Player X vs Y.

Remove this Banner Ad

Suarez over prime Torres.

Henry - Raul - Shevchenko.

Carragher v Neville is hard as they play different positions. Sure both are defenders but there is a huge difference between a CB and a FB. Neville was a better FB although Carra was decent when used at FB. Carra obviously the better center half as Neville couldnt even play that position.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Suarez over prime Torres.

Henry - Raul - Shevchenko.

Carragher v Neville is hard as they play different positions. Sure both are defenders but there is a huge difference between a CB and a FB. Neville was a better FB although Carra was decent when used at FB. Carra obviously the better center half as Neville couldnt even play that position.
Neville was a CB before he was an RB and did play there for United. United had excellent CBs throughout his career and he never had to play there.

As an opposition supporter the prospect of coming up against Torres in his prime terrified me, particularly as he consistently got the better of Vidic in his prime and very few can claim that. Suarez just didn't inspire fear like that for me.
Definitely. I feared for the players lives when Suarez was around tho.

Definitely. I feared for the players lives when Suarez was around tho.
Yeah same always hoped he ate before the match but imagine if he took a chunk out of vidic wouldn't be pretty

Yeah same always hoped he ate before the match but imagine if he took a chunk out of vidic wouldn't be pretty
I always hoped that he would bite Vida actually. Suarez wouldn't have survived.

Carragher would have rested pretty consistently among the best half dozen CB's in the league through his peak, but Neville was undisputably the best right back in the league at his best so you'd give it to him based on that wouldn't you? Neither particularly gifted footballers but it's hard to think of many defenders who understood and read the game better than those 2.

How unsurprising.

How many full matches have you seen of Romario? Honestly?

Given that he was past his prime before you probably even knew what football was, and the fact that games were not as accessible in the 1990s as they are today, I suspect the answer is "not many", and you're just going off YouTube highlights. Before you have a go at others, perhaps it might be a good idea to acknowledge your own limitations.

As for Carragher v Neville, Neville was a RB and Carragher a CB who at times played as a full-back, so you'd take Nevile as a RB and Carragher as a CB. But overall, Neville will probably be remembered as the better player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back