PS4 PlayStation 4 News (Articles, Accessories and Everything Else)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Metro Redux retail isn't out for a few more days but just realised it's up in PS store for 54.95, cheaper than boxed retail AFAIK. Anyone given it a shot yet? Youtube videos aren't telling me much on the improvement on 2033. Doesn't look as arse as Last Light did on consoles anyway.
I never played them so I purchased it at that price.

Hopefully they are good games.

I never played them so I purchased it at that price.

Hopefully they are good games.

Story is great. Make sure to start from 2033 and soak up the atmosphere. I love horror books and movies but an absolute pussy when it comes to games, Metro is about as much horror as I can do. Wanting to know what happens next in the story is what kept me going. I also loved the contrast in feeling claustrophobic and on edge whenever underground, but felt the suffocating urgency when on the surface levels.

Story is great. Make sure to start from 2033 and soak up the atmosphere. I love horror books and movies but an absolute pussy when it comes to games, Metro is about as much horror as I can do. Wanting to know what happens next in the story is what kept me going. I also loved the contrast in feeling claustrophobic and on edge whenever underground, but felt the suffocating urgency when on the surface levels.
Didn't realise it had a lot of horror. Now I'm concerned lol.

Is it hard?

Themes coming to PS4 with Firmware 2.0, know this was wanted by a few. Will be nice to spruce up the XMB with some different looks.

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/09/01/playstation-4-is-finally-getting-theme-support

About fu***** time! ...seriously!

Not that i'm on the system all that often but the home screen has been hideously boring for far too long now.

Guess they were waiting for some decent games to hit til they added features that should've been in from the bloody start! :drunk:

Better than fallout?

Didn't realise it had a lot of horror. Now I'm concerned lol.

Is it hard?

Not hard. I think redux has revamped difficulty levels. On the original if you set it to easy then while you wouldn't die quite as easily the enemies became bullet sponges. It only becomes hard if you're wasteful with ammo. A couple token jump scares, but I managed and I'm a horror game wimp.

Better than fallout?

Completely different sort of game. Metro is pretty linear, no RPG elements to speak of. It's just a first person shooter with a really cool story.

Not hard. I think redux has revamped difficulty levels. On the original if you set it to easy then while you wouldn't die quite as easily the enemies became bullet sponges. It only becomes hard if you're wasteful with ammo. A couple token jump scares, but I managed and I'm a horror game wimp.

Completely different sort of game. Metro is pretty linear, no RPG elements to speak of. It's just a first person shooter with a really cool story.
I only really play games for their story mostly so if you rate it highly, I might give it a whirl.

Why the hype for Destiny? The bits and pieces I've seen I'm not interested, meanwhile the internet is losing it's collective s**t.
Agreed. It was good, but thats all. A lot of people gonna be disappointed when its the same few instances over and over again and you can't just join random raids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Far Cry 4 is still my most anticipated game.

But most of the really interesting stuff is coming in 2015
Really looking forward to FC4 and Destiny this year.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back