PS4 PlayStation 4 News (Articles, Accessories and Everything Else)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah they didn't even look at my console when I took it in boxed. I could have scored a free controller if I had of thought of it.

The way I handled it was I went into the store, but left the console in the boot of my car. Explained the issue and they offered a replacement and I went and grabbed it no fuss.

If you're in a position to do the same I would do that. It's a lot harder to turn someone down face to face.

Yeah they didn't even look at my console when I took it in boxed. I could have scored a free controller if I had of thought of it.

The way I handled it was I went into the store, but left the console in the boot of my car. Explained the issue and they offered a replacement and I went and grabbed it no fuss.

If you're in a position to do the same I would do that. It's a lot harder to turn someone down face to face.

Works even better if you're naked and you give the staff a wink. Works 9/10.

Yeah I had my console replaced at the 10-11 month mark for a separate issue and the Bigfooty boys got me up to date with consumer laws, etc.

Have a read of the laws themselves, there was a small pdf that I found ages ago with a google search that has the wording you need. Given that it is after the year mark, I would expect them to be more cagey with you.

But the important points were

> You get to choose whether you deal with the retailer (EB/JB types) you purchased from or the manufacturer (Sony) of the product. Neither can turn you down and tell you it is a matter for others to deal with. I chose the retailer as they were close and I got mine replaced immediately, but mine was a different issue.

> They can offer to repair or replace, if it is a minor fault which this sounds like. If it is a major fault you can demand replacement.

Important things to know when you're going in there NUFC Tiger

Thanks mate, might do a bit of reading/researching. Any idea where you found that pdf by any chance?

I think the issue itself is a little less common now with post launch models but still something they need to look into, I don't even use the eject button anymore in fear it might happen again.

I'd just give the store you bought it from a call first, make them aware about the issue saying that it's a rather widespread problem & you'd like them to replace the console, if all good take it in & get them to swap it over for a new one before going through Sony as they don't always replace it with a brand new one.

It all depends on who you talk to as some store clerks can be a pain in the ass to deal with & others can be pretty reasonable or unaware of the strict warranty guidelines the managers stick to, when I took mine in they didn't even look at the console or the fact I returned it without the controller so I scored a free DS4 lol.

Haha! That's pretty clever - I might need to keep that in mind so I can get another controller. :D

Yeah, quite a few were speculating that the issue might have been only applicable to those who ordered pre launch consoles. A lot of my mates got their PS4s after launch and haven't had the issue.

Nice, that sounds like it was pretty pain and stress free for you.

The only potential problem/hurdle I can possibly envision (if I go to the retailer - Dick Smiths in this case) was that I pre ordered online (the invoice for their company is in NSW while I'm here in VIC). Maybe I might go into one of the stores on my lunch break and ask them and see what they can suggest.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/01/20/grab-10-playstation-store-discount-friday/

Hi everyone. We hope your New Year is getting off to a great start! As promised, as a thank you to all of our PSN members, we are happy to announce the details of the 10% PlayStation Store discount.

The discount will be valid from 9.00am GMT on 23rd January until 9.00am GMT on 26th January. Simply use the promotion code for a one-time 10% discount off eligible items in a total cart purchase in PlayStation Store on PS3, PS4 or via store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com.

Some exclusions do apply, including subscriptions for PS Plus, Music Unlimited and rental video content. The code must be redeemed at checkout and your discounted transaction must be completed before 9.00am on 26th January.

This was from PSN being down over Xmas. Resident Evil Remake HD came out at a good time then :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just an update on my PS4 ejecting disc issue for anyone interested or that comes across this issue - got an email back from Sony yesterday with some instructions to tighten a screw inside the PS4. I had a look last night and the particular screw was fully screwed in (probably sitting 2-3mm out of place).

Apparently it is the PS4's manual release for whenever a disc gets stuck inside and won't eject. Did a bit of further reading and its been suggested that in the rush to try and get their consoles out to market quickly, the manufacturing process might have been skimped over a bit (hence the issue being somewhat common).

Hoping now that its fully screwed in, that's the end of the issue. Good signs so far - PS4 didn't turn itself on last night after powering down.

Gonna wait till they add some DLC or something as I still have my PS3 copy and don't see the point of paying for a graphical update right now.

RPGs, FPS, anything really. Not a big fan of games with a massive fantasy element though.
Single player FPS Wolfenstein is great. Destiny has awesome gun play and is heaps of fun if you play online, it's highly addictive and takes up heaps of time though.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

What game should I buy next? Like a must have.

So far I have FIFA and NBA 2K.
them two are usually my staples.. althought i gave nba a miss this year..

id go with far cry 4..

got alot of enjoyment out of it and if u enjoyed the game play of gta u will enjoy far cry

RPGs, FPS, anything really. Not a big fan of games with a massive fantasy element though.

If the fantasty setting is the thing stopping you from trying Shadow of Mordor, I'd suggest you try it anyway.

The Lord of the Rings stuff is there for those who want it, but it is entirely non-essential to enjoying the game.

So much fun.

Gonna wait till they add some DLC or something as I still have my PS3 copy and don't see the point of paying for a graphical update right now.

CoD may take your fancy.

You could probably buy a second hand version off someone from BF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back