Port Adelaide won't rebuild under David Koch

Remove this Banner Ad

So are you happy to go through what North Melbourne has gone through since round 1 of 2020?

Being a rabble of easy beats for a number of years didn’t work out too badly for Hawks or Tigers.

There’s more than one way to win a flag.

Geelong stayed up and added parts.
Pies knocked down parts of the wall and bounced right back (bit of luck getting a top 5 player as a F/S but they were planning on that too).
Hawks, Tigers had proper rebuilds with repeat years of top draft picks.

Being a rabble of easy beats for a number of years didn’t work out too badly for Hawks or Tigers.

There’s more than one way to win a flag.

Geelong stayed up and added parts.
Pies knocked down parts of the wall and bounced right back (bit of luck getting a top 5 player as a F/S but they were planning on that too).
Hawks, Tigers had proper rebuilds with repeat years of top draft picks.

If you asked about freos 2016-21 rebuild, I will be brutally honest.

Was it flawed? yes it was.

Did I enjoy it? Remarkably most of it. I hated 2016 when freo were 0-10 and crippled with injury and went 4 wins and 18 losses.

I enjoyed 2017 much more. Yeah it was 14th spot with 8 wins and 14 losses. North was 15th on 6 wins and 16 losses. Dockers had 6 wins from their opening 9 games, despite going 0-2. Yeah freo Beat North melbourne twice Narrowly. Had North beat freo once in 2017, Both and Freo have 7 games each. North would of got 14th and freo 15th because of percentage.

I just wanted to avoid going 0-10. It hurts you slowly and Psychologically.

When freo beat the dogs in round 3 in 2017, it wasnt a good win, it was a massive Psychological win. Instant confidence in saying we are a chance to beat any bottom half side at home.

In 2017 and 2018 dockers finished both seasons on 14th with 8 wins and 14 losses. I could of tolerated 16th in 2017 and 2018 provided freo did 2 things.

1. won 6 or 7 games rather than 4.

2. won at least 1 game by round 5 or 6.

As tempting as it is to get pick 1 and get an elite mid like Harley Reid or Chris Judd or Dangerfield or Martin, there is always a chance freo would of got another injury prone player like Anthony Morabito.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back