett (katunga)

My Prediction.
Waaia
Shepp East
Katunga
Tungamah
Rennie

Katty
Dookie
Katandra

Goalkicking- Mark Meyland (waaia) or Cowan (waaia) if he plays enough games
League Medal- Mark Brown (Katty) if they win more games which they should and he stays injury free.

The league is shaping up nicely all should be fairly even again, maybe Katandra seem to be off the pace a little at this stage, but are always hard come up against

Had a look at the Yarroweyah ground the other day - not a pretty sight. Fairdinkum!
I rekon you must have looked at a different ground I pass the ground nearly every day I have never seen it look that good .suggest you take a closer look.I am not affiiliated with NW side of the comp

Any news on katandra with recruiting?Will need to pick up a few to be any sort of force in 2013 ,HAVE lost good players in dan o reilly (shepp united ) nick bertoli (lancaster ass coach ) cam calder (shepp united ) Is it going to be a long season again for the" 2012" wooden spooners

Dan will play b flank will be more than handy back there .Cam might kick off in the 2s to start with very skillfull player ,would be walk up start in some other sides in gv ?

Has anyone heard that this years GF will be played at Rennie?? If so it will be the lowest crowd in history if rennie dont make it.I went to Katunga last year and watched, and was very impressed with there ground and facilities and great to watch footy from. Whats everyones thoughts on this?

Has anyone heard that this years GF will be played at Rennie?? If so it will be the lowest crowd in history if rennie dont make it.I went to Katunga last year and watched, and was very impressed with there ground and facilities and great to watch footy from. Whats everyones thoughts on this?
Yeah if Rennie do have it I can see it being just club supporters of Grand Final teams only as wouldn't get many non involved people traveling over! But that's just the way it's guna happen with this new rotation policy for Grand Final venues! Everyone gets a crack over the next 8 years then we start again....

Yeah if Rennie do have it I can see it being just club supporters of Grand Final teams only as wouldn't get many non involved people traveling over! But that's just the way it's guna happen with this new rotation policy for Grand Final venues! Everyone gets a crack over the next 8 years then we start again....

I can't see it being at the Rennie ground. I would if thought they would be playing it at Mul. That way there is no restriction on the liqueur licensing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't see it being at the Rennie ground. I would if thought they would be playing it at Mul. That way there is no restriction on the liqueur licensing.
Last time I checked Rennie and Mul were in the same state so the liquor licensing will be the same

Talking to 1 of the dookie players today he said Kenny McPhalin Campbell Marx Luke Harmer all coming back plus signed up 2 or 3 others. Maybe the big Ruck/CHB who played 3 or 4 games last year might make a return form his acl injury early last season. Cal & Lachy Whitehead, Jayden Thewma only players to leave the club at this point.

So do you honestly think the league would look at it & say " Nup, Rennie misses out on a Grand Final because they're in NSW & we can't sell as much grog if any"? That would be border line discrimination against Rennie, its not as if they're going to have it there every year, sometimes you just have to adapt to the circumstances for the situation!!

Ha mate. Just saying why they are having it in NSW and not VIC. Different rules.
Not sure if you are up to speed on this runaround....the league has brought in an 8 year rotation policy for finals where all clubs get a crack at holding the grand final and other finals as well. Fair system simple as that. Finals generate a good income for clubs hosting them as well as the opportunity to showcase your club to prospective sponsors maybe players etc only fair to distribute the opportunity in a fair manner across all clubs.

Not sure if you are up to speed on this runaround....the league has brought in an 8 year rotation policy for finals where all clubs get a crack at holding the grand final and other finals as well. Fair system simple as that. Finals generate a good income for clubs hosting them as well as the opportunity to showcase your club to prospective sponsors maybe players etc only fair to distribute the opportunity in a fair manner across all clubs.

Will finals still be allocated early and left the same if a participating club is hosting? There hae been a few examples of lower ranked teams gaining a home ground advantage.

Answered my own question;

South-east finals hosts

2013: Elimination, Dookie United; Qualifying, Shepparton East; Semi-finals, Katandra and Katamatite; Preliminary, Waaia; Grand final, Rennie. No finals, Katunga and Tungamah.

2014: Elimination, Katunga; Qualifying, Dookie United; Semi-finals, Shepparton East and Katandra; Preliminary, Katamatite; Grand final, Tungamah. No finals, Rennie and Waaia.

2015: Elimination, Rennie; Qualifying, Katunga; Semi-finals, Dookie United and Shepparton East; Preliminary, Katandra; Grand final, Waaia. No finals, Tungamah and Katamatite.

2016: Elimination, Tungamah; Qualifying, Rennie; Semi-finals, Katunga and Dookie United; Preliminary, Shepparton East; Grand final, Katamatite. No finals, Waaia and Katandra.

2017: Elimination, Waaia; Qualifying, Tungamah; Semi-finals, Rennie and Katunga; Preliminary, Dookie United; Grand final, Katandra. No finals, Katamatite and Shepparton East.

2018: Elimination, Katamatite; Qualifying, Waaia; Semi-finals, Tungamah and Rennie; Preliminary, Katunga; Grand final, Shepparton East. No finals, Katandra and Dookie United.

2019: Elimination, Katandra; Qualifying, Katamatite; Semi-finals, Waaia and Tungamah; Preliminary, Rennie; Grand final, Dookie United. No finals, Shepparton East and Katunga.

2020: Elimination, Shepparton East; Qualifying, Katandra; Semi-finals, Katamatite and Waaia; Preliminary, Tungamah; Grand final, Katunga. No finals, Dookie United and Rennie.

Will finals still be allocated early and left the same if a participating club is hosting? There hae been a few examples of lower ranked teams gaining a home ground advantage.
Couple things for organisational purposes venues have to be decided weeks out from finals so it wouldn't be 100% certainty to get it right even if you waited. I am sure plenty of teams have lost despite having a perceived home ground advantage so again not a 100% advantage or disadvantage. IMO This rotation system is 100% fair to all clubs.

Couple things for organisational purposes venues have to be decided weeks out from finals so it wouldn't be 100% certainty to get it right even if you waited. I am sure plenty of teams have lost despite having a perceived home ground advantage so again not a 100% advantage or disadvantage. IMO This rotation system is 100% fair to all clubs.

All great as long as the league remains unaltered for next 8 seasons. But yeah I like the idea.

I wonder if any clubs will 'load' up for a home grand final year?

All great as long as the league remains unaltered for next 8 seasons. But yeah I like the idea.
Of course that is always a possibility. Looking at the draws we could slot any newcomers in at the end of the line. No need to change the concept just alter the lineup to accommodate. So a new club may go two years without a final then they would get an elimination final and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back