Preview Port Adelaide vs Hawthorn - 7.10 Saturday 25th April @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Chin up! Don't be a Debbie downer.
Hard not to be mate. Was insanely pumped for this game.... This news just deflates you instantly. I know we have a quality team and we won't get flogged, but you can't lose your best player and also your second best clearance player (Wines) and beat a team like the Hawks. Will be over the moon if we pull it off, but you have to be realistic sometimes.

Wasn't confident before this, now i'm almost resigned to the fact that we will be 1 and 3 and will be facing a undefeated crows next week in a bid to save our season from ruin. After all the cr*p we heard about our club being luckiest club in the history of footy, i bet all those folks out yonda are smiling right now.

Losing your best player the night before the big game, 1-2 coming up against last years premiers and the top team in the next two weeks......

1-4 a real possibility. We slog it out with hawthorn while the crows get another preseason game.

We needed to be fit and firing in the first five weeks, it isn't working out that way.

Having Gray out, our best clearance and contested ball winner is going to make it really hard that we are already missed Wines.

Really tough game now. Would be massive if the boys can get up though.

Damn, it's hard not to be pessimistic. Going on form and now injuries to two top stars it'll be a miracle if it's not an absolute flogging. :(

Sorry i'll go be a negative nancy somewhere else. :p

Losing your best player the night before the big game, 1-2 coming up against last years premiers and the top team in the next two weeks......

1-4 a real possibility. We slog it out with hawthorn while the crows get another preseason game.

We needed to be fit and firing in the first five weeks, it isn't working out that way.
This. We were the best first 5 round team of the last 2 years. So we decided to chop and change with our pre season preparation and now we are seriously looking like being 1 and 4.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't wait to see him kick his hospital balls. Only if he kicks it over the mark though...

If Neade plays I'd expect him to play fullforward with Lake and the ball to be kicked to the top of his head 100 times in an empty forward line.

So happy Sportsbet has a cash out option...

So I can cash out my port bet and put double on them at their new odds!!
It's the most logical thing to do.

Have to agree about the negativity. We had a poor preseason, I just felt like we didn't take it seriously as the last two. I feel some selections have been confusing. Not sure what guys like Stewart have to do to get a game. Neade doesn't deserve a run this week, no matter how wet it's going to be.

Damn, it's hard not to be pessimistic. Going on form and now injuries to two top stars it'll be a miracle if it's not an absolute flogging. :(

Sorry i'll go be a negative nancy somewhere else. :p

it's fine - if we want to be a top side, we need to be able to deal with these sorts of 'outs', thats just the reality. If we get thumped, we need to accept that we are not quite there as a club.

in any case, it is going to be a slippery night so I think that mitigates some of the injuries to a certain extent because it'll turn the game on to a man on man contest and we'll back ourselves with speed and reaching the contest and loose balls first - we just need to make sure that our first gives are spot on.

Massive game for our forwards. If we can break even in the midfield, I am confident that our running backs (Pittard, Broady and Hammer) can pump enough of the ball to our boys up front. We need a big game from the Hoff, not working hard enough for me.

Fire up lads!

Seriously how the hell does Neade get into this team. He has been absolutely terrible this season.
one of many selection queries...Neade should at the moment be paying for the academy team...Someone in selection has hijacked our good approach..How is Mr Voss going these days..why was he strangely sacked from Brisbane

one of many selection queries...Neade should at the moment be paying for the academy team...Someone in selection has hijacked our good approach..How is Mr Voss going these days..why was he strangely sacked from Brisbane

I'll save you the time and just say Paul Stewart should be playing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back