Preview Port Adelaide vs Hawthorn - 7.10 Saturday 25th April @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm glad I scored the Locker Room tickets to this game even more now. Can you imagine what the atmosphere will be like in the rooms after a victory? In-*******-sane.

lol., neade trained with the group today
tumblr_mhg7r3wavH1r5lye1o1_500.gif

Because if you're playing tonight you wouldn't be training today.
We always hold someone out if the maggies play the day before the power. Polec probably had a fitness test this morning with Robbie. I doubt we would've picked Gray last night if he wasn't a chance. People need to calm their s**t.

So much hate for Neade. I don't think he's been anywhere near as bad as people are making out. A few brain farts with his disposal no doubt but his intensity has been great and his strength has improved greatly it seems. I'll back him in for a good game if he comes in for White/Polec.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont know what to think about this game, i know that Hawthorn will show up but not sure about Port, i think Ken is still learning his craft here with bringing neade into this side.

TBH would be really happy to come within 3 goals of the Hawks (hate having that kind of loser's mentality though!!) given the interrupted start to the season to several key players and injuries to of our stars. Coming within 3 goals will show that we are around the mark of the competition's 2 or 3 top teams.

Really excited to see how Krak goes on either Puopolo or Rioli, how Lobbe and Ryder function in tandem with Patty spending extra time up forward and the extra responsibilities blokes like Young, Mitchell and Ah Chee get. We really need Boak to play a blinder, Hartlett to step up and Westoff to break his form slump.

Think Hombsch matches up well on Roughy and Carlile to watch Gunston although wouldn't be surprised to see Jonas get a run on Gunston if he doesn't take Bruest. We're a massive chance if we keep pressuring the likes of Burgoyne, Birchall and Suckling out of defence and let Monfries play a defensive role on Hodge. Time to avenge last year's PF!!!!

TBH would be really happy to come within 3 goals of the Hawks (hate having that kind of loser's mentality though!!) given the interrupted start to the season to several key players and injuries to of our stars. Coming within 3 goals will show that we are around the mark of the competition's 2 or 3 top teams.

Really excited to see how Krak goes on either Puopolo or Rioli, how Lobbe and Ryder function in tandem with Patty spending extra time up forward and the extra responsibilities blokes like Young, Mitchell and Ah Chee get. We really need Boak to play a blinder, Hartlett to step up and Westoff to break his form slump.

Think Hombsch matches up well on Roughy and Carlile to watch Gunston although wouldn't be surprised to see Jonas get a run on Gunston if he doesn't take Bruest. We're a massive chance if we keep pressuring the likes of Burgoyne, Birchall and Suckling out of defence and let Monfries play a defensive role on Hodge. Time to avenge last year's PF!!!!

Nah, we're at home and should expect to win.
We were awful against Sydney, not because of a lack of firepower, but because we attempted (dismally) to play like Hawthorn in order to beat them. Play like Port and we're in it.

We were awful against Sydney, not because of a lack of firepower, but because we attempted (dismally) to play like Hawthorn in order to beat them. Play like Port and we're in it.
I agree and will walk into the stadium expecting to win. However, I wouldn't be too disappointed if we came within about 2-3 goals of the Hawks as they are pretty much full-strength minus Frawley and we are missing two plays who probably would make us a 3-goal better side plus playing guys who have interrupted starts to the season. But yeah, definitely expecting to win!

We are Port Adelaide, we expect to win.

Craig: We can not defeat this army.

William: We can! And we will! We won at Stirling, and still you quibble. We won at York and you would not support us. If you will not stand up with us now then I say you're a coward. And if you are Scotsmen, I am ashamed to call myself one.
- Braveheart

At what point did we as supporters lose our balls? At what point did we go from saying 'We will never, ever give up' to 'We will give up before the first ball is even bounced'?? Listen to most of you. I know you want to isolate yourselves from the ignominy of defeat by predicting it now, because you feel that if you resign yourself to it, if you expect it, then it won't hurt any less. * that s**t. Embrace it. If we get flogged, so be it - we simply weren't good enough and we need to learn from that. Do you think the soldiers that charged the mounted guns at The Nek, knowing that their cause was a lost one, did not give everything they had and died with honor and bravery? Or did they simply charge into the fray with their bayonets still holstered, knowing it was futile?

If we want this game to be played with that same spirit, we have to reflect that same attitude as those soldiers did. We pushed for this game - a game that is meant to honor those who played for the Port Adelaide Football Club but died in service to their country. And at the first sign of adversity, some of you want to throw in the towel because it's easy to do so. So Wines and Gray are out - that just means it's greater opportunity for guys like Wingard, Boak, Hartlett, Ebert, Young and Westhoff to stand up and add to the Port Adelaide legend. It gives a young bull like Ah Chee the chance to show he's just as capable as Wines when it comes to the contested ball.

When we win, as I believe we should, ask yourself what is more important - to stand with the club you supposedly support, or to stand with the club that is victorious? "There can be honor in defeat, but to each of us, honorable defeat of our club and guernsey can only come after human endeavour on the playing field is completely exhausted."

This is the type of game that creates diamonds from coal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back