Mega Thread Possible trades in 2015 for the Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody know who is out of contract from Sydney at the end of the year? With there trade restrictions in place of only being able to trade in players with a salary of no more than $350K or draft picks if we could convince a quality player to nominate us and ask for a trade we may be able to get them for unders or Sydney risk losing them for nothing

Does anybody know who is out of contract from Sydney at the end of the year? With there trade restrictions in place of only being able to trade in players with a salary of no more than $350K or draft picks if we could convince a quality player to nominate us and ask for a trade we may be able to get them for unders or Sydney risk losing them for nothing
Out of all the teams in the AFL at the moment, Colas are the only one that make me exhibit a sore anoos. I would not want to do business with those entitled campaigners unless it was a last resort. I can't wait till we beat them again.

I asked a BF member who'd know on Twitter. Second round to "guarantee" he's ours, third Rd he's roughly 90% to be there still.

This is the guy we are rumoured to be up to our ears into in this years draft, 198cm 102Kg mature age KPD formerly on the Pies rookie list...>>>>>Tarrant.

http://coburgfc.com.au/michael-hartley/

Wouldn't surprise me. Our depth of tall KPD consists of two people Talia and Hartigan. Hartigan is yet to convince the world he is AFL ready so getting a player like this would be a good get.

The reason we need a better key defender is because our midfield is thin and we concede plenty of unpressured delivery into our D50.

The reason we need another key forward is because our midfield lacks class and we struggle to kick to the advantage of our forwards.

If we can just get another quality key defender and another marking forward then we are all set.

The reason we need a better key defender is because our midfield is thin and we concede plenty of unpressured delivery into our D50.

The reason we need another key forward is because our midfield lacks class and we struggle to kick to the advantage of our forwards.

If we can just get another quality key defender and another marking forward then we are all set.

We need to find and draft a smooth mover in the middle. Hopefully with a top 10 pick (maybe 2 top 10 picks) we will get some class. Not to mention if we land any classy young midfielders like Aish etc. Another KPF is not what we need as a priority anyway. If we got the class in the middle we probably would stop burning so many forward entries.

Because Shaw was never out marked in most contests the week before. ;)

Hartigan has played more good than poor games. Remember he is still inexperienced, so there will be inconsistency.

The jury is still out.

upload_2015-8-3_8-44-28.png

I'm not 100% on Jack's date. Stories aren't clear on his end date.

Lewis Jetta is the perfect player for us, would much rather him than Yarran.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out of all the teams in the AFL at the moment, Colas are the only one that make me exhibit a sore anoos. I would not want to do business with those entitled campaigners unless it was a last resort. I can't wait till we beat them again.
I hate the idea of trading with them too but we could use this to our advantage and screw them over say for example Jetta is out of contract at the end of the year and we offer him $700K we can only trade back a player who earns $350K or less or a draft pick and if we just happen to trade our 1st round for someone else there's not much they can ask for

Ottens wont be delisted. Siggins and Shaw most likely will.
I think Shaw has so much more upside than Otten. Without intending to be offensive to Otten, he isn't strong, he's slow, lacks agility, and skills are mediocre.
I just can't see him being able to match up well on many forwards.

Hartley looks the goods, better make sure we get him.

Otten isn't getting delisted. You don't delist players recovering from an ACL injury
One of he or Shaw probably needs to go for list purposes.

Currently I have it at

OUT
Reilly, Podsiadly - retired
Siggins, Martin, Otten/Shaw, Wilson, Ozzie - delisted
Mackay, Kerridge, Wright, Hendo - traded
Dangerfield - FA contract
Thats 6 players and 2 rookies gone with 4 possibly 5 up for trade.

IN
ROB, Kelly - upgraded
Yarran, Aish - trades
Draft picks.

Now depending on what happens with trades we have 4 live picks at the draft, possibly 5. Of course this is dependent on who our coach is and the path he wants to take list wise. IMO thats why we need to appoint the right guy sooner rather than later.

Problem is how will clubs in finals react to us saying 'We want this guy as our coach can you release him'

One of he or Shaw probably needs to go for list purposes.

Currently I have it at

OUT
Reilly, Podsiadly - retired
Siggins, Martin, Otten/Shaw, Wilson, Ozzie - delisted
Mackay, Kerridge, Wright, Hendo - traded
Dangerfield - FA contract
Thats 6 players and 2 rookies gone with 4 possibly 5 up for trade.

IN
ROB, Kelly - upgraded
Yarran, Aish - trades
Draft picks.

Now depending on what happens with trades we have 4 live picks at the draft, possibly 5. Of course this is dependent on who our coach is and the path he wants to take list wise. IMO thats why we need to appoint the right guy sooner rather than later.

Problem is how will clubs in finals react to us saying 'We want this guy as our coach can you release him'
I'd give him one more year.

I'd give him one more year.
I rate him alot higher than some other 'best 22' players in terms of effort and toughness but really that isn't enough.

I wouldn't be upset if we did give him a year but don't think we should. Maybe a trade option too ?? He probably deserves a crack somewhere else.

I rate him alot higher than some other 'best 22' players in terms of effort and toughness but really that isn't enough.

I wouldn't be upset if we did give him a year but don't think we should. Maybe a trade option too ?? He probably deserves a crack somewhere else.
I think we have so many players either potentially going or getting delisted that we will have to keep him anyway. And I wouldnt be unhappy with that. I've been surprised with how good he has been when in the team. He should come back in this week. He's twice the footballer Mackay is and there's no guarantee we're going to be able to get rid of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back