Mega Thread Possible trades in 2015 for the Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we REALLY need it, Cheney or Pods could fill in at key back, but I'm not sure Pods will be around next year, and Cheney really isn't big enough to play on the big forwards. He competes, but you wouldn't choose to play him there.

I wonder if Tippett will end up at Brisbane, I mean really, why would Sydney offer him another big deal?

I think people are overstating the Walsh factor, I don't mean any disrespect but far out I don't think he was the difference between getting a player and not, he was the same as any other coach of the 18 teams (well bar Essendon), that is he has his own style and standards which may or may not appeal to all.

I was thinking about our defence and one player who hasn't played much footy recently but was considered to be a strong pick is Seb Tape. He certainly has a lot of courage which has resulted with some serious injuries but would he be worth looking at. Having an opinion on him I guess would be difficult given his lack of play time but when I saw him earlier at the Suns I thought he was wroth considering. Does anyone have any knowledge of him or an opinion on him

Polarizes opinion. The gap between his best and worst is far too great at this stage but there's something to work with.

I cant really see us letting him go cheaply, we might have Talia and Lever but thats all. Sam Shaw is an enigma and Siggins isn't quite there yet.

Agreed.....I'd love to see Hartigan tried up forward as some reverse Ben Rutten experiment...he already has the poor kicking skills so he will fit right in.

I know a couple of years ago many on here talked about him as a possible target. I think there was a lot talk about Day as well.

Smart Arse :)

Seriously though, he has at times showed a bit in the contested mark department and he is quick across the ground.

Maybe without the burden of always looking like a guy about to have a panic attack down back he might surprise. I have no doubt he would crash a better pack than Jenkins for starters.

Seriously though, he has at times showed a bit in the contested mark department and he is quick across the ground.

Maybe without the burden of always looking like a guy about to have a panic attack down back he might surprise. I have no doubt he would crash a better pack than Jenkins for starters.
I still loved your comment though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll forgive the club if we fall off the cliff dramatically in terms of on-field results for the rest of the season but the very real ramification is that prospective recruits will cool on us very quickly.

It will appear that either Walsh was the key factor (who has now gone) and/or that the club is now quite fragile and coming here would be committing to a difficult relationship with 'damaged goods'.

The next 3 months are massive.

It will be harder to commit to a club with no senior coach

I agree to an extent.

SA/homesick players wont have swayed though. Aish and Scharenburg should be prime targets.

Also would you prefer to be at a post-Walsh Adelaide, or a Hird Essendon? Carlisle gettable.
Particularly if the talk is essendon are backing in Hird for next season!

I think Wada may impact on is recruiting Carlisle.

Lots of talk about North having to trade and rebuild. Anyone worthy of targeting? Scott Thompson will be 30 in may next year but is reasonably durable and is a former AA Full Back. At his age would probably come cheap. Robbie Tarrant 26 years old, could be another useful experienced tall.

Lots of talk about North having to trade and rebuild. Anyone worthy of targeting? Scott Thompson will be 30 in may next year but is reasonably durable and is a former AA Full Back. At his age would probably come cheap. Robbie Tarrant 26 years old, could be another useful experienced tall.

I think he's past it. Had his arse handed to him a couple times this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back