Preview Port Adelaide v Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Expecting a massive response this weekend, happy with the final team selected now to see the boys fire up for one of the few times this year. Want to see the fierce tackling pressure, the gut running all our great footy comes from. No more talk time to show some action, and farewelling a club legend, his 300th and all the stick we have copped this week should have the boys breathing fire. Bring on Richmond and bring on Sunday.

haha Tony Shaw has just picked us to win by 10+ goals on Sunday. Kiss of death stuff that.

I think it will be a replay of the Cassisi farewell game vs Melbourne from last year.

We will play like crap but scrape over the line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it will be a replay of the Cassisi farewell game vs Melbourne from last year.

We will play like crap but scrape over the line.
Nah.. if we play crap Richmond will win easily.. cant afford to play even 80%.

I actually think we'll win this well.

Haha

1W5EUFx.jpg

Needless to say this weekend's game is a very critical game. One champion will retire, but will other champions rise to the occassion? Or, more importantly, will they rise to silence critics and supporters alike?
I for one believe this is the biggest game of our season because it needs to be the beginning of a drastic turn-around. With almost every footy fan remembering what we did to Richmond in the Elimination Final, this game is vital to our 2015 season and Premiership hopes. The wake-up call has been delivered, now it's the time for us to deliver...

The single greatest thing you can do for your beloved club this Sunday, is to turn up at Adelaide Oval (if that is remotely possible for you to do). We need to show the AFL, the other clubs and, most importantly, our boys that no matter what they go through, we will never give up on them. We will be there to cheer on our boys and remind everybody why it is rightfully nicknamed The Portress.

You have every right to be upset as a supporter from the recent performances. You might even think that "why should I turn up, when the lads didn't bother last week". And if you think that, then maybe you see justification, but remember what you are... you are a supporter. And what does a supporter do? Through the good and the bad, through the tarps and pouring rain, through the shutdowns and the comebacks, the supporter will SUPPORT.

I know that opinions and empty threats from one guy on his keyboard in another state are of little significance, but if you are a member and don't go to the game this Sunday (unless legitimate/health reasons, or don't pass on your pass to another Power supporter), and show our boys the support they need, then frankly you don't deserve your membership. I would love to be at every Power home game - so remember your role and importance as a member/supporter, or you're better off giving it to someone who would cherish it more.

We are Port Adelaide, and no matter what is thrown our way, they will never EVER tear us apart. Time to put those words into practice, people.

If the boys can't get up for Kane's 300th then they can't get up for anything. If they lose this for him it will be an absolute disgrace, no exceptions.

Come on boys. Port by 1.

If the boys can't get up for Kane's 300th then they can't get up for anything. If they lose this for him it will be an absolute disgrace, no exceptions.

Come on boys. Port by 1.
Kane cornes retiring will have no bearing on how this will result. Once the ball is bounced its business as usual.

Kane cornes retiring will have no bearing on how this will result. Once the ball is bounced its business as usual.
Extra motivation during the preparation for the game? The game is still played the same way but with a bit more heart and thus a bit more effort. It might not change the result in the end, but the boys should be up for it.

Port by 18 is what I think. Early morning flight tomorrow to Adelaide, wondering if I might see the Richmond players at the Airport. If so I'll have to give Troy Chaplin some feedback :p
Be sure to say hello to the campaigner on behalf of our 60,000 supporters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back