Player Development - lack of often

Remove this Banner Ad

Definitely would love to start seeing dusty in the middle more.
IMO the playing him off half-back experiment was a fail.
At this point in time I don't think he works hard enough defensively to be played in the back half, and he looked pretty uncomfrotable at times even when he had heaps of time and space, his decision making in the back half was really poor at times, just picking the wrong option or bombing it long instead of hitting up targets. He is too valuable as both a mid and forward to be wasted in the back half when there are others coming along like Lennon and McDonough who could play that HBF position.
Dusty didn't end up playing much off the HBL anyway but the point stands. The more players that can play in multiple positions the better. Dusty playing all over the ground is best for the team imo.

I do think players like White, Nahas, Dericx, and perhaps some others were effectively marginalised within the playing squad cliques. could be totally wrong, but I always had the impression White wasn't taken seriously by the 'big players', and didn't have the personality to take it on. He loved the club, the club did not love him back. Not surprising he left, and not surprising he kicked on.

I do think players like White, Nahas, Dericx, and perhaps some others were effectively marginalised within the playing squad cliques. could be totally wrong, but I always had the impression White wasn't taken seriously by the 'big players', and didn't have the personality to take it on. He loved the club, the club did not love him back. Not surprising he left, and not surprising he kicked on.
You nailed it with White
100% fact. He is a shy kid with a simple attitude towards life and didnt like big noting himself
Anyone who knows White will say he's a top bloke
Oh well Ports gain our loss and we shouldn't lament as we have Chaplin Griggs and Newman

Remove this Banner Ad

Back