Toast Pies post $3.4 million profit

Remove this Banner Ad

1. [*]7.53pm: STRANGE TIMING
    [*]Collingwood chose the middle of the draft to drop its financial result for 2015, a profit of $3,482,561. Not bad. Not bad at all.
Couldn't see a thread for this. The above is taken from the AFL site's draft blog.

Good to see off field management continuing to be strong.

Just got the email. BAU. I'd still rather have no money and win flags.

images

One reason for the profit is that I had to pay $25.00 to place my two boys 6 & 7 years old
on a waiting list so they "may" be able to sit next to me next year :mad:

By the way they still will be taking the $620.00 for their potential membership!

Tried emailing head of membership you would think I was trying to get the email address to the head of ASIO!

Together we are Collingwood.......as long as you pay!

Sorry rant over.

One reason for the profit is that I had to pay $25.00 to place my two boys 6 & 7 years old

By the way they still will be taking the $620.00 for their potential membership!

Tried emailing head of membership you would think I was trying to get the email address to the head of ASIO!

Sorry rant over.

That is piss poor from the club.

Sorry rant over.

Couldn't agree more.

That is piss poor from the club.

The other thing is I know for a fact seats are available around us but the Membership department has some piss poor standard excuse for the $25.00 because they used it the previous year for my niece and my friends son.

At the end of the day whatever to the unnecessary $25.00 fee but don't treat us like fools!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The club can't exactly be accused of grandstanding, announcing a superb financial result when the draft was about half-way through, and the football world was well and truly focused on the biggest event of the off-season. Incredible bit of timing.

It's the sort of thing you might expect from a struggling club when announcing yet another serious loss.

This may not be a particularly popular view, but I don't like that result! I just think that profits are as useful as an a-hole on your elbow when the only aim is to win a premiership.

What brings us closer those profits in the coffers or in the football department?

FWIW I do realise the hiding to nothing element of my post because if I got my way there would be a particular section of support that would say "this is bullshit how can we turnover $70 million + and not make a profit"...

This may not be a particularly popular view, but I don't like that result! I just think that profits are as useful as an a-hole on your elbow when the only aim is to win a premiership.

I couldn't disagree more strongly.

Winning a Premiership is not our only aim, it's not even our most important one.

Our most important aim is "Good ol' Collingwood" being "forever". Our most important aim is to be sustainable, to be able to continue to field a team wearing black and white stripes every year.

Consider the poaching wars with Richmond in the 80's that were a desperate attempt at winning a Premiership. Almost bankrupted us (and failed to deliver a Premiership).

Was that good policy? Ask a Fitzroy supporter.

What brings us closer those profits in the coffers or in the football department?

FWIW I do realise the hiding to nothing element of my post because if I got my way there would be a particular section of support that would say "this is bullshit how can we turnover $70 million + and not make a profit"...

We were unprofitable in the mid to late nineties.

For southern state teams profit is highly correlated to current and future ladder position.

Ed and team deserve congratulations.

Fair question though is if the club 'gouges' with things like the $25 charge listed above.

I couldn't disagree more strongly.

Winning a Premiership is not our only aim, it's not even our most important one.

Our most important aim is "Good ol' Collingwood" being "forever". Our most important aim is to be sustainable, to be able to continue to field a team wearing black and white stripes every year.

Consider the poaching wars with Richmond in the 80's that were a desperate attempt at winning a Premiership. Almost bankrupted us (and failed to deliver a Premiership).

Was that good policy? Ask a Fitzroy supporter.

To see you state that winning a premiership is not our most important aim upsets me. I can't really respond further considering the significant safety net we've set up that should allow us to dialback profits to maximise on-field results...

We were unprofitable in the mid to late nineties.

For southern state teams profit is highly correlated to current and future ladder position.

Ed and team deserve congratulations.

Fair question though is if the club 'gouges' with things like the $25 charge listed above.

It's the fans that deserve congratulations for mine despite two poor years we sustained our membership support which allowed the financial team to take the path we have.

The fact is it isn't the 90's and we arent in a position that requires significant profits year on end! Yep it'll look good for Pert when he presents to the board, but I'd ask what would you prefer a top 4 finish and $100k loss or this profit with a bottom ten result?

I'm taking the top 4 result because that sees a better draw for next year, higher membership and added corporate support which will all go a long way to absorbing that loss...

To see you state that winning a premiership is not our most important aim upsets me. I can't really respond further considering the significant safety net we've set up that should allow us to dialback profits to maximise on-field results...

It's the fans that deserve congratulations for mine despite two poor years we sustained our membership support which allowed the financial team to take the path we have.

The fact is it isn't the 90's and we arent in a position that requires significant profits year on end! Yep it'll look good for Pert when he presents to the board, but I'd ask what would you prefer a top 4 finish and $100k loss or this profit with a bottom ten result?

I'm taking the top 4 result because that sees a better draw for next year, higher membership and added corporate support which will all go a long way to absorbing that loss...

Eddie's on the record as saying our aim is to win flags.

But obviously making a profit along the way is important re the sustainability of the club and let's face it, the better off financially a club is, the better their chances of winning a flag in what is a highly competitive environment.

To put it in some perspective, our profit even with a drop in membership of approx 5k and not making finals for the second year running, was still greater than Hawthorn's after winning their 3rd flag in succession.

Collingwood has been close to going bust twice within in my lifetime. One of them was as recent as 2009. I don't think it's wise to take our sustainability for granted.

The Glasshouse facility is also kinda nice, yes? It's got some features in there that help us win Premierships, yes? At the members forum Ed noted that it makes it easier to recruit players like Treloar when you can sit with them and their manager in that magnificent boardroom (it truly is) and talk about coming to Collingwood.

No way would the Feds have given us $10 million to build the Glasshouse if we didn't have the capacity to match that money.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back